kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

Just a comment on AI lap time consistency at Melbourne on a 40% race, short weekend. (on intermediate difficulty).
In practice I set a lap time in the 1:29s and finished 17th. In Qualifying I did a 1:27 for pole while Mark Webber (2nd on the grid) posted a 1:29. Then in the race the AI seemed to be lapping in the 1:26 range which is unrealistic considering they couldn't get near it in a light car in Qualifying.

Probably because of the lower difficulty.. Everything works perfect on Legend.

In a race. The AI keep braking late and going deep at the 4th corner (first corner of the first chicane) and then they go wide trying to hit the apex of the next corner and end up in the gravel.

MONZA

Race pace is good except the AI brake slightly too early for parabolica and it makes an easy overtaking opportunity for me

Started a 50% at catalunya and the AI are pretty quick but they are all over the place. Especially they take too much speed into the corner before the final chicane and the final chicane. They then try to get back on the racing line and get in everyone's way.

Monza? The first chicane.. After the long straight? Where you drive with 340++ km/h? Or the next one?

At a 50% race they gain about 2 seconds laptime from start to the finish.
When they set 1:22,9 with a light car and not finished tiyres, the will go around 1:24 high to 1:25 at the beginning.

I was talking about 100% races. I don't remember if he said 50 or 100% actually.. But obviously my bad. Sorry.. :D
40%

I guess I might have to go against the recommendations and use a set up to try and catch up.
I did finish 9th in the race (would have been higher if not for a stupid penalty and a couple of minor mistakes).

It's actually too fast. Little "secrets" like giving some extra horse power to the AI is pure cheating. When making the AI quick its ok, it's consistent, it's aggressive but 1.22 high race in Melbourne is too much. I don't know if that was intended, but the mod is only playable and tested on Legend? Why? The difference between Legend and Professional is around 4 seconds. I wish it was made that way:
Legend - 1.22 high Melbourne
Professional - 1.23 high
Intermediate - 1.25
Amateur - 1.26 high

Instead of putting all the effort in making the AI so quick that only you can actually outpace it, it is better to have a consistent AI throughout all the circuits with 4 different difficulties instead of one hiper-super-fast-AI that only you can catch.

It's actually too fast. Little "secrets" like giving some extra horse power to the AI is pure cheating. When making the AI quick its ok, it's consistent, it's aggressive but 1.22 high race in Melbourne is too much. I don't know if that was intended, but the mod is only playable and tested on Legend? Why? The difference between Legend and Professional is around 4 seconds. I wish it was made that way:
Legend - 1.22 high Melbourne
Professional - 1.23 high
Intermediate - