Logitech G25 | Official Support Thread

Jeeeeez....

I donno where to start this, just wanted to share with you my extreme good experience with this wheel.

I just have it for 2 weeks now, previuously i was driving a black Momo.
I loved my Momo very much , but you can not mention this 2 wheels on the same page... This G25 thing is just amazing!

From the wheel you get such feedback from the road, bumps, grip of the tyre (and loosing that grip.... lol) that i never experienced before! It is such a precise piece of art, which you cant tell, if you did not try it!

And the pedals.... wow.... maybe this is even better then the wheel itselve. Of course comparing ot the Momo pedals it is not a big deal to improve from there, but what these guys did is phenomenal. Again you can have such precise control and realistic feel, that i can not say anything else, that if you can afford it: BUY IT!!!!!!

Thanks Waku.

Just finished with the exercise, basically it is quite an easy operation to replace the force springs. They are located 1 big spring in each pedals red pistons with different force, just needed to replace those ones. Olny thing is til you reach them you have to unscrew totally 24 screws... lol

So it is quite easy, just time consuming.

But i got my loved bigger brake pedal force on the left pedal, so i am happy! :)

Upvote 0
MOMO: How to setup the control settings?

Hi all,

I've just done myself a really big pleasure and bought myself a lovely steeringwheel: The Logitech Momo Racing Force :)

And i must say: It feels great :)

But one thing i wonder: How have all Momo users setup their control setting, because i have the feeling i lose lots of speed in the corners compared to my times set on a keyboard.

At this moment i have the following (default) settings (I couldn't take a screenshot: that didn't work)

Force Feedback Off

Steering Sensitivity: 50 %
Throttle Sensitivity: 50 %
Brake Sensitivity: 50 %
Clutch Sensitivity: 20 %

Steering Dead Zone: 0 %
Throtlle Dead Zone: 0 %
Brake Dead Zone: 0 %

Speed Sensitive Steering: 10 % (default is on 90 % ?)

Do i need to change the settings a lot to get more feeling and speed in the car?

Thank you for helping me out :)

Momo Mausie :)

Upvote 0
I would propose you to change the deadzones, i used the following for my black MOMO

Steering: 2%
Throttle: 10%
Brake: 10%

Usually for the pedals in momo i adjusted high deadzones, because they had the tendency to "stuck" at low range, with this you can get rid of this effect.

The rest of the settings i always had on default like you wrote, never changed it and it worked fine for me.

Upvote 0
Greger Huttu, the fastest simracer in the world used these settings:

Settings GTR2

Degrees of Rotation: 370

Overall Effects Strength: 111%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%

Enable centering spring is Off.

In GTR2:

Steering Axis Linearity: 50%
Speed Sensitivity: 0%

In car setup I use 23.0 steering lock with these settings. This results in quite sensitive steering so you might want to up the DFP steering rotation to 400 or more, whatever feels comfortable to you.

Here are the FF settings that you need to copy&paste into your GTR2 .plr file:

Code:
FFB Device Type="2" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad. 
FFB Effects Level="5" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom. 
FFB Gain="0.50000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0. 
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis. 
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis. 
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.00000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration. 
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.03500" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point). 
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude). 
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down. 
FFB steer force average weight="0.80000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency. 
FFB steer force exponent="0.82000" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity. 
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction). 
FFB steer force output max="1.50000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0 
FFB steer force grip weight="0.90000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force. 
FFB steer force grip factor="0.60000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight. 
FFB steer update thresh="0.01500" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate. 
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.17500" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0 
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0 
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.17500" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0 
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0 
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.17000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50 
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point). 
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude). 
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down. 
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.08000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0) 
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency. 
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.00000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point). 
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude). 
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down. 
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0) 
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.15000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect. 
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.60000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev. 
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down. 
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.50000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5. 
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0) 
FFB jolt magnitude="1.00000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

Rfactor:

Degrees of Rotation: 360

Overall Effects Strength: 125%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%

Enable centering spring is Off.

In rFactor:

Steering Axis Linearity: 50%
Speed Sensitivity: 0%

In car setup I use around 20.0 steering lock with these settings.

I suggest you to use brake sensitivity arround 30% so you will not lock up too fast.
Throttle sensitivity can be set in Race arround 70% but in GTR2 use also arround 30%.

I hope this will help you out a bit.

Upvote 0
OFF-TOPIC: Can someone explain what Speedsensitive Steering is?

I left most things onchanged, except for the Force Feedback. I turned it off, but put the strenght up a bit so my wheel doesn't shock, but still still feels a bit heavy.

Upvote 0
Speed sensitive steering is, as more percentage you put it on, the more progressive your car wheel movement will be compared to the steering wheel movement as you increase your car speed. Other words, if you set it high, for the same amount of steering wheel movement the car wheel will turn less if you go with 200 km/h then if you go with 50 km/h.

Upvote 0
Scyp[RPM said:
]OFF-TOPIC: Can someone explain what Speedsensitive Steering is?

Speed sensitive steering: the higher you set it, the less sensitive your steering will feel as you go faster, i.e. it's easier to stop the car from moving off-line with a small adjustment, because that small adjustment has less effect at high speed.

Unless the car feels REALLY sensitive to steering inputs at high speed, I leave the setting on 0%, because there is almost always a transition between less sensitive and more sensitive, which you DO NOT need when you're turning into a medium or slow corner! Set your overall wheel sensitivity so that it's not too twitchy at high speed, and adjust it for cornering ;-)

Upvote 0
Heheh, even faster Neo...you are the one!

I think it depends on your wheel and your driving style; 0% might be way too unconrollable and unless you drive like Zsolt Baumgartner, you'll need to learn a new method!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back