MOD: Minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
yip i mentioned it several weeks ago about the incorrectly named files within the flatout skins but it has not been patched http://www.racedepartment.com/stc-general/29187-mod-minidumps-12.html#post499153

It is also wierd why some have mindumps when approaching some cars on track or leaving the pits i doubt the sound could be cause of this but a lot of the cars have very high bit rate sound files compared to normal but i do not think that would cause minidumps but i could see it testing some systems, as a comparison the bit rates are double in size and when you look at the in-game vertigo on high sound file it is only 773KB compared to the addon sirocco on high which is 2.21MB so it could be causing an overflow somewhere

sratch the sound files idea, checked some more standard ones and they also have a high bit rate like the addons :frown:

Just had a quick check and it looks like most of the cars have files with a sampling rate of 44 and 22 kHz. But some cars just have 44 KHz, even for the low res files. Scirocco is one of them as well as the Gillet. The ultima seems to have 44 and 48 KHz.

It isn't possible to disable the sound of the cars, and redo the same test as the one you got your minidump? I think like this you can see if is a sound problem or not.
you can switch the sounds in a couple of seconds by replacing the cars aud file with that of another car so it then points to different wav files so it should be no problem for anyone to test that.

I would belive that this problem has to do with the Texture files or the TGA or the DDS files because there most be something that is glitchy and couses this problem. I would highly recommend that those who made this mod took a looks at all the files because there might be a letter or a number that is wrong for a few cars and couses this Minidump. I rimember once as I was a beta tester for an other mod that the one making the texture files axidently wrote something wrong and the cars wheels where 2 meters above the car and when ever we try to get it on track the game had minidumps. (I would recommend asking Gunther Rowe to take a look at the mod as he is the best man on making mods for the RACE series)

(This is just a theory but the chanses that I am correct are very little)

Well here we are again.

New install of steam/game and only STC mod installed. Nothing else. Tried the Scirrocco on the STC server and got 2 minidumps. Ken Bell got 2 also in the scirrocco (He got 5 in total this evening). 3th time i joined it looked ok. I Joined before in the Vertigo and that seemed ok also . I still think its the scirrocco that is faulty.

Nice to know we still have them (not).
Can we at least try to bring a patch out with the Flatout cars named correctly ? Not 100% sure but it seemed better when we tried in on our server.
Not for tomorrows race of course but the next one. Its better then doing nothing at all.
I am done with testing myself.

Well here we are again.

New install of steam/game and only STC mod installed. Nothing else. Tried the Scirrocco on the STC server and got 2 minidumps. Ken Bell got 2 also in the scirrocco (He got 5 in total this evening). 3th time i joined it looked ok. I Joined before in the Vertigo and that seemed ok also . I still think its the scirrocco that is faulty.

Nice to know we still have them (not).
Can we at least try to bring a patch out with the Flatout cars named correctly ? Not 100% sure but it seemed better when we tried in on our server.
Not for tomorrows race of course but the next one. Its better then doing nothing at all.
I am done with testing myself.

Do you have the files corrected?

I don't think will be a big patch, maybe we can do it for this race.

Cya!.

Do you have the files corrected?

I don't think will be a big patch, maybe we can do it for this race.

Cya!.
Thx Xosé,
Here you can download the patch : http://www.filefront.com/16376873/Flatout cars.rar
(have to delete the old cars manually)
I have renamed (put v2 at the end) so its clear someone is using the new one.

But tbh releasing it on raceday can give mayhem. Everyone has to install it, and guys be able to make it only just before the race will have a problem. Also it gives the TS headaches to get their guys informed.

I did noticed though if someone hasn't installed it he sees a chevy instead.

With these modified tracks the AI isn't always up to date in every corner no, but for the most part of the track they are pretty competitive (as long as you don't come to close, else it turns into Aggressive Idiots) I'll have an offline race running in the background with only Vertigo's & VW's. I'll post the results asap.

Tried a few runs and no dumps, but it's clear that the AI doesn't seem to like the VDub: The filter set to Vertigo & VW and 24 opponents, but no VW on the grid besides me... I retried 3 times in total but no AI in the VW.... anyone else?

I have to add I wasn't actually driving, just standing by the side as I haven't got my wheel with me now, but they passed a few times without issues (I wish I could say without contact :rolleyes:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back