Kunos Unveils Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kunos Simulazioni has officially announced the third Dream DLC pack for Assetto Corsa.

Dream Pack 3 will include the famed UK circuit, Brands Hatch, along with seven new cars, six of which were revealed in an interview a couple of weeks ago with the Italian developer. Brands Hatch has been laser-scanned, meaning that it will be replicated in the virtual world with utmost accuracy in relation to it's real life counterpart.

A statement from Kunos' Facebook page:
"Dear AC followers, Kunos Simulazioni is proud to introduce the newest track developed for Assetto Corsa, the iconic Brands Hatch circuit, that will be included in the Dream Pack 3, available on Steam from 12.15.2015!

The Brands Hatch circuit in Assetto Corsa:
The development of this famous and challenging circuit required 6 months of work, making Brands Hatch the fourth circuit added to Assetto Corsa during 2015, after the Nordschleife, Zandvoort and Barcelona. As showed in the following video, Kunos Simulazioni development team has reproduced the track paying attention to all those details and reference points used by real drivers, thanks to the massive use of Laserscan technology. that guarantees the maximum accuracy: stay tuned for other information!"
brands.jpg

Dream Pack 3 will be available for purchase and download on December 15, 2015 on Steam.

Which car are you most keen to take for a spin around the newly released Brands Hatch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why no GT1 cars.....

Frankly.....people want to drive cars they are least likely to drive in real life.....easy to understand the love for the GT class cars. I personally would love to see GT1 class cars
Well then I'm not 'people' cause I think just the exact opposite. The only car that really interests me is the abarth. Now I hope some more nonGT3leagues will pop up. The rest I'll have a quick look at in the showroom as I did with all the other exotic cars and gt3's. I don't give a rats ass about that gt3class but I do have to admit it's shaping up very nicely and most brands are already included.
So Kunos, time to move onto other racing classes! :D

Also looks like the Audi TT Cup will be made official in earlier posts.
2016, yes, and I suspect it's being brought for much the same reasons as was the 235i Racing. I know several teams that train with the Kunos model for races, F-Team posted FB pictures of their drivers practicing with it in their simulator. TT cup series is another great addition, Kunos reaching out to the small competing single class cars, always a cool thing.

2016, yes, and I suspect it's being brought for much the same reasons as was the 235i Racing. I know several teams that train with the Kunos model for races, F-Team posted FB pictures of their drivers practicing with it in their simulator. TT cup series is another great addition, Kunos reaching out to the small competing single class cars, always a cool thing.
Yes that makes sense with the whole "AC PRO" thing which is happening currently

I think they actually think the sounds are good as they are, otherwise we would have heard an answer on it. I really cant emphasize how much the sounds does for me and I've been really befuddled reading that other people actually think the sounds are good.
Like the Ford GT 40, the sounds completely ruins the experience for me. It's really such a shame considering how good everything else is.
Is more a question of hardware. I use 5.1 surround speakers, with bass subwoofer. But it also works well in earplugs and headphones, because they are also capable of creating "bass sound". But in this case for AC and earplugs/headphones, go to realtek sound effects, and in the equalizer choose the bass preset. Don't use this for other games or music, since it will make it seem bad, on most occasions. But works well in AC. With a working 5.1 system I don't need to do that, since my subwoofer has a rotating button bass where I can increase and decrease the effect.

What this means? It means if you have simple pc speakers without bass to interlace in the car sounds, you are missing a good component of it. Which is the grunt, the vibrations that you normally can hear and feel when near potent cars in real life. For example if I turn down the bass when using the Miura or GT40, the sound seems naked and thin. But adding that component, it creates a more potent sound, with grunt (purrr) and rumble, and with dynamism between the frequencies and all the sound details from the car engine and exhaust.

Tell me your feedback afterwards, Tomas.

That's the big difference I noticed between stock sounds and modded ones that people praised, way louder in the bass (to the point it didn't sound good on my speakers cause the bass notes were clipping) If I run AC too quietly then yeah it doesn't sound very good, at a reasonable volume it's fine.

Is more a question of hardware. I use 5.1 surround speakers, with bass subwoofer. But it also works well in earplugs and headphones, because they are also capable of creating "bass sound". But in this case for AC and earplugs/headphones, go to realtek sound effects, and in the equalizer choose the bass preset. Don't use this for other games or music, since it will make it seem bad, on most occasions. But works well in AC. With a working 5.1 system I don't need to do that, since my subwoofer has a rotating button bass where I can increase and decrease the effect.

