Kunos Unveils Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kunos Simulazioni has officially announced the third Dream DLC pack for Assetto Corsa.

Dream Pack 3 will include the famed UK circuit, Brands Hatch, along with seven new cars, six of which were revealed in an interview a couple of weeks ago with the Italian developer. Brands Hatch has been laser-scanned, meaning that it will be replicated in the virtual world with utmost accuracy in relation to it's real life counterpart.

A statement from Kunos' Facebook page:
"Dear AC followers, Kunos Simulazioni is proud to introduce the newest track developed for Assetto Corsa, the iconic Brands Hatch circuit, that will be included in the Dream Pack 3, available on Steam from 12.15.2015!

The Brands Hatch circuit in Assetto Corsa:
The development of this famous and challenging circuit required 6 months of work, making Brands Hatch the fourth circuit added to Assetto Corsa during 2015, after the Nordschleife, Zandvoort and Barcelona. As showed in the following video, Kunos Simulazioni development team has reproduced the track paying attention to all those details and reference points used by real drivers, thanks to the massive use of Laserscan technology. that guarantees the maximum accuracy: stay tuned for other information!"
brands.jpg

Dream Pack 3 will be available for purchase and download on December 15, 2015 on Steam.

Which car are you most keen to take for a spin around the newly released Brands Hatch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Details of the update to come with dp3

- New reflection rendering system
- HDR now matches real life photographic references
- Improved AI ability to stick to the intended racing line
- Improved AI braking code (able to understand and use locked inside tyre for FWD)
- Vastly improved multiplayer antilag/antiwarp system
- Fixed missing ksBrakeDisc script in all the remaining cars.
- Tweaked wet volume for reverb on high distance
- Tweaked dynamics for Audi R8 Plus interior sound
- New Bmw M3 e30 DTM and Group A exterior sounds
- Added option in drs.ini to ignore DRS zones (for road cars)
- New font rendering system for dashboards
- Fixed fadeout timing for gravel particles
- Improved digital instruments of all cars
- Fixed some bugged special events
- Tweaked most of the special events to be compatible with tyre model 5/6
- FXAA is now using Kunos' own shader
- Fixed blurred rim/tyres on car with animated suspensions on farther Lods
- ksEditor: added node grid
- Introduced [DRS_ZONES] IGNORE_ZONES in drs.ini to allow road cars to ignore DRS zones (ie. McLaren P1)
- Fixed exaggerate motion blur for some camera modes
- Added serial opponent selection on Options->General: if flagged then opponents skin is not randomly chosen, but alphabetically
- Fixed unrealistic qualify times when session is skipped
- Fixed LaFerrari rear wheels
- Fixed Huracan GT3 model to update it from the pre-season version
- GT3 and GT2 cars tyre heating improvements
- Ferrari 312T Tyre v6
- Audi R8 Plus front torque vectoring and central differential improvements.
- Headlights revised on all cars
- Added missing dashboard lighting to cars where present
- Fixed various LOD issues on a large number of cars
- Car shader overhaul
- Skins fixes and updates on various cars
- Added templates for DP3 cars and Audi R8 Plus
- Optimization across the entire car range (should help with large fields)
- Digital instrument updates
- Fixed collision boxes on various cars

There was also this on the storepage.

PLEASE SELECT ONE OF THE DEFAULT PP EFFECTS AND WEATHER AVAILABLE IN AC.

DO NOT USE THIRD PARTY PP EFFECTS AND WEATHER WITH 1.4

With the imminent release of AC version 1.4 (and Dream Pack 3) we are introducing some great improvements in the reflections, FXAA antialias, exposure and general image quality.

Unfortunately though, this means we had to break compatibility with old ppEffects.ini files. This means if you have added third party ppEffects.ini's you will have exposure problems or other issues.

We know this might cause a bit of frustration but as you will find out by yourself, it is worth it, as it is a great improvement and will also enable modders to achieve even better photorealistic ppeffects in the near future.

There was also this on the storepage.

PLEASE SELECT ONE OF THE DEFAULT PP EFFECTS AND WEATHER AVAILABLE IN AC.

DO NOT USE THIRD PARTY PP EFFECTS AND WEATHER WITH 1.4

With the imminent release of AC version 1.4 (and Dream Pack 3) we are introducing some great improvements in the reflections, FXAA antialias, exposure and general image quality.

Unfortunately though, this means we had to break compatibility with old ppEffects.ini files. This means if you have added third party ppEffects.ini's you will have exposure problems or other issues.

We know this might cause a bit of frustration but as you will find out by yourself, it is worth it, as it is a great improvement and will also enable modders to achieve even better photorealistic ppeffects in the near future.

This will hopefully mean we can make our pp-filters and weather mods even better with hopefully not too many tweaks in the files.

Has the FFB strength increased? I didn't change my wheel settings but since this patch the FFB feels a lot stronger. I've had to adjust the FFB down in-game considerably, that or I have some degenerative muscular disease that I'm unaware of and I'm getting weaker.

Oh BAYBUH this thing is so, so much fun. This screenshot doesn't do justice to the powerslide I was doing out of Dingle Dell.

Screenshot_ks_lotus_72d_ks_brands_hatch_15-12-115-15-6-42.jpg

The new Merc AMG GT3 is also a load of fun. Easy for a driver with my (limited) abilities to be consistent, though that may have been due to the factory settings being on, lol.
Screenshot_ks_mercedes_amg_gt3_ks_brands_hatch_15-12-115-15-34-39.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play