Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2)

Cars Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
The book I'm after is called "Lola T70: The Racing History & Individual Chassis Record" by John Starkey. I used bits of it for the original physics, but I was relying on the free preview at Amazon for that. Hoping there will be some things in the full book that I missed. :)

Oh, I've got that one. Sadly, the free preview had all the useful physics info and there isn't any more.

aphidgod updated Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) with a new update entry:

The '20s be roarin' now.

Time marches on and enough small changes have finally added up to a pretty major update to these things. The cars haven't really changed, but we keep learning more about the game engine and this version brings both cars up to speed with all of the little things we're doing in 2021.

I've also taken the opportunity to prefix the folders with "ag_". This does mean that all of your old times and records will be lost (apologies) but as the car is substantially different now (tires = big change)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If you mean the download from RD, it's working here... probably some issue somewhere in the pipes between you and RD.

If you mean the cars aren't showing up in game, there are two car folders inside the main folder - doublecheck to make sure you have everything where it needs to be.

If you mean the download from RD, it's working here... probably some issue somewhere in the pipes between you and RD.
Yep, I meant the download from RD. Thankfully, its all good now...

Obviously, just me... :(

I came back... Just to say, I hope and pray for the rF2 car to be updated with this revised body... some day.

Last edited:
These are by far the best feeling Vintage Tyres I have experienced- All other Cars with similar Tyres (especially Kunos ones) feel different somehow... I can't quite put my finger on it, and I obviously have never driven anything similar for real, but this is how I imagine it should be! Would it be hard to give for example, the 908 Longtail a similar Tyre Set?
Just a question, it's not one of those *I WANT MORE!* demands , but after a few Laps with the Lola, everything else just lacks something!

However, If I'm completely honest: I want you to equip each and every Vintage Car with your Tyre Model! ;)

I feel exactly the same. I tested the new tyres prior to release and joked with aphidgod that you could 'feel the rubber', but it's true.

It's like you can feel the tyres lose and regain grip, now. A dab on the brakes and it's like you can feel the frontl tyres being pushed into the tarmac. Oversteer is much more controllable now, too, as you can back off slightly and sense when the rear tyres start to grip again. Lose of grip at either end feels much more natural.

The whole car just feels more... organic now - I don't know how else to describe it. I'm just sad that most of the other vintage cars that I enjoy driving don't have such good tyres.

Aphidgod, with this T70 you have spoiled us - thank you!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.