Max Verstappen

i think its to soon for him,, but he races very good. sometimes little to agressive just like his dad.
kimi made a big step too when he joined f1,so it can be done.
and winning masters this year was little easier with only 8 cars, but he is a great talent
It is not to soon. If you are old enough to graduate and get a job then ok. Driving a F1 car is a Job. In the erly days of F1 drivers and champions where older but they are getting younger. As we see many drivers retiring from F1 when they are middle aged. And any athelete is best when they are young. As the body ages it can have problems. I am shure ex drivers will tell you of back problems loss of hearing and other problems that come from racing whitch starts early for most. And flying around the wold is not healthy for raising a child and being a family person. If you invest money properly you can go into buisness inside or outside F1. Maybee another form of racing more close to home.

I remember being rather skeptical about Verstappen's promotion to Red Bull in 2016. Kvyat had just come off a 2015 where he shaded Ricciardo in the WDC standings, who in turn had just bested Vettel in 2014. Yet one silly accident at his home grand prix got Kvyat demoted and he was never the same driver after that. Of course, Verstappen won his first race in the Red Bull seat and no one ever questioned the decision again.

That was pretty annoying to see as an Australian fan, as it was clear at that point that time was against Ricciardo to do something whilst he was still the number 1 driver, before he inevitably got surpassed by the younger and more marketable hotshot. That ended up happening in 2018, though I think it speaks volumes of how good Ricciardo's prime was, that no-one Red Bull has put in the number 2 seat has come close to Verstappen since.

Yes! I shared this part of the interview with friends as well, to 'persuade' them to get into SimRacing :laugh:

I remember watching Max participate in the 24-Hours of Spa with Team Redline (of course), shortly after his crash at Silverstone. It was a good way for him to test how ready/prepared he was for the next F1 race... reflexes, coordination, long sittings. I thought it was a positive way to showcase SimRacing... as a discipline and not just "a videogame". Motosport.com made an article about it as well (see below). I'm really happy to see how Max, Lando, George, Alex and Charles-Banana put our "little hobby" out there in the limelight. It is SimRacing's coming of age. :coffee:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-sim-racing-assurance-51g-shunt/6644019/?fbclid=IwAR3YXgmcMrYsW75tXIP089_b4t7cIaePZpaIHwMuYlgy85miIbnmmCsAyl8

Last edited:
Max Verstappen's Sim Rig
Sim Rig.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back