MOD: Minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear to me that if you guys (Flatout) are the only one that has problems. That their is a problem with the car or the skin. :smile:
Did you guys had also mindumps the last race?
Maybe so Ivo but c'mon man that's not our issue is it? We didn't produce the car, all we have done is been given a car and skinned it. So what are we supposed to do and tbh Neils BVR guys have had the same issue with the car. We have no control over what happens and it's becom ing hugely frustating.

Not sure mate regarding the last race how many mini dumps there were.

i know Lee, im everytime wrong and FO is everytime right...oO
yeah there is a prob... but dont say everytime that the problem is the MOD... if is the MOD, why not everyone have probs???? oO
its easy to say its the MOD is the MOD its the MOD...
make one yourself and we will see... ;)

Tom, have you tried to test the MOD onto a clean installation of EVO?
I suggest this because I had some problem (even to start the game) until I have uninstalled+installed Steam&Evo and cleared the \document and settings\...race07\... folders.
I hope you solve the problem soon ;)

So "negative"... :(

everytime about the MOD... oO
there is only some guys who have problem... not everyone... then i think we need to search in a other way than only MOD PROB...!!!!

Re read the post - I said skins/mod/track/whatever, but it is all part of the mod - its not something we can fix without everyone having new files for our skins, if thats the problem, if we just change the file names surely there will be file mismatches.

It's clear to me that if you guys (Flatout) are the only one that has problems. That their is a problem with the car or the skin. :smile:
Did you guys had also mindumps the last race?

Looks like its not just us or this thread wouldn't exist, Neil reports mini dumps and Luca said he had on in his first race.

Honestly its not me trying to be negative, everytime we have a problem and we post about it somehow we are being negative. Its no ones fault so just take it as a problem lets try and fix it and move on - We just want to get this stuff sorted and have everything run smoothly so we can concentrate on racing, it serves no one for any team to have problems, if we get to the race and people mini dump then the whole league is effected.

The thread was opened when we where still using the Morgan.
And i was focusing on now with my comment.
Weird thing is that Luca did a test race yesterday and had no problems and you and BVM also didn't had any problems on Bahrain.
I still don't close my eyes that their is a problem but i feel you guys don't read that i am agreeing with you that there is offcourse a problem.

The thread was opened when we where still using the Morgan.
And i was focusing on now with my comment.
Weird thing is that Luca did a test race yesterday and had no problems and you and BVM also didn't had any problems on Bahrain.
I still don't close my eyes that their is a problem but i feel you guys don't read that.
Correction we had heaps of problems at Bahrain with minidumps, non during the race yes but in the practice session before Nigel spent friggin ages trying to leave the pits and got minidump after minidump, i also had a similar problem but not to the same extent, i did report the problem with minidumps and files names then but got very little response

i know Lee, im everytime wrong and FO is everytime right...oO
yeah there is a prob... but dont say everytime that the problem is the MOD... if is the MOD, why not everyone have probs???? oO
its easy to say its the MOD is the MOD its the MOD...
make one yourself and we will see... ;)

Oh dear this is getting us nowhere.
If we run any other in game vehicles, add on tracks, previous stc mod or any other vehicle mod everything runs fine.
We may experience a random mini dump or game crash like anyone else can due to GTR evo being like that, but when we use this mod the mini dump rate goes up to an unacceptable level, example approx 15 yesterday.

All we are looking for is for some feed back as to how to fix this, is that unreasonable?

You say its not the mod, OK lets try to eliminate the other possibility's.
1. The server has been set up wrong: wouldn't think so, I'm sure you have faith in our admin to set it right.
2. There is a rouge PC causing this: wouldn't think so as it can happen when different drivers are on track, completely random.
3. We have installed the mod wrong: What, all of us?
4. Its related to the skin: been happening from the start, as is well documented.
5. Something wrong with server source: we can run any other mod/track combo without this problem.

Is there somewhere else we should be looking? All we ask is some advise on what to check next?

Guys, i have just checked the documents/LOG/Trace but nothing? only a race results txt I also have a mini dump folder but are these any good to you?

We have just had 2 cars on track as soon as we went to race it dumped

If we run any other in game vehicles, add on tracks, previous stc mod or any other vehicle mod everything runs fine.

Sorry, but it definetly is not a right afirmation. All the latest minidumps I have had in Evo have been racing Minis or WTCC cars, even in original game tracks. So, maybe the problem is related to the game itself, and maybe EVO is not the best platform at the end. Anyway, we have alredy done 3 full races (2 test races & one champ race) and there where not minidumps.

1. The server has been set up wrong: wouldn't think so, I'm sure you have faith in our admin to set it right. I don´t doubt you set it right, but why we have not minidumps on STC server?
2. There is a rouge PC causing this: wouldn't think so as it can happen when different drivers are on track, completely random. Then is there a motive we can look at, or is it still completely random?
3. We have installed the mod wrong: What, all of us? Maybe in the server? It can cause minidumps to all the drivers joining the event.
4. Its related to the skin: been happening from the start, as is well documented. And from the start every car onthe MOD had his own skin, so maybe this is the reason and maybe don´t. But as I cheked all the skins personally before releasing the MOD all I can say is that all the skins are using the good and correct format.
5. Something wrong with server source: we can run any other mod/track combo without this problem.

I think that if there is a problem we have to fix it, and I appreciate every note you can bring about the matter. But I really want to be 100% sure it is a MOD/track/STC problem before starting to spend hours and hours and hours and hours in the seek, and I want to be 100% sure that we are still having minidumps in the STC server (when I say "having minidumps" I mean more than usual, as it is proved that EVO makes minidumps even using default material). When I created my team skin and I cheked the rest of teams skins I entered the game hundreds of times and have no a single one.

We will loook at it really close.

Any other team/driver having minidumps issues? It is important you all comunicate it if you have experienced it.

Are you guys talking about the Flat Out server?
Yes, it seems like the Vertisgo which may be causing the issue and will confrim once we have more drivers on track. I have since added the trace9 to the launch on steam and not one dump, this is with myself and Andy the same drivers as the earlier dumps. Maybe a coincidence i'm not sure but will report back once the other guys are free who had the dumps last night.

Ok, we just had another one now and have the trace, shall we post it here? It seems to happen 8 out of 10 times when the VW is directly behind a Vertigo on the start line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes