Max Verstappen

After seeing this video, I saw an article where Max said his driving style most emulates Alonso's.

You sure about that kid?

I'd go more along the lines of Kobayashi, as he was the last driver I remember binning a car on a show event.

He said that previously. But now i'm thinking what is worse, to make such statement before or after this event :)

The curious case of Verstappen :whistling:

You won't find Vettel not being able to make donut or Schumacher or Alonso, Hamilton, not to mention now all of them. You just might find Mazzagane, that famous Minardi driver back in 2000. People didn't said in vain "everything in time".

It wont be a miracle if driving a straight line steers in panic into the side walls and crashes upon seeing Vettel Alonso Hamilton or Kimi in the mirrors.

Kobayashi
Maldonado (HAHA)
Heidfeld

I am by no means a Verstappen fan, always been a fan of all things Finnish in F1, but I think we should wait till next year before judging someone based on a video. He has given multiple demo's on VKV and they were really good.

Last edited:
Completed 400km @ Adria circuit today with a 2012 car without problems and impressing his team. Most likely he will do FP1 at Suzuka for the first time, I think that would be a much better place to judge him then on some street course in which he knocked off a wing.

Don't be surprised if he will be right up pace with Kvyat, that would be something isn't it.:p

It's so weird not being able to control a car on a show then rush through the circuit without errors etc. Its seems like, its harder to pull on a event and drift or something, than push the car in laptimes. How fast was he there is no one to be compared to but now they will do anything to make him ready. He is so lucky.

No I think RBR is lucky but time will tell.:D

I just don't understand why people keep on going about that demo,.. just a soft kiss with the wall that knocked of his wing.... but everyone is acting like he had an life ending crash or something.:rolleyes:

Even the best drivers of this planet at some point have written off a car.:sneaky:

I

The biggest problem is not his age, but his lack of experience in other classes. If he won on a early age a F3 championship and the year after the GP2 championship nobody would talk about his age. I have my doubts but only time will tell if STR made the right decision.

Well Chris, anything to say now? In his first FP just 0.4 sec behind Kvyat in 12th position.

This is a big finger to all drivers etc who said you can't be fast if you suddenly have to get in an F1 car these days, because testing the actual car is not allowed..

Well Chris, anything to say now? In his first FP just 0.4 sec behind Kvyat in 12th position.

This is a big finger to all drivers etc who said you can't be fast if you suddenly have to get in an F1 car these days, because testing the actual car is not allowed..

Proves a lot of people's theory that the new F1 cars are too easy to drive.
Fair play to him, but it's still a crazy decision in my mind.
I'd be interested to know fuel loads.

Proves a lot of people's theory that the new F1 cars are too easy to drive.
Fair play to him, but it's still a crazy decision in my mind.
I'd be interested to know fuel loads.

There's no evidence thus far in his racing career that suggests he should be struggling, so why are you hoping so desperately that he does?

Kimi had a similar amount of races, if not less, before his first F1 race, and he scored a point in his first race. So the experience thing is overrated in my opinion.

Regarding the age thing, if you're fast enough, you're old enough. And he seems more than fast enough.

Verstappen Helmet on Japan FP1

Attachments

• tr143.jpg
    tr143.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 273
@Jimlaad43 according to the link you posted, Max Verstappen is no better, let's say best of that group, Heidfeld. Therefore i don't understand giving a F1 seat to a 17th year old guy. But i do understand STR wanna try something new which many think its, stupid.

Like @Chris Jenkins said, me too would be interested to see the fuel load on his car :) if possible. If i had to say what i think, it would be logical that he is put with easy car to get to know it better, therefore (guessing) not so much fuel in his tank.

*V.Bottas was doing these times regular in his beginnings.

PS. Asked about the s.wheel and all of those buttons he had to handle per lap, he just replied "Playstation help me get used to it"
I started to believe now that if i might enter in F1 i could be a Champion :O_o:

F1 cars just MUST be made, faster, more G's, more vibrating and more dangerous (in a way)

I definitely want to see F1 driver in car against other class of drivers just to see who sits where

Last edited:

This race shows all you need to know about Verstappen. Only his 5th car race weekend, and he drove like he's been doing it for a decade. Those overtakes are ballsy, or as the commentator mentioned, "testicularly enhanced".

One to follow for sure.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back