LIVE STREAM: RaceRoom New GT3's and Developer Interview - 14:30 GMT Today!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Live Stream Talk and Drive Test.jpg

Join us on Twitch at 14:30 GMT as we do a live 'talk and drive' Interview with Sector3 Studios, driving the upcoming new GT3 content!

Later today we will be spending time with the yet to be released new GT3 cars of RaceRoom Racing Experience, taking to the track with the Audi R8 LMS, the Mercedes AMG GT3 of course the stunning Callaway Corvette C7 GT3 R around the sweeping turns of the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit. Adding some spice to the occasion we will also be interviewing the man behind the new physics model as we look to learn everything we can about these three exciting new GT3 physics and cars, set to be made available to purchase in the public build of the simulation in the very near future.

Alex Hodgkinson is a new recruit to Sector3 Studios and has already had a considerable impact on the way the cars behave in game, using his considerable knowledge to good effect as he worked with the team to develop the new GT3 physics model that players will be able to experience when the big update is released in the near future.

If you want to check out what is happening in the stream and get a first opportunity to see these cars on track and driven in anger, then you can catch all the live stream action from 14:30 GMT on our Twitch TV channel from 14:30 UK...

RE-LIVE the stream now!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you enjoyed our live stream? Looking forward to check out the new cars for yourself? Learn anything interesting or new from our chat? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great interview Paul
I really enjoy it. didnt think I would watch for more then half an hour, but Alex gave so much interesting info for 2 hours - balance transfer, inertia, trail breaking, different cars behaviour...:geek: simply amazing to get that kind of details from devs.

And your driving was also great - i would have crash out so many times if i needed to do all of that simultaneously

Great Job @Paul Jeffrey an excellent video and being a bit of a technical geek I loved all the data about physics, developments, and so on from Alex.

Really looking forward to the new GT3 cars and fingers crossed maybe later on in 2018 another GT League might be in the planning :)

Considering his interest in Group C, Alex, think you could twist Sector 3's arm and include a Jaguar XJR9 in the future? :D

....can you imagine the sound of that V12! :inlove:

One question. Are these coming out as a free update to the existing GT3 cars or are they now going to charge us for slight tweaks to the existing models and physics?

A complete overhaul where the physics were redone from scratch can certainly be considered more than a 'small tweak' :D

But as Andrew said, the overhaul will come with the next game update free for everyone. The 3 new cars being added to the game will need to be bought however.

@Paul Jeffrey nice interview, and nice job getting out there and doing a talk & drive. Certainly no easy task :)

Question: why on earth would Sector 3 (Raceroom) giving a interview about the GTR3 grid when Simbin (also Sector 3) is announcing GTR3.
Because the Raceroom GTR3 field is going to be GTR3 from Simbin. This GTR3 from Simbin is going to be as bad as the previous Simbin GTR3 we all hoped for. The difference is the name. RRE is using Simbins name to attract the community and meanwhile they present R3E with some extra features...

Question: why on earth would Sector 3 (Raceroom) giving a interview about the GTR3 grid when Simbin (also Sector 3) is announcing GTR3.
Because they are not in fact the same company, hence the different name. Also, they won't be just copy/pasting R3E content into GTR3 because there's no way RaceRoom will allow them to do that.

But hey, let's go completely off-topic so that we can complain about something instead of looking forward to what will be an excellent update, shall we? :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I'm glad folk seemed to have enjoyed it.

Well done Paul for pushing the idea of GT Legends 2.

I push this on a regular basis with anyone at S3 who will listen. Trust me, I'm the biggest advocate in the world of another GT Legends. That would be epic, and IMHO official historic content is so very much overlooked in the sim racing world. I'd like to bet it would sell way better than developers think it would...

Just wanted to say a quick "thank you" to a few folks too.. thanks to @Davy Vandevenne for getting me set up to stream for the first time, thanks to @Joseph Wright for the broadcast support and YouTube uploading, thanks to @J-F Chardon, Alex Hodgkinson and Sector3 for taking the time and patience to make this thing happen and thanks to the guys from the Beta team who made it on server for the stream, all very much appreciated :)

Sorry @D.Boon for not getting the chance to go side by side for a while, after our race in the BMW what feels like years ago now I'm keen to get back in a on track fight with you again soon :) Sadly lack of pace and concentration would rule me out of sharing the same piece of road this time... maybe on the next one? ;)

On that subject we will be doing this again soon, Alex has a lot to say about physics and we only covered a very small % today, so watch out for some more of this kind of thing very soon :)

Oh and spoiler alert, check in again on Wednesday for the rFactor 2 Formula E talk and drive interview with Marcel Offermans. I've got the streaming bug now (and it's way easier than doing a written interview!!!!!)

Cheers

Well I enjoyed the stream, great insight into the mechanics of the Sim, 19 new cars for the price of 3, what's not to love, 64bit, triple screen support, all sounds pretty hunky dory to me, pain in the arse having to start 19 setups from scratch but sounds like the base settings maybe a better starting point than previously. Could do with an Alex sat in the back seat at all times, boy isn't it nice to listen to someone who actually knows his s**t, fancy it could well be a very fruitful 2 hours, opened my eyes to a couple things I've been doing soooooo wrong, with regards to trying to cure the odd bit of under/oversteer. Can't wait to put some I my new found wisdom into practise. Gotta be one, if not the most hotly anticipated update to date, roll on the 28th. Top work S3 for finding Alex, amassing one hell of a team there guys, happily sit through 2 hours of stream for every class updated, found it all very fascinating.
Great job @Paul Jeffrey, tough gig, talking, listening, responding and driving, kept thinking you were gonna burst into Wonderwall though. :D

Because the Raceroom GTR3 field is going to be GTR3 from Simbin. This GTR3 from Simbin is going to be as bad as the previous Simbin GTR3 we all hoped for. The difference is the name. RRE is using Simbins name to attract the community and meanwhile they present R3E with some extra features...

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea