MOD: Minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Tom how bad it was at Trois Rivieres with 10 minudumps per second, so if you did complete a 34 minutes race without problems the Monza minidump is not MOD´s fault.

So it looks like the thing is fixed. Cool. :)

Thanks for helping to find it Tom.
Well we had a 45min race on long beach 1 week ago where there was only 1 minidump. It was the second race where the whole server was minidumped. So i find it early to tell its cured. Also we had 1 minidump yesterday on barcelona in practice before the race and on monza 2007, where monza is a ingame track.

It looks much better though, but i find it to early to tell its cured. Need some more time. we never had massive problems apart from that one race. Just now and then a minidump.

Will keep you guys posted about.

Last week Xosé and Eckhart had a minidump when racing WTCC cars on a original game circuit.

I think it looks well. I mean, if we make a test with 8543817623187 mindumps, we take the morgan off and don´t have a single one, it looks like fixed. :)

agree that we seem to have a 95% security the problem is fixed. It seems that with a game like race07 that was not built around modding (like rFactor) or around internet gameplay (like LFS) there wil also be some problems in these two areas. At the end of the day, most costumers don't play online regularly and don't even know what a mod is, so these problems will stay with us unless we change to another sim, which in turn won't be half as cool for the broadcasts.

Ane Degen had quite a few minidumps tonight with V1.10 of the mod, running Magny Cours National. Only cars running were the Ultima and BMW E92. 4 people online and every one of us had 2 or more minidumps during a 60 minute session.:boohoo:

It seems the file change for the morgan did not solved the problem.

So still we know the morgan is the problem, but we don't have the solution yet, it's enough to have it installed, doesn't matter if you use it or not.

Exactly Günthar, the server works perfect without the Morgan. But please don´t spend more time on it, at least for the upcoming seasson. We have already decided to let the Morgan down... maybe next seasson comes back.

Got 2 minidumps yesterday.

Track : Bahrain.
Car : Corvette.

One minidump at the end of practice and one in Warmup. Both times i was on track driving.
Morgan folder was removed on the server and on my game.

Server was restarted after my minidump in warmup.

Afterwarts the race went fine.
Can't say i have much confident that its solved.
Like i said before my game was rockstable.

Got 2 minidumps yesterday.

Track : Bahrain.
Car : Corvette.

One minidump at the end of practice and one in Warmup. Both times i was on track driving.
Morgan folder was removed on the server and on my game.

Server was restarted after my minidump in warmup.

Afterwarts the race went fine.
Can't say i have much confident that its solved.
Like i said before my game was rockstable.

Yep Tom but the other day I suffered my first Minidump online in a public server with WTCC 07 class...

We had two full test races without the morgan with no minidumps.

I don't know if you are using this but it's possible to launch Race07/Evo in debug mode
you have to go to Race07/Evo properties in Steam, at General tab there is a button Set launch options, you have to put this line there:
Code:
-trace=9
and after a problem in your Documents folder you will find file
Code:
\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\LOG\trace.txt
with more useful information than just minidump

Houston we have a problem! 5 mini dumps in half an hour when we have 4 drivers on track driving 2 virtigos and 2 VWs everyone except me has had a dump so far, no skins installed yet. This is not looking good if the race is next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%