LIVE STREAM: RaceRoom New GT3's and Developer Interview - 14:30 GMT Today!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Live Stream Talk and Drive Test.jpg

Join us on Twitch at 14:30 GMT as we do a live 'talk and drive' Interview with Sector3 Studios, driving the upcoming new GT3 content!

Later today we will be spending time with the yet to be released new GT3 cars of RaceRoom Racing Experience, taking to the track with the Audi R8 LMS, the Mercedes AMG GT3 of course the stunning Callaway Corvette C7 GT3 R around the sweeping turns of the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit. Adding some spice to the occasion we will also be interviewing the man behind the new physics model as we look to learn everything we can about these three exciting new GT3 physics and cars, set to be made available to purchase in the public build of the simulation in the very near future.

Alex Hodgkinson is a new recruit to Sector3 Studios and has already had a considerable impact on the way the cars behave in game, using his considerable knowledge to good effect as he worked with the team to develop the new GT3 physics model that players will be able to experience when the big update is released in the near future.

If you want to check out what is happening in the stream and get a first opportunity to see these cars on track and driven in anger, then you can catch all the live stream action from 14:30 GMT on our Twitch TV channel from 14:30 UK...

RE-LIVE the stream now!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you enjoyed our live stream? Looking forward to check out the new cars for yourself? Learn anything interesting or new from our chat? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that more that DTM losing Merc to FE means its going to be in limbo anyway? I'm sure i read somewhere that DTM could die off.
Ford or Holden pulling out of V8 SC could do the same...
Also SECTOR3 will be OK using the old DTM stuff, but just not licenced for any new liveries etc etc.

Georg also mentioned that DTM isn't continuing in R3E as their licence agreement ended, I wasn't aware of that.
Probably no big deal. There are only 18 cars on the grid now (in RL), and with Merc leaving there won't be much of a DTM left to make a game about anyway. Hopefully the end of that license will free up S3 to go in search of something new. TCR maybe?

What happens now? DTM cars will be removed from game?
Nah, the old stuff will stay. They just won't be adding anything new. They may stop patching them too, but I'm not sure how licensing works when it comes to that.

Probably no big deal. There are only 18 cars on the grid now (in RL), and with Merc leaving there won't be much of a DTM left to make a game about anyway. Hopefully the end of that license will free up S3 to go in search of something new. TCR maybe?

Nah, the old stuff will stay. They just won't be adding anything new. They may stop patching them too, but I'm not sure how licensing works when it comes to that.
Indeed I was aware that Merc are leaving at the end of 2018 so only Audi & BMW remain in 2019 which I assumed meant it would end and at the same time wondered what it meant for Sector3. I think I saw something l, maybe even here about Asian GT joining DTM and there being a race in the UK maybe. Interesting to see what of anything comes of it all.

In Georg's stream of the new R3E GT3 someone in the chat mentioned that one of the founders of WTCC was removed and went on to create TCR and now the ailing WTCC would be merging with TCR, again interesting to see what happens.

In Georg's stream of the new R3E GT3 someone in the chat mentioned that one of the founders of WTCC was removed and went on to create TCR and now the ailing WTCC would be merging with TCR, again interesting to see what happens.
That's true. There was an article here on RD about a possible merge a few weeks ago. Personally, I think they shouldn't. TCR ain't broke, so don't fix it. Let WTCC die.

That's true. There was an article here on RD about a possible merge a few weeks ago. Personally, I think they shouldn't. TCR ain't broke, so don't fix it. Let WTCC die.

What may happen is similar to the combined class days in BTCC. Sorry I can't remember the details but in the last few years of the BTC class special, they were combined with more normal style touring cars. Then eventually the BTC's were phased out, as I think only Vauxhall was left which was about six cars in that class.

We may end up with the same scenario.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back