What this means? It means if you have simple pc speakers without bass to interlace in the car sounds, you are missing a good component of it. Which is the grunt, the vibrations that you normally can hear and feel when near potent cars in real life. For example if I turn down the bass when using the Miura or GT40, the sound seems naked and thin. But adding that component, it creates a more potent sound, with grunt (purrr) and rumble, and with dynamism between the frequencies and all the sound details from the car engine and exhaust.

Tell me your feedback afterwards, Tomas.

I appreciate your good intention but I am a musician and my sound system is worth more than most peoples cars, it's studio reference equipment. This also means I'm very used to analyzing sounds. On top of that I'm very sound oriented, whereas different peoples senses are more or less dominant.

People are allowed to disagree with my opinion but I'm not a kid with pc-speakers voicing some stupid words of something I know nothing about.

I appreciate your good intention but I am a musician and my sound system is worth more than most peoples cars, it's studio reference equipment. This also means I'm very used to analyzing sounds. On top of that I'm very sound oriented, whereas different peoples senses are more or less dominant.

People are allowed to disagree with my opinion but I'm not a kid with pc-speakers voicing some stupid words of something I know nothing about.
So you use a 5.1 or 7.1 speakers sound system. Then you do get the rumble of the car engine, on many of the cars. But I don't know if you used Bass for AC. Because it definitely sounds much better than with it turned off.

If is not that, then what specific things you think AC has bad sounds for the cars?

So you use a 5.1 or 7.1 speakers sound system. Then you do get the rumble of the car engine, on many of the cars. But I don't know if you used Bass for AC. Because it definitely sounds much better than with it turned off.

If is not that, then what specific things you think AC has bad sounds for the cars?

It's not loudness of any part of the register that exemplifies a higher end sound system, it's the calibrated seperation of all sounds. It's not an effect but the correct representation of the sound.

Imo the sounds in AC is unengaging for me, it lacks alot of detail and seperation. It's quite simple and lacks many different aspects to engage me. It's the best I can explain it.

Honestly, I hope this is the last content they post in a while. Ever since the shift to tyre model 5 and several other code changes, the cars are very inconsistent in many areas, from tyres heating properly to ambient temps affecting laptimes.

1. Fastest laps are often set in cold ambient temps from team data sheets, Kunos's code does not reflect this which should not be.
2. BMW GT2 and Vette GTLM brake curve is superior to the 458 GT2 both in brake gain and lock. The 458 code needs improvement.
3. All GT2 tyres won't enter their performance temp ranges. Even max track temp won't help. Few of us may know how to drive professionally, but few of us are grid dunces, either; we know how to properly get heat into the tyres, and on softs, they should be in their 100C range, not trolling at a cold 60C. Code issues need resolution.
4. Texture fixes in some cars required.
5. Homologation of all road car dash and gauge lights.
6. FFB still needs a LOT of improvement...some cars it is very smooth and detailed as Stefano explained in his former vlogs, many others are still full of artifacts and very unpleasant.
7. weather optimizations needed, esp. graphically. New texture sampling filepath for clouds is a must for modders and realistic daytime cloudscapes.
8. TIME TO INCLUDE THE COMMUNITY LIVERIES FROM THE CONTEST ALREADY.
9. AI needs further improvements for multiclass racing. What's the point of having the M235i and Lotus GX unless they can be raced alongside their more powerful GT3 counterparts on the Nurburgring??? If faster AI won't pass a slower class car, the whole field runs amok.
10. Add numerous MP features, ban features, improved chat features.

Just to name a few issues...content is great, but what are great car models and tracks if the tyre model is inconsistent at best?

Good points.
But I think Kunos is doing a good job of managing expectations and as well the future of the game. With regards to the tyre model some of it is habit from the last updates so there's a learning curve. What we would definitely benefit from is a Kunos made tyre app that merges and/or separates the two temperatures involved now (ie. surface - which is variable to the second, and internal - gradual). I don't race GT2s a lot so I can't comment too much on their behavior.

I general I get the notion that the studio is going after some of the finer details and as well managing other nagging things as well. With every new patch, or new features there are bound to be hiccups so as long as the users do their part in reporting their bugs and issues we should be fine.

In before "3d modelers have nothing to do with coding ppl" spare us that please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back