F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

What the heck? How is this related to slip streaming? First I heard about that.....
Game is reading that you are braking really really slighty, but it's removing slipstream effect.

I've just got my brand new G27. I was little bit scared after this thread, but no problems so far
I'm on PC, everything (except breaking dead zone) to 0%, in profiler I set Overall Effects to 107%, Spring and Damper to 0%, enable centering spring YES, but 0%. FFB settings alre 60-90-90. Wheel don't match in-game wheel, but for me that's good. Steering Linearity around 10% would be OK too.

Greetings, I have a problem with my new steering wheel is that with the passage of decentring goes around.
Is this normal? Is it a failure of the wheel? the wrong is in pc , ps3 with f1 2011

Hello!! i'm having an issue with my G27 + PC:

I'm using the Mark Schilling's Setup (A Good one BTW)

But my problem is that when i'm playing sometimes my wheel suddenly shakes to the left or to the right (Totally random i guess), and i dont feel the curbs or grass or when i'm off road, just the heaviness of the wheel.

But when i play in windowed mode, (Like Brn said), the wheel works like a charm; i feel the curbs, grass and when i'm of road and i don't have that random shakes.

My question is, why is that happening? is there something i can do as i don't want to play in windowed mode. Thanks

Couple of questions
1 Are you running the Profiler to keep your settings and start your game from it ?
2 Have you got reasonable settings in both the profiler and Game
3 What Race Sim?

4 Having everything at 0% dead zone will not necessarily be good ( depends on the car and track sometimes)
In profiler set Overall Effects to 115% Global , Spring 50 % and Damper to 150%, enable centering spring YES, but 50%. Deg rot 900.

Whats this FFB settings are 60-90-90. ?

Why you even have the wheel in game showing I don't understand but it is a personal preference.

environment 60%
force strength 90%
weight 90%

Spring and Damper effects are needless I think, same with centering spring (game already have those effects and centering...) Overall 107% is best for racing games, I read somewhere about this.

In game I increased Steering Linearity to 18% and now wheel is matching in-game wheel perfectly.

This wheel is fantastic... I forgot what brake lock up or spin is :)

I just switched over from F1 2011 on PS3 to the PC version. One thing that I notice is that there is a bit of lag during shifting. As a result, I'm shifting in the limiter a lot of times, and this was an immediately noticeable issue coming from the PS3 version. Is this common? Thanks.

These are the best settings for G27.

Profiler..
rotation 315
strength 107%
all other settings 0 and centering spring unchecked.

(the 107% strength setting was found be an iRacing member to be the perfect setting to reduce the light feeling at the center in logitech wheels. Any higher and you get unwanted oscillation, any lower and you get lightness at the center.)

(download this file to fix awful vibration error on wheel.. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5708
And place it in the forcefeedback directory in the game install directory.)

Ingame..
environment 20%
force strength 80% (higher and you loose fidelity)
weight 30%

set controller type to g27 and leave all advanced controls like linearity and saturation as they are at 0
If you need to remap the dpad controls from the shifter to the remaining red buttons on the wheel it will set profile to custom, so then you need to put override type to steering wheel.

(setting linearity and saturation to anything higher than 0 will ruin setup. They are more designed for pads or if you can't change wheel rotation. All wheels should be setup to be linear, and 0 gives linearity in f1 2011.)

To prevent lockup of brakes, set brake balance in car to 52% forward.
After doing extensive testing I find these to be the perfect settings.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for this. My g27 always lost ffb in turns and corners and it felt like driving on ice. But with this setup ffb is working now in corners and doesn´t feel loose anymore.

G27 Centering issues

yep, it's hardware problem
but very easy to fix

My first G27 had the exact same problem. Sent it back and my new one is good so far. Anyway, here is the thread on the logitech forums with the description of the problem and the fix:
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/G27-wheel-wont-stay-in-allignment/td-p/406468

If you are still under warranty I'd RMA it for two reasons. 1) New wheel that might not show the same problem. 2) Remind logitech through their pocketbook that this still needs to be fixed.

is there anyway to remove the deadzone in the steering? I'd like it to start turning the car as soon as i start turning the wheel. I've tried pretty much every setup ive seen in this thread and nothing has fixed it.

Has anyone been able to solve the issue of the wheel kicking to the left during gameplay? Mine just started this today, and I'd had no problems with it at all previously. The wheel will be totally weightless for several seconds, then the FFB will kick in and yank the car off the road. Only solution I've found is to turn FFB off, but then you can't feel anything. I'm using the Steam version of the game. Will probably try to redownload it later tonight.

k getting closer

profiler
315 degrees (1:1!!!)
100 overall effects
75 spring
75 damper
100 centering spring (not a fan of auto center but its helping)

In-game
0 for everything

FFB

Feels great but still not quite it, will stick to this for now and try and learn the new handling. If anyone finds a better set-up please post it here!

Edit
BTW I run no assists (expert mode) for my setup and haven't even started trying out car setups yet.
For now, only very small changes through.
in-game use 10 - 100 - 40

Thanks

These are the best settings for G27.

Profiler..
rotation 315
strength 107%
all other settings 0 and centering spring unchecked.

(the 107% strength setting was found be an iRacing member to be the perfect setting to reduce the light feeling at the center in logitech wheels. Any higher and you get unwanted oscillation, any lower and you get lightness at the center.)

(download this file to fix awful vibration error on wheel.. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5708
And place it in the forcefeedback directory in the game install directory.)

Ingame..
environment 20%
force strength 80% (higher and you loose fidelity)
weight 30%

set controller type to g27 and leave all advanced controls like linearity and saturation as they are at 0
If you need to remap the dpad controls from the shifter to the remaining red buttons on the wheel it will set profile to custom, so then you need to put override type to steering wheel.

(setting linearity and saturation to anything higher than 0 will ruin setup. They are more designed for pads or if you can't change wheel rotation. All wheels should be setup to be linear, and 0 gives linearity in f1 2011.)

To prevent lockup of brakes, set brake balance in car to 52% forward.
After doing extensive testing I find these to be the perfect settings.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I have tried this settings, however in-game there is a BIG center deadzone. Help please?

Logi35.jpg

That is my logitech profile.

Also, even tho the rotation is 315, my wheel just stops at about 200 degrees (just like it was in F1 2010 when my profiler was 200), turn it more and it does nothing in game (it reaches the maximum in-game left/right at about 100 degrees per side).

This is the problem i have, i solve it by playing the game in windowed mode. The wheel will work like a charm but i don't want to play in windowed mode.

yeah same for me, works if im in windows mode, but thats rediculous, cant play like this. can you shed anymore light on this subject?

Explanation
its like the centreing spring dissapears, and i get dead spots, if i do a left to right motion fairly fast and let go of the wheel it will carry on doing the exact same thing untill the car crashes or untill i grab it and stop it, thus getting a dead light spot. its really annoying me.
Another thing i just noticed whilst in game with full screen [not windows mode] i cant get it to do it whilst the throttle is fully applied this is bloody strange
HELP

Beadleboy

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes