Max Verstappen

For those that are not really fimilair with this guy. Try to find me a F1 driver with such a record :p
Champion - Belgian championship Karting, Mini class
Champion - Belgian championship Karting, Mini class
Champion - Belgian Rotax Max Challenge, Mini Max class
Champion - Dutch championship, Rotax Mini Max class

Champion - Benelux Karting Series, Mini Max class
Champion - Belgian Karting championship, Cadet class

Champion - Benelux Karting Series, Mini Max class
Champion - Belgian Karting championship, KF5 class

2nd - Winter Cup, KF3
Champion - WSK Euro Series, KF3
Champion - WSK World Series, KF3
5th - CIK-FIA European Championship, KF3
2nd - CIK-FIA World Cup, KF3
Winner - Bridgestone-Cup Final, KF3
Winner - WSK Nations Cup, KF3
2nd - Winter Cup, KF3
3th -1st round WSK Master Series, KF3
Champion - WSK Euro Series, KF3
14th - CIK-FIA European Championship, KF3
DNF - CIK-FIA World Cup, KF3
Winner - Winter Cup, KF2
Champion - WSK Master Series, KF2
Winner - 1e round BNL Karting Series, KZ2
6th - WSK Euro Series, KF2
10th - CIK-FIA European Championship, KF2
8th - CIK-FIA World Karting Championship, KF1
DNF - 4th round Deutsche Kart Meisterschaft, DSKM/KZ2
DNF - CIK-FIA World Cup, KZ2
2nd - CIK-FIA World Cup, KF2
DNF - Superkarts! USA Supernationals, KZ2

Winner – Winter Cup, KF2
Champion – WSK Master Series, KZ2
Champion – WSK Euro Series, KZ1
2nd – Rotax Max Euro Challenge, Senior
Champion – CIK-FIA European Championship, KZ
Champion – CIK-FIA European Championship, KF
Champion – CIK-FIA World Championship, KZ
3th – CIK-FIA World Championship, KF

2 wins - Florida winter series (Ferrari invitation) 2 race wins + 3 more podiums
8 wins - F3 Euro Series 8 wins currently 2nd in championship standings
winner - Zandvoort Masters (former Malboro Masters)

So, as the title said, the french driver Jean-Eric Vergne will be replace by Max Verstappen next year in Toro Rosso, what do you think of that ?

IMO, I think it's too early to put him in a F1, seriously he is making is first year ever in a Open-Wheel championship this year (if we don't count karting years), and he is just 17yo, it's ridiculous ! Mainly when you know that Carlos Sainz jr wait for 2014 and 2015 seat and he had to wait again. I hope Vergne will have a seat for 2015 because he deserve it !

(Sorry for my bad english)

JEV Fan?:p I actually dont think it is to early, time will tell though but many people is judging this book by its cover. I have seen this kid doing stuff in F3 that made me understand why they made this move. Daniil Kvyat should be worried for next year. :D

If Vettel is set to leave RBR in the next 3 years then i think either Kvyat or Max will follow him up. Time will tell.;)

JEV Fan?:p I actually dont think it is to early, time will tell though but many people is judging this book by its cover. I have seen this kid doing stuff in F3 that made me understand why they made this move. Daniil Kvyat should be worried for next year. :D

If Vettel is set to leave RBR in the next 3 years then i think either Kvyat or Max will follow him up. Time will tell.;)

I'm french so yes :D
I just think that other drivers with talents and more training deserve this place more that Verstappen ! But who knows, maybe he's gonna be a big revelation, wait and see :)

I think the problem in Toro Rosso is the lifespan of a talent or driver, you can stay 2-3 years and then you have to move up. But if there is no space in the main team RBR then you have a big problem. This same can happen to Max or Kvyat to. What if Vettel stays for another 5 years in RBR and never leave? And thats the problem for all those other talents that have been in this team as well, they wont keep their drivers for more then 3 years in Toro because they want to give more talents a chance. You have to be there on the right time and be Lucky..... see Riciardo.;)

I read they say "if you are good enough you are old enough" but yet guys, he is just 17.

However, before i say something harsh id like to remember myself and you guys that in 1980 when the cars were far more brutal vibrating more, having more horse powers, safety was much worse than now, you had 18y old racing so why you won't have 17y old racing today in these cars? It is possible.

Before the season started we said the same about Kvyat and he is beating Vergne.

I'd rather sit & wait to see this kid. I have never watched him race nor i know anything about his talent. I read these past few days the comments made by H.Marko saying on a occasion in some race during rain that Max was around 2 second faster than everyone else. If thats the case he must be good...kid.

Anyway, i am concern about the picture of Formula1 and the message this "17 years" send to the media and the people who are not that big fans of F1.

Now this would be out of the subject but about F1 i would like from 2014 onwards to see F1 drivers beeing involved in all kind of racing events with other drivers from around the world like it was done in the past when Senna raced Rally on event. I want them to go out and beat anything, and thats the way F1 image can be bettered.

Max can have 17, i had 17 when i started the car for the first time but right away i was more free to explore its speed than the friend who had it for years before me. So like Alonso said it might be true that years are only number in the passport.

I am very happy with this video. Not that i am happy to see people ashamed, its totally the other way around. But i am happy to see the faces of those who said "F1 is Sony Playstation these days" after watching this video, IN WHICH, kart champion of many titles and F3 leader or champion i am not familiar, who is the one of the references for entering F1, couldn't make donuts, no matter they look so easy to do. He couldn't turn the car like he should have which its thought - kid could do it. This video shows nothing else but the complexity of an F1 car. The power, and the sense you need to poses.

This is kind a victory for F1, although ITS SO SO SO early to say that, he will master his craft and come back i am sure of it. But, F1 is not a playstation! It requires hard work!

Third time he drove a F1 car, these things happen. On youtube you will find quite a few videos of way more experienced drivers crashing on demo's, might I add a lot heavier than this.

Third time he drove a F1 car, these things happen. On youtube you will find quite a few videos of way more experienced drivers crashing on demo's, might I add a lot heavier than this.

You won't find Vettel not being able to make donut or Schumacher or Alonso, Hamilton, not to mention now all of them. You just might find Mazzagane, that famous Minardi driver back in 2000. People didn't said in vain "everything in time".

It wont be a miracle if driving a straight line steers in panic into the side walls and crashes upon seeing Vettel Alonso Hamilton or Kimi in the mirrors.

After seeing this video, I saw an article where Max said his driving style most emulates Alonso's.

You sure about that kid?

I'd go more along the lines of Kobayashi, as he was the last driver I remember binning a car on a show event.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%