PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

on the other hand I don't like it now. I'll see you in the middle I guess

Agree MP is wild right now, they'll add some rules and support later. Try to find some friends

after yesterday's update, I hate it even in multiplayer. The cars feel squishy, if thats a good defining term. The ass end on the X4 comes around way too easy and so does the Formula A. Not that these cars shouldnt be able to swing the ass around, it just does it at the weirdest times in pcars. An f1 car has so much downforce that it shouldnt snap out from behind you on entry to a turn, and this happens to me quite often. It feels like you are driving on a large sponge. I've also noticed that the car reacts to my wheel input too much now. I run my csr on 540 and that used to be perfect but now it acts as if my wheel is on 200 Degrees of rotation. Dont quite get it.

I was also disappointed with the Capri. The sound was strange and it really didnt drive like the ones I love in the rfactor capri mod. I know it's in development still, but these are just my views on the latest build :)

Anyone with G27 think FFB is clean and consistent?
It loses connection at times for me, and under brakes feels like a shotgun blast.
With a G27 it's the worsed sim I know.
Switching from pCars to GSC, P&G, RRRE feels like the Sim heaven.
I still not convinced that pCars will be the best and can only be played with a gamepad on console.

I'm glad my logitech wheel is working perfectly with pCars and having lots of fun racing multi player on pCars everyday!

And the funny thing is that pCars lobby is almost always FULL in the evening compared to other "SIM HEAVEN" games!!!

I wonder why! Whoopp Whopop wuuup!

Go figure LOL!

Latest build is not good for me. The cars just don't seem as planted as they were. Tried all sorts with FFB and wheel settings. Cars seem to respond harshly and too fast. Also lost 10 fps. Will wait for next build.

With a G27 it's the worsed sim I know.
Switching from pCars to GSC, P&G, RRRE feels like the Sim heaven.
I still not convinced that pCars will be the best and can only be played with a gamepad on console.
Would it be better if it's "no sim", I wonder? :cautious: Can't expect a sword from a knife... then again they have one year still and some console adjustments are yet to come? Good SP career is a must.

Your enthusiasm could be related to your investment level. I test every new update, listen as people tell me how much better it is now, and then give up after an hr or so as it still isn't driving properly.

If the majority are enjoying something and you don't, then clearly there is something wrong at your side. Mind you, I don't enjoy every car in pCars as the tire model is not done for most (actually it's only ready for the FA), but in particular, the BMW Z4, the Racer and Caterams are really great to drive and I'm having some awesome evenings racing with these on pCars.

And you don't even like rFactor 2 !!! (or it's FFB or something like that). Yesterday, at Race Department, we had a race with the Clio's at Sebring and it was one hell of a race, 100% fun, awesome feeling driving the car etc etc. You blame it on the G27...well, many on G27 are still having fun and are not complaining.

So when you come here and tell me...."gave up after an hr or so as it still isn't driving properly", that's for me is bullocks, for me, that is something which has no meaning and do not understand as like I said, the majority do not feel like you. I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you what you can do to fix your 'driving properly' issues.

Maybe your problems are not the wheel or the game, maybe it's something else. I just don't understand why you keep coming to the section of games which 'don't drive properly'. If you don't like it forget it and move on.

It's like having a girlfriend. You don't like her tits, you don't really dump her but you keep coming to her telling her that her tits are not big enough. Just freken dump her and find another one with big tits!!!

If the majority are enjoying something and you don't, then clearly there is something wrong at your side. !

Actually, when you think about it, the majority like GT5/FM and simcadey games in general, IOW, they don't value FFB, physics and steering precision as I and other sim racers do, instead, they value things like GFX plus car and feature lists.

pcars doesn't have to be a sim to be regarded as a worthy game, but atm, it simply isn't good enough to bother driving.

How it can take soooo long to get just one car into some sort of sim/simcade shape is beyond me.

Actually, when you think about it, the majority like GT5/FM and simcadey games in general, IOW, they don't value FFB, physics and steering precision as I and other sim racers do, instead, they value things like GFX plus car and feature lists.

Your assumption is totally wrong. Why don't you start a poll in WMD forum, you are a member there and you'll get your answer.

In fact, SMS just hired Nic Hamilton to give feedback on the tire model.

This is for publicity only of course, which is fine as marketing needs to be done. And as the last couple of days have shown with good results.

With all respect. Nic is a super nice bloke but I wouldn't call him a super fast alien when it comes to sim racing as I can name quite a lot drivers from the RDTCC days that were a lot quicker, consistent and with more knowledge how to setup a touring car properly. Among them were also some real life racers from touring car series from all over the world but their biggest disadvantage is that they don't have a world famous brother in Formula 1 so hardly anybody knows them.

That he cannot use the throttle and the brakes with his feet due to his physical condition is a big downside when it comes to handling as using digital buttons is just not the same as using your feet on analogue pedals.

The above will probably be explained again as hating by the fanboy armada but that just my opinion about this hype. People who know me better know how much we have helped in the past to get some nice publicity for Nic via RaceDepartment and its terrific that he has a seat in a real racing series :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back