F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

I want to map the start button onto my G27 wheel, not the shifter, but can't seem to find what it's called
in the key binding settings page, so i don't have to keep setting up my wheel on each game start.
Any ideas, Cheers.

You should be able to do this in the actionmap.xml file for your g27. I do not know what to change though without looking at it. just google "edit actionmap.xml" and you should find something to help you. You could also try searching these forums as well if the search feature is working.

I don't think you can do it from ingame however. out of curiosity do you not have your shifter plugged in or set up? for me it's easy enough to just hit the button on my shifter and get into the game, but that is apparently not the case for you?

Setting G27

this file under most settings, can feel every vibration, grass, gravel etc.

but neither will be no vibration in a straight line

sorry for my english

[url]http://www.partage-facile.com/7H8C8UABR6/effectsetup.xml.html

Logitech setting
Overall Effects Strength = 110%
Spring Effect Strength = 0%
Damper Effect Strength = 0%
Enable Center Spring = 0%
Center Spring Strength = 0%
Report Combined Pedals = Unchecked
Degree of Rotation = 270
Allow Game to Adjust Settings = no

In game Advanced setting
All 0% except

In game Force Feedback
Env Effect = 40
Force Feedback Strength = 100
Wheel Weight = 50
[/URL]

this file under most settings, can feel every vibration, grass, gravel etc.

but neither will be no vibration in a straight line

sorry for my english

http://www.partage-facile.com/7H8C8U...setup.xml.html

Logitech setting
Overall Effects Strength = 110%
Spring Effect Strength = 0%
Damper Effect Strength = 0%
Enable Center Spring = 0%
Center Spring Strength = 0%
Report Combined Pedals = Unchecked
Degree of Rotation = 270
Allow Game to Adjust Settings = no

In game Advanced setting
All 0% except

In game Force Feedback
Env Effect = 40
Force Feedback Strength = 100
Wheel Weight = 50

switch settings logitech to 115 - 120 have no hesitation in the center of the steering wheel

I'm also testing different setups on PS3. I have now everything to 0% only steering linearity to 35%.

My FFB setiing is:
enviromantal 20%
strenght 80%
wheel weight 50%

It's feeling better, but i think everything can be a lot better. Please let me know if you find a good setup. GRTZ.

Is it possible to make a topic special for PS3 g27 settings? thanks.

It works for me. Thank you!!

I've just got and played my F1 2011 (PS3 + G27). Pretty hard to stay in the lane. I tried the same configuration from F1 2010: quite a mess. At this moment I'm using G27's default configuration (few changes in the butttons) and trying to get used to it. However I feel like the others... it could be much better!

By the way, I see some guys complaining about FFB in the corners. I also felt that. However, I was wondering if this is the default behaviour for a F1 car... I mean, isn't that a "hint" just before the (under)oversteering? I'm avoiding (at least trying to) this by being less agressive in the throttle. How're you doing mates?

[]'s,

Michel Vasconcelos

PS3 G27 Settings

This is just a thread for the console gamers who don't have the ability to use the profiler to post setups that they have found successful.

STEERING DEADZONE: 0%
STEERING SATURATION: 40%
STEERING LINEARITY: 25%
THROTTLE DEADZONE: 0%
THROTTLE SATURATION: 0%
BRAKE DEADZONE: 0%
BRAKE SATURATION 0%
ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS: 20%
FEEDBACK STRENGTH: 80%
WHEEL WEIGHT: 100%

I'm interested to see what some other setups are.

Interesting post Alex. Here are mine settings, very different from yours:

STEERING DEADZONE: 3% (mimicing the real car wheel)
STEERING sATURATION: 50%
STEERING LINEARITY: 70%
THROTLE DEAZONE: 0%
THROTLE SATURATION: 30%
BRAKE DEADZONE: 2% (this was at 0% until i read about slipstream glitch)
BRAKE SATURATION: 25%
FFB: On
ENVIROMENTAL: 50%
STRENGTH: 20%
WEIGHT: 70%

Now, regarding last 3 lines, they were way up on the slider, similary to yours, but, on this forum i found a very interesting post regarding settings of FFB, can´t find it for dear life now :frown:. After i read it i decided to try it out, and there is an improvment to overall feeling in the wheel.
Finaly note, i dont think there is right or wrong setting here... just go for what feels best :cool:

I'm trying out your settings right now. There is a huge difference in turn in strength. I haven't touched the throttle or brake settings aside from the brake saturation. I'm making little tweaks but it feels much better than my previous set up.

