MOD: Minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, we looked at my brother's replay and selected wich cars are coming just after my volontary disconnection, the moment where i can't never rejoin the server.

Those cars are the black RPM Marcos, Lucas Degen's Cupra and the David Garcia's staff car. We joined the STC server today, i took my Saleen and my brother tried each suspect cars. No problem occured.

We tried also to do a server with 24 AI, my brother took the David Garcia's car (the most suspect) and i took again my Saleen, and no problem.

I think it isn't a car related problem, from my point of view it's related to the multislot patch because the problem appear only when we are most of 25 peoples (this what i see on our replay).

Maybe if you can put the same number of car as an STC standard race (with AI) on your server, i can redo one other test to confirm.

here's another idea: The minidumps have been getting worse ever since RaceOn has been on the market. Maybe SimBin is finally overstretching their old old engine a little. Note that also all GTR Evo and Race07 games were patched when Race On came out. Just an idea because I almost never had minidumps in RACE, 07 and Evo and have sufferered four since Race On came out (none related to STC, though, if I remember correctly.

In Gregory Cogottis case it was obvious something else was wrong (also?) since there was massive lagging. Perhaps a bad connection to the server is pushing something inside race07 generating minidumps and not only disconnects..?

I don't know why you see me lagging in this last event. Nothing as changed except a repair from my internet provider on my line a few day before. So have you seen my brother lagging too? Because we are using the same connexion in this moment.

I only followed you on track, didn't see your brother. In practice your car was freezing, sinking into the track etc when no other car was lagging.
Perhaps it was the same with your brother, I just didn't see it.

I doubt the SC is causing problems, but agree with Gregory that maybe is the multislot stuff causing the problems... anyway we can do next race without Safety Car if you prefeer it.

We have done another test this morning with my brother and Gaëtan, we made 3 races on lobby, and no one see me lagging.

This is 2 speed test of my internet connection:

-Without online playing:

-With online playing (me and my brother together)

As you can see, the performance hit is very low.

I'm going to make a clean install of the game and the mod this afternnon.

@FlatOut:

Please feel free to test on our server to see if the problem is the same there. Normally there are people on the server sun-thu nights from around 20-23 CET.
We are connected on STC teamspeak when we are on the servers.

Name: Danielsson Motorsport GH
Pw: reset to the same password as STC race server

/john

Thanks for the access John, had 2 vw and 1 vertigo tonight, instant Mini dumps as we left the pits.

Both Vw Dumped and Vertigo stayed on track

So I hope this proves that it has nothing to do with our server and that possibility can be crossed off the list.

Cheers.

We simply can't practice race at all, getting very frustrating.
So far for ANY of the races this series we have had ZERO race practice time, only hot lapping, as soon as we are on grid and lights change someone suffers a mini dump then the others follow in time.

Even in practice, quali and warm up but especially in race.

Again tonight 4 drivers trying to practice for the upcoming race have now gave up after multiple mini dumps and practice stops !!!
Its poor, very poor !!

Today i discovered something else, certainly not related to my previous problem, but in the doubt.....

Try that:

VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE

1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

In my case steam found that 1 file was broken.

I Have been on flatout server all day with the VW, i had company later in the day...another VW, without any issues then someone else joined with the Vertigo....i was in the pits watching the cars go round on the monitor and when the vertigo past the start/finish line....MINIDUMP.
I rejoined but same again. The Vertigo left and there were 2 vw`s on tracks...no issues, then a couple of hours later Adam came on with the vertigo, we were leaving the pits together and i got another minidump...this happened every time i joined with the vertigo on track......now im not saying its the vertigo thats the problem, we used the bmw and the same happened, the vw gets the minidump so it could be the vw!

This situation has left us in limbo when it comes to practice...we dont get any!!

Hope this info helps as we need a solution and quick...our teams cant compete the way we want too without practice, im sure you would all agree.

Thanks.

Just had a thought, we are all looking for reasons why this is happening, the creators of this mod say try this, try that its not the mod its the server or your PC's or the multi slot or too many mods and add on tracks in files etc etc etc never the mod.
OK are all teams willing to try a race using another mod like for instance DTM or something, leave everything else the way it is and see what happens?
If all goes well then we can stop the wild goose chase and the mod team can concentrate finding the issue within the mod, and if its just the same then the heat would be diverted from the mod and we can continue looking for alternative issues.

Any thoughts ?

Any thoughts ?
yip i mentioned it several weeks ago about the incorrectly named files within the flatout skins but it has not been patched http://www.racedepartment.com/stc-general/29187-mod-minidumps-12.html#post499153

It is also wierd why some have mindumps when approaching some cars on track or leaving the pits i doubt the sound could be cause of this but a lot of the cars have very high bit rate sound files compared to normal but i do not think that would cause minidumps but i could see it testing some systems, as a comparison the bit rates are double in size and when you look at the in-game vertigo on high sound file it is only 773KB compared to the addon sirocco on high which is 2.21MB so it could be causing an overflow somewhere

sratch the sound files idea, checked some more standard ones and they also have a high bit rate like the addons :frown:

Made a little pack with the correct named cars. Have no hope what so ever this would solve anything. If names would be an issue i would expect it to crash soon as the car is loaded and not when its vissible. For me there is clearly an graphical issue. But i am willing to try. Has to be the last try though.

Trying out this problem is easy, Xosé / David get on track with the vertigo / VW and experience the minidumps yourself. It took me 10min to experience 2 minidumps when the cars come close to eachother.

Like Adam says we have spend loads of time trying out stuff, Reinstalling the server / creating lowres skin / testing on other server and so on it has to got to finish somewhere.
This just can't go on. What if the server runs fine next time ? All fine then, i wouldn't say so. This season for us is a disaster.

Thx for the suggestions everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play