Resource icon

Cars McLaren M23 and M23-5 by OMV 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
am wanting the same thing right now :thumbsup: no idea how to fix it
Do you use Content Manager? If not, you should! ;)

Anyway, if you do use Content Manager you can go into the Content > Cars section and you can easily fix ANY car's broken sounds by copying the working sounds from another car to the car that's broken. So, you wouldn't have brand new working McLaren M23 & M23/5 sounds...you'd have to copy the sounds of another car that has a similar engine/gearbox and whatever else is important to you. But you can fix it in about 3 seconds. I don't like to do that until it's a last resort. I may be forced to since I don't think this is going to get fixed.

Fixed this car with the content manager, you can alias the Lotus 72 sounds. Both this and the Lotus used a Cosworth DFV, so it should be somewhat accurate. Before an official update gets released this is a good fix.

Fixed this car with the content manager, you can alias the Lotus 72 sounds. Both this and the Lotus used a Cosworth DFV, so it should be somewhat accurate. Before an official update gets released this is a good fix.
Does it take the full version of content manager or just lite to complete the sound fx switch? I'm not sure I need the other features of content manager.

Hi, I admit I'm old (drawing my pension), I admit I know nothing about computers, so can somebody please explain to me in simple English the correct method to install this mod. I loved this car when it first appeared in F1 and would dearly love to drive it even if only in the virtual world. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Hi, I admit I'm old (drawing my pension), I admit I know nothing about computers, so can somebody please explain to me in simple English the correct method to install this mod. I loved this car when it first appeared in F1 and would dearly love to drive it even if only in the virtual world. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Hi, I hope I can help you on this one.

1.) Now that you downloaded the file which should end with the word .zip
Open it (usually will open with WinRAR and hopefully you have it. Look for the icon "Extract To" or Extract in general and just click ok

2.) A folder file should be created having the same name with the .zip file you downloaded.
When you click on it, it will show a sub-folder named "content"

3.) Here is the important part.
Click on Start or simply the Windows button of your keyboard.
On the bottom left, where you can type on the search bar (the one with the icon of a magnifying glass)
Search by typing "Assetto Corsa" or "Assetto" or simply "Ass".

4.) This will show Assetto Corsa under Programs. DO NOT CLICK IT. Instead, point your cursor to Assetto Corsa and press right-click on your mouse.
There will be a list of many commands and click on the 3rd action "Open file location"

5.) Having done this will lead you to the root folder of Assetto Corsa.
It contains many sub-folders including 'content'

6.) Remember the folder 'content' from step 2? You will insert this to the 'content' of Step 5.
On the content folder of Step 5, go to the cars sub-folder. You should see a lot of folders with names of the cars present in the game. Open also the cars sub-folder of Step 2 which should have 2 folder files 'mclaren_m23' and 'mclaren_m23-5'

7.) What you do is move these 2 folder files into the cars sub-folder (Hopefully you know how to copy/cut and paste)
If this works, the 2 folder files 'mclaren_m23' and 'mclaren_m23-5' should now be on the cars folder joining the other cars already present in the game.

8.) Try to do the same on the 'driver' folder, moving the driver_73.kn5 to the 'driver' folder of the main game.
The driver folder of the game is also located in the content (actually just below the car sub-folder).
You'll see that there are many driver_.kn5 files there. Just put your driver_73.kn5 together with those already existing driver.kn5 files.

That should be it. Try opening the game and see whether the Mclaren M23 is now available.
If it doesen't work, feel free to message me. I hope you can enjoy this game, the mods are the best part of Assetto Corsa:)

Woah, you're saying you were able to watch James Hunt compete in F1. That's cool, I was just a kid when Schumacher was dominating in Ferrari and have only watched less than 5 races or so.

Hi, I hope I can help you on this one.

1.) Now that you downloaded the file which should end with the word .zip
Open it (usually will open with WinRAR and hopefully you have it. Look for the icon "Extract To" or Extract in general and just click ok

2.) A folder file should be created having the same name with the .zip file you downloaded.
When you click on it, it will show a sub-folder named "content"

3.) Here is the important part.
Click on Start or simply the Windows button of your keyboard.
On the bottom left, where you can type on the search bar (the one with the icon of a magnifying glass)
Search by typing "Assetto Corsa" or "Assetto" or simply "Ass".

4.) This will show Assetto Corsa under Programs. DO NOT CLICK IT. Instead, point your cursor to Assetto Corsa and press right-click on your mouse.
There will be a list of many commands and click on the 3rd action "Open file location"

5.) Having done this will lead you to the root folder of Assetto Corsa.
It contains many sub-folders including 'content'

6.) Remember the folder 'content' from step 2? You will insert this to the 'content' of Step 5.
On the content folder of Step 5, go to the cars sub-folder. You should see a lot of folders with names of the cars present in the game. Open also the cars sub-folder of Step 2 which should have 2 folder files 'mclaren_m23' and 'mclaren_m23-5'

7.) What you do is move these 2 folder files into the cars sub-folder (Hopefully you know how to copy/cut and paste)
If this works, the 2 folder files 'mclaren_m23' and 'mclaren_m23-5' should now be on the cars folder joining the other cars already present in the game.

8.) Try to do the same on the 'driver' folder, moving the driver_73.kn5 to the 'driver' folder of the main game.
The driver folder of the game is also located in the content (actually just below the car sub-folder).
You'll see that there are many driver_.kn5 files there. Just put your driver_73.kn5 together with those already existing driver.kn5 files.

That should be it. Try opening the game and see whether the Mclaren M23 is now available.
If it doesen't work, feel free to message me. I hope you can enjoy this game, the mods are the best part of Assetto Corsa:)

Woah, you're saying you were able to watch James Hunt compete in F1. That's cool, I was just a kid when Schumacher was dominating in Ferrari and have only watched less than 5 races or so.
I followed Hunt throughout his career. I got to know him whilst racing against him and Lauda in Formula 3, I even beat him a few times though only after he'd crashed out which her did a lot of back then lol. The first Grand Prix I attended was the 1957 British Grand Prix at Aintree. I was young but I won't admit how old I am. Racing in the 50s and 60s was so much more fun than nowadays without the preasure of cooperate sponsorship

I followed Hunt throughout his career. I got to know him whilst racing against him and Lauda in Formula 3, I even beat him a few times though only after he'd crashed out which her did a lot of back then lol. The first Grand Prix I attended was the 1957 British Grand Prix at Aintree. I was young but I won't admit how old I am. Racing in the 50s and 60s was so much more fun than nowadays without the preasure of cooperate sponsorship
Thanks for the assist it works a treat now. I replaced the sound with the Lotus 72D as there was no external sound, that works fine now also. Thanks again

Thanks for the assist it works a treat now. I replaced the sound with the Lotus 72D as there was no external sound, that works fine now also. Thanks again

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mclaren-m23-m23-5-sound-mod.24660/
Try this one, it´s a sound update for the original car. I don´t usually mind if there is no external sound since I often use the cockpit view.

You were a racer once? The closest thing to racing I got was going to kart tracks a few years back

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back