Logitech G25 | Official Support Thread

Jeeeeez....

I donno where to start this, just wanted to share with you my extreme good experience with this wheel.

I just have it for 2 weeks now, previuously i was driving a black Momo.
I loved my Momo very much , but you can not mention this 2 wheels on the same page... This G25 thing is just amazing!

From the wheel you get such feedback from the road, bumps, grip of the tyre (and loosing that grip.... lol) that i never experienced before! It is such a precise piece of art, which you cant tell, if you did not try it!

And the pedals.... wow.... maybe this is even better then the wheel itselve. Of course comparing ot the Momo pedals it is not a big deal to improve from there, but what these guys did is phenomenal. Again you can have such precise control and realistic feel, that i can not say anything else, that if you can afford it: BUY IT!!!!!!

G25: No space for a cockpit read this smalL

I want to share my small modifications on my G25 and the environment.

First i modded the pedals. In a real car the accelarator pedal is a bit lower placed. This can be done with the G25 pedals too.
Just remove the accelerator pedal plate, 2 screws. The remove the black spacer en reasssemble the pedal. Now use for the lower hole a shorter screw and add some locktide to both screws. Now heel and toe is a bit easier to do and it adds a bit to the realism as well.

Buy, steal, find or get a secretary feetrest stand, like this:
http://www.ergo2work.be/product.html?ItemID=82&PHPSESSID=8a79a141663d750266ddb67465b80098
They are easy to find second had or maybe you find one in the office like i did.
Now mount the pedalset with 4 6mm screws on it, drill 4 holes first. Most of these feetrest stands can be adjusted, now you have adjusted pedals.
After adjusting it get some ducktape and stick it on the floor. Here it is mounted like a rock now.

Mounting the wheel.
Get some rubber tape and, i used rackettape, and stick it on the 2 mounting clips. Also stick some rubber tape under the wheelhouse. Now your wheel wont slide off. If it is possible, i did it, drill 2 holes and mount the wheel with 2 screws, also 6mm. I used 2 screws which can be mounted by hand. Got them from my old Thrustmaster t2 wheel.

Now you still have the problem of a rolling chair because the brake is kind of stiff.
I solved this by placing and old rubber, foam can be used too, pillow. Just place the rear wheels on the pillow and your chair will not roll on a wooden floor.

The shifter was also mounted with the rubber racket tape, so this will not slide off too.

Another tip. If the wheel isn't centered go to control panel - Game controllers and set the weel rotation to 900 degrees.
Unplug the the usb connector wait a second and plug it in again. The wheel will calibrate and will be centered.

To add more realism i also don't use the moving wheel, i have a wheel and i have never seen a car with 2 wheels, this also saves some FPS. I slide my 24 inch Dell widescreen just behind my G25 wheel. Now i see it like i am in a real car. I adjusted the sitting position so i see the dasboard and its like my G25 is connected to the dashboard.

If people have more simple tips please add them to this topic.

Upvote 0
Didn't actually find a normal Englisch word for "voetenbankje":).

If I have time tomorrow I take some pictures.

I only have a small room with 2 big desks and no space for a cockpit, but i think this works great too.

I can add a small thing, I put a spacer under the wheelbase so the wheel is almost in a 90 degrees hook. I found the original hook not good enough. These are simple mods and easy to apply for everyone.

I want to be sure during a race my pedals dont move and my wheel doesnt come loose.

Off topic: Keep up the good work, i think there will be a great future in virtual racing and i would love to be a team member some time. I think that request will be done tomorrow, I know it's only a few weeks ago since i registered to this forum and i need to be a member for one month first.

Upvote 0
ufff... i came home for the weekend, and of course the first thing was to get to my PC.... lol

Here i have my good old black MOMO instead of the G25, first movement was that i almost broke the brake pedal, so light compared to the G25, as if i would push just the air... LOOOOL

I have to get used to it now again

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%