Cool. I´ve spend some more time looking for that post and i just can´t locate it. However i´ll write down short info to best of my memory.

Basicaly when we set up our FFB strength we generaly go for 100% that way we feel most feedback. How wrong this is depends on the wheel, different brands have different limitations. In G27 case the wheel it self is weeker then others so having settings way up causes clippings and all other undesirable effects. In order to prevent that and actualy gain more of the effects the strength and other 2 settings had to be lowered.
Personaly im pretty happy with 20% strength, but will play around with enviromental and wheel weight later on. I´m suspecting it´s the combination of all 3 settings which gives the player the most "natural" feel/response of the wheel.

P.S.
If anybody knows where that post is I would appreciate if you could post a link to it. Would be really helpfull.

I'm trying out your settings right now. There is a huge difference in turn in strength. I haven't touched the throttle or brake settings aside from the brake saturation. I'm making little tweaks but it feels much better than my previous set up.

Changed/Lowered few settings:

STEERING LINEARITY: 35% (didn´t really notice any bigger differance after the change)
ENVIROMENTAL: 40%
WEIGHT: 50%
With lower weight of the wheel, naturaly it got easyer to turn/handle the wheel it self (better or worse it´s personal preference), but i have gained more feel/weight to it instead through more corners now. It actually feels when cars are sliding through corners (slight vibration) as well as when you have good grip (heavyer wheel through corner). None of this existed with previous settings. Gonna play more with, and try to figure out what exactly does enviromental do to the wheel.
Hope this makes some sence.

Let me know what you think of it, and your settings if you have something new Alex.

Ive finaly found some settings I can live with give them a try let me know what you think. I'm on PC using the Logitech G27 Wheel.

The key I found was to balance Logitech profiler settings with the game settings.

profilersettings.png

not much to see here

ADVSettings.png

Took some time to get these right I didnt seem to be getting anywere until i set the overall effects strengh to 50%

FFBSettings.png

Here's mine (PC/G25)

Profiler:

Overall Effects Strength: 100
Spring Effects Strength: 100
Damper Effects Strength: 100

Enable Centre Spring: Yes

Centre Spring Strength: 100

Report Combined Pedals: no
Degrees Of Rotation: 100-110

In-game wheel settings:

Steering Dead Zone: 0%
Steering Saturation: 0%
Steering Linearity: 40%
Throttle Dead Zone: 0%
Throttle Saturation: 0%
Brake Dead Zone 5%
Brake Saturation: 0%

FF Settings:

Environment Effects: 50
Feedback Strength: 50
Wheel Weight: 30

I keep seeing people posting setups with 0% Brake dead zone, despite numerous posts stating that unless it's at 2% or greater you don't get the slipstream benefit.

You are only shooting yourself in the foot for not reading properly.

Set brake dead zone to 2% or greater, to enable slipstreaming

If you still can't set the brake dead zone to 2% after this post, you deserve to drive slow. Actually, what am I doing, put it to 0%, at least if I race against you, I'll have a slight advantage.

I keep seeing people posting setups with 0% Brake dead zone, despite numerous posts stating that unless it's at 2% or greater you don't get the slipstream benefit.

You are only shooting yourself in the foot for not reading properly.

Set brake dead zone to 2% or greater, to enable slipstreaming

If you still can't set the brake dead zone to 2% after this post, you deserve to drive slow. Actually, what am I doing, put it to 0%, at least if I race against you, I'll have a slight advantage.

What the heck? How is this related to slip streaming? First I heard about that.....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.