Lausitzring

Tracks Lausitzring 1.51

Login or Register an account to download this content
with this update do we still need to disable merge meshes to make your track work?
I have no idea my friend, try it and you will see. I am not using this feature so I don't know.

The new main wind turbine looks spot-on now - many thanks!
Also, love the slowly-rotating blades on the chopper. Good stuff!
:)
There is one more dynamic thing, just a small detail, 4 wind socks around the track are rotating acording to the wind direction. :) And the flags will follow wind direction as well but there is a bug in CSP and x4fab knows about it and it will be fixed in next CSP update so in the end the track will have full wind support :D

Hi Fuzo,
only some slight critics from my side though the most do not recognize it: still some old logos around the track, your personal logos at some places and the big LCD monitor also has the TMM logo on it. Can you consider to fix these things?

Hi Fuzo,
only some slight critics from my side though the most do not recognize it: still some old logos around the track, your personal logos at some places and the big LCD monitor also has the TMM logo on it. Can you consider to fix these things?

Oh I thought it is good idea to advertise my modding team a little on the track :D Maybe I could revert those banners to default rf2 state and then prepare some templates for racing communities to create their own banners, it is quite easy. Or someone can create mod for this track with real banners? But I am wondering, what would you put on those LCDs?

Maybe just a test image like in real life. I did some of those packs in the past but don´t have the time for it right now unfortunately. Its just a proposal from my side, to raise the immersion of your track since Most, Oschersleben and Lausitzring are great additions to the AC community. Hopefully the Sachsenring will find its way to AC from your team as well.

Maybe just a test image like in real life. I did some of those packs in the past but don´t have the time for it right now unfortunately. Its just a proposal from my side, to raise the immersion of your track since Most, Oschersleben and Lausitzring are great additions to the AC community. Hopefully the Sachsenring will find its way to AC from your team as well.
how do you know that I am working on Sachsenring? :D

tested and approved, it works now, no need to remove merge mesh feature anymore.
Thank you for this track, amazingly good.

good to hear that it works now :)

You do?? :inlove: Hmm maybe just my guessing since the current one floating around is also from the same modder? Or just because you´re in love with Eastern Germany and Czech Republic? Who knows. ;)

As far as I know there are already 2 versions of Sachsenring around, one older, with some holes in mesh and one rf2 convert, but they are not updated anymore I guess, and I even noticed that someone was working on new scratch made version, I don't know what's the status of this project, but since we want Sachsenring for our local championship after short testing of existing versions I decided to ask Digga - rf2 version author - for permission and made the convert from scratch from last possible version. I planned to release it only on our modding team webpage, but who knows, if there will be demand for it here, I will probably upload it here as well. And the reason I am doing mostly Czech and German tracks... Well, since we were trying to recreate real championships with Octavia Cup and 130RS and those races were mostly held in CZ, SVK and Germany, the choise of tracks was obvious :)

I never liked Lausitzring, but using your version I quite enjoyed the layout too :D Very nice job.
A decent version of Sachsenring is under construction:
Maybe you should talk.
I haven't seen a really good Brno in AC yet, it would be nice to have a good one on your level of quality.

I never liked Lausitzring, but using your version I quite enjoyed the layout too :D Very nice job.
A decent version of Sachsenring is under construction:
Maybe you should talk.
I haven't seen a really good Brno in AC yet, it would be nice to have a good one on your level of quality.

It is not realy my version, I just converted it and added some AC and CSP features to it, I don't want to take credit for "creating" it :) But the windmills are definitely mine, made from scratch by me :D At least something :D

That Sachsenring of yours looks promising, however we need one working in about 2 weeks so I will finish my rf2 conversion. I don't think your version will be finished any time soon, or will be?

I would like to see good Brno as well but my priority are car mods, not tracks, so I will focus on that :) To make both would be quite time consuming and I want to have some real life as well, I don't want to spend my best years just behind the keyboard :D

Yes, I know it's a conversion but you've made a good job I think.
I have nothing to do with Sachsenring, @Gunnar333 is the creator. I just wanted to show you the project to avoid working both of you on the same. But of course if you need a conversion in 2 weeks time, then they are not the same projects.
Brno was only a suggestion, I think there is an rF2 mod too, and I thought if you are making conversions from German and Czech tracks it would be a good choice instead of Sachsenring.

That Sachsenring of yours looks promising, however we need one working in about 2 weeks so I will finish my rf2 conversion. I don't think your version will be finished any time soon, or will be?

You're right. it won't be finished soon. :)
I've just finished the road mesh and working on the curbs atm.
I try to be as exact as possible, because I do have some good source data. But that means track developing is slow.

cheers,
Gunnar

You're right. it won't be finished soon. :)
I've just finished the road mesh and working on the curbs atm.
I try to be as exact as possible, because I do have some good source data. But that means track developing is slow.

cheers,
Gunnar
I admire people who have courage to make track mod from scratch, I tried something in RTB, but I was not satisfied with the result. I have one scratch made project though, but I don't have time for it now :D

What do I lose with other tracks without "merged meshes"?
I'm not sure if there's documentation about what that function actually does, but from name and description I'd guess it makes multiple objects that are in close proximity, with the same material, into a single object.
If you now have that wind turbine with multiple objects, but only a single material, the merge function and the rotation function fight about what to do with it..

...I guess. But in general this function should be helpful for example on RTB made tracks, where the maker plopped down stuff like cones and tires, but kept them all as separate objects.

Crashes with any car, tried RSS stuff, stock Kunos stuff, all crashes. CSP v0.1.48, Sol v1.4.2
Your Oschersleben conversion works fine.

Attachments

• log.txt
    136.9 KB · Views: 234

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play