Le Grand Circuit 1967

Tracks Le Grand Circuit 1967 v0.50b

Login or Register an account to download this content
Did anyone tried this circuit with the AI racing cars of this era? They are extremely slow for me when theuy are in pack in the Hunaudieres (the longest straight). :cry:
I don't know how to fix AI sadly but if someone has a clue, I'd be very interested to have a proper AI here.

Last edited:
Did anyone tried this circuit with the AI racing cars of this era? They are extremely slow for me when theuy are in pack in the Hunaudieres (the longest straight). :cry:
I don't know how to fix AI sadly but if someone has a clue, I'd be very interested to have a proper AI here.
I don't have a big problem on the straights unless a pack gets stuck behind a slower car. My problem is refueling - I run 12 lap races with fuel and tyres set at x3. This means refueling every 3 laps but the AI cars seem to fill up 120 litres in half the time it takes me. Anyone know why?

What happens at 2.50 on your video is an example of what I'm bothered by, you should not be stuck behind a convoy on this straight line.
The pack catch a Lola which has a bit lower top speed and get slowed. It's my fault for putting a Lola towards the front of the grid (P3) but I wanted to mix it up a bit. I've uploaded a video of it from the Lola looking back from the start of the straight.. The first 4 cars get past fine but then two cars arrive at the same time, the inside one has the slipstream the outside one is relatively slowing. The AI naturally want to be in the slipstream until the last moment but then can get stuck. That's motor racing I suppose.

Lola Video

Is anyone experiencing the AI lifting quite heavily on the mulsane kink? Not sure why they are lifting quite so heavily but it ruins their entire lap and makes racing them not great, which is a shame this track looks awesome.

Is anyone experiencing the AI lifting quite heavily on the mulsane kink? Not sure why they are lifting quite so heavily but it ruins their entire lap and makes racing them not great, which is a shame this track looks awesome.
Yes, the AI lifts just prior to the kink, and don't exactly push as hard as possible after the kink either. They don't seem to go for full push until after the Mulsanne corner. That said, this remains the only game in town for this era of the track...

Yes, the AI lifts just prior to the kink, and don't exactly push as hard as possible after the kink either. They don't seem to go for full push until after the Mulsanne corner. That said, this remains the only game in town for this era of the track...
I'll try and do a new line today and see if i can fix it.

The AI also slows down for the kink at Maison Blanche, and then they just kind of doddle along at a relatively slow rate back to the start/finish area. If you could kill off those two major slow-downs, you'd be miles ahead of what we have now... Good luck! I attempted new AI lines once... wasn't pretty, crash, burn, I left in shame... !

The AI also slows down for the kink at Maison Blanche, and then they just kind of doddle along at a relatively slow rate back to the start/finish area. If you could kill off those two major slow-downs, you'd be miles ahead of what we have now... Good luck! I attempted new AI lines once... wasn't pretty, crash, burn, I left in shame... !
I've got something, they now dont lift through that section. I will look at the braking hints as well because the hairpin shortly aftwards has a few issues, BUT, if you back up your AI folder i can dropbox and share and see what you think?

So any tips on how to make the cars better with slow traffic? I was just having a terrific race (Le Mans 66 grid) and then we hit the back markers and they decided to sit behind them on the straights and i went sailing back. Bummer. This track needs a lot of AI work and i've only just started playing/editing AC, i think currently its a bit beyond me. However i do have a faster AI line now.

So any tips on how to make the cars better with slow traffic? I was just having a terrific race (Le Mans 66 grid) and then we hit the back markers and they decided to sit behind them on the straights and i went sailing back. Bummer. This track needs a lot of AI work and i've only just started playing/editing AC, i think currently its a bit beyond me. However i do have a faster AI line now.
No - as far as I know, the AI has always pulled up behind slower cars, then they think about passing, then they pull out to one side, and then after all that they finally decide to step on the gas and pass... it's a known issue, and as far as I know, nobody has ever figured out how to fix it...

I'd be happy to try out your file - just send me a PM if you still want to share.

Interesting. Would you mind to share your faster AI line? Can be here (for all of us) or by PM. Cheers.

Interesting. Would you mind to share your faster AI line? Can be here (for all of us) or by PM. Cheers.
Yeah of course! No problems. I'm away with work for the next few days but I'll share the two I made, you can see which one you prefer. One thing I noticed was my lines really weren't that much different going along Mulsanne straight but the second line I made and tested, the cars would go along in a straight line and then suddenly steer right or left (50% lock maybe?) and go flying in that direction causing pile ups. But it wasn't every lap, just every so often. I'll make a few more lines and share those and see which ones you prefer, but it's quite easy to get them to go through that corner flat, you just re-write it taking a wider angled line through the corner. I've also lengthened the brake hint and increased its strength for the hairpin afterwards.

With all gt3 cars only its fine, for other car classes you may need another ai line, for multiclass races ac ai is always wonky.
Yeah tbh I was using stuff with huge speed difference. Like an Austin Healey and the Ford GT so the closing speed between the two was huge. I might try a grid with less speed difference and see how they get on. I did wonder about that last night

Im still doing various AI lines, with some success, the one area im struggling with is the mulsanne straight, and what appears to be these dreaded red lines that suddenly jut out onto the circuit causing causing the AI to totally freak out and swerve violently across the circuit. Are these track boundaries? How are these set? Is that something that is done more by a circuit builder? Is there anything that can be done to the AI to ignore them and drive over them? Like a push/accelerate hint?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back