Le Grand Circuit 1967

Tracks Le Grand Circuit 1967 v0.50b

Login or Register an account to download this content
Terra21 submitted a new resource:

Le Grand Circuit 1967 - Historic Le Mans

Le-Grand-Circuit-1967 v0.50

In association with Virtua_LM
Brought into Assetto Corsa By Terra21 with permission from woochoo & Virtua_LM

Thanks to the Original Creator woochoo. For allowing the track to be enjoyed by AC users too

Original rF2 track download and information thread by woochoo
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/le-grand-circuit-1967-in-association-with-vlm.53616/

NOTES
This track is still W.I.P.. updates will be applied to the AC...

Read more about this resource...

Seems very low effort so far. All the blending has been removed and the grass/dirt transitions look pretty bad, and all the detailed textures from the rfactor original are gone. The rf2 flag marshals should be removed as well, they look horrible.
You would of been better converting the rfactor original, that sim's blending options work nicer with AC than rfactor 2's.

Seems very low effort so far. All the blending has been removed and the grass/dirt transitions look pretty bad, and all the detailed textures from the rfactor original are gone. The rf2 flag marshals should be removed as well, they look horrible.
You would of been better converting the rfactor original, that sim's blending options work nicer with AC than rfactor 2's.
....it will improve

Huuge thanks !!!!! Now this will be epic for P4, GT40, 908LH and more

Also thats the track which our XJ13 was aimed for, and should have dominated, can't wait to try it.

Big big thanks to woochoo for making it virtual, and you for making it for AC. Great :)

At first I have decided to drive it in rF2 in rain to dry with 917K. Really epic. While driving fast couldn't spot anything wrong with the appearance, maybe just trees seemed a bit monotonic at places. I have easily done 3'20 still in wet track and with a crash, so either the track is too quick there, or 917K is too quick there, I also think thaat rF2 wet grip is dumbed down, for obvious reasons.

Can't wait to try it in AC now :)

Huuge thanks !!!!! Now this will be epic for P4, GT40, 908LH and more

Also thats the track which our XJ13 was aimed for, and should have dominated, can't wait to try it.

Big big thanks to woochoo for making it virtual, and you for making it for AC. Great :)

At first I have decided to drive it in rF2 in rain to dry with 917K. Really epic. While driving fast couldn't spot anything wrong with the appearance, maybe just trees seemed a bit monotonic at places. I have easily done 3'20 still in wet track and with a crash, so either the track is too quick there, or 917K is too quick there, I also think thaat rF2 wet grip is dumbed down, for obvious reasons.

Can't wait to try it in AC now :)
The 917 is extreme fast. 1970 Ahrens did a 3.19(with the the Ford chicane....) Rodriguez was faster than any F1 car before at Spa(the old, dangerous 14,1km version). 1971 Jackie Oliver burned down the Le Mans track with a 3.13,6 in practice.

Last edited:
Started work on retexturing the sponsors. For me personally a must to have real ones.
Could use some help though with figuring out which is which.Using the "Le Mans" movie as a reference mainly I did a couple like Martini, Bardahl and Cibie which were quite obvious. (But wtf is "Bascom"? haha...)
s_spon_alb.png

Also the pit boxes car manufacturer signs. I have no idea what colour, make and what number is to be applied where in real life. I'm sure there's some Le Mans historians out there that can shine a light on it. Anybody willing to help here just shout out or drop me a PM. One of the most important things to do for now is the Dunlop Tyre arcs but I'm unable to do those since my skills are limited. And off course the "Entonol/Esso" neon signs on top of the grandstand. And the "Le Grand Circuit neon which off course should be "S.E.V. Marchal". Would be nice if we could get together somehow and pull this off nice and ( sort of ) fast. The track deserves it.

If there's someone out there that is better than me and has already started doing this, pls tell me so I don't have to waste time on it, tx.

Last edited:
Started work on retexturing the sponsors. For me personally a must to have real ones.
Could use some help though with figuring out which is which.Using the "Le Mans" movie as a reference mainly I did a couple like Martini, Bardahl and Cibie which were quite obvious. (But wtf is "Bascom"? haha...)
s_spon_alb.png

Also the pit boxes car manufacturer signs. I have no idea what colour, make and what number is to be applied where in real life. I'm sure there's some Le Mans historians out there that can shine a light on it. Anybody willing to help here just shout out or drop me a PM. One of the most important things to do for now is the Dunlop Tyre arcs but I'm unable to do those since my skills are limited. And off course the "Entonol/Esso" neon signs on top of the grandstand. And the "Le Grand Circuit neon which off course should be "S.E.V. Marchal". Would be nice if we could get together somehow and pull this off nice and ( sort of ) fast. The track deserves it.

If there's someone out there that is better than me and has already started doing this, pls tell me so I don't have to waste time on it, tx.

This should help. ;)

Thanks Sascha, BP was pretty obvious, but I couldn't figure it out hahaha... Pls keep the tips coming guys.

Edit:

What I will do is finish this texture map and upload it as version 0.1 or something and update it as I go along. So at least the big billboards will be there in the game. And also to have a proper thread, so we don't have to hijack Terra's... ;) Sorry for that Terra, but it's for a good cause...

Last edited:
Maybe you should just put in the common sponsors from that era, not searching for every equivalent to the given ones. Nobody would blame you if we have some Gulf ads or somewhat like that as billboards around the track. ;)

Yeah, I'll have to do that in the end I guess. There's just too many of them. But at least I can try to fill out the first one. At least they are pretty straightforward, so i can more or less do them. Pit signs shouldn't pose a problem either, just a lot of work. Oh what about Behrends, Boole and Carson? Any ideas? Oh and Mcclintock. Pretty big sign that one, no idea what it could be.

Edit: Yeah I know about Shell, was the first one i figured haha:laugh: Tx.

Newton=Dunlop
Along the track there are many Total ones
Meitner is Martini cause IRL the roof of the famous white house has this advertise logo.
Behrends is Bardahl
Fourier is Firestone
Colden is Castrol
Carson is Lucas
P/V Ampere is also S.E.V. Marchal
Raynaud Oils is Huiles Renault
CrD is AC
Mclintok is American Brakeblock(whatever this was...)

Last edited:
s_spon_alb.png

Some progress I made. Needs some fine tuning here and there. But at least the major visible billboards will be done, sort of, soon... Still need "M.R.Mouton", "Boole", "Kepler", "Zuber Falconer", "Lavoisier" and "Caos Cartwright".

Looks already very good!:thumbsup:
I `m going through the books looking for race pictures from Le Mans of that time. I suggest just just to replace the fictive names with sponsor brands that were IRL alongside the track - for those we can`t find a match(cause irl the advertise banners were sometimes different placed than ingame - i think nobody is able to say where 1967 each banner was placed and which sponsor brand was on it.)

Little reminder:):
The black/blue Behrends(iupper left corner) is Bardahl, too;)
the round, red CrD is AC
Carson is Lucas

Last edited:
Identified:
Design Entincelle de vie is Carburateurs Solex
Boole is Mobil
Kowalevski is Continental
Volta is Total
(Volta and Kowaleski aren`t on your sheet but many times along the the track to see)
90% id safety:
Caos Cartwright is Champion (with spark plug instead of flame logo)

Sponsors that were 1967 also alongside the track:
Uniroyal
Girling
Mintex
Trico
Vabe
Le Monde
Polaroil
Paris Rhone

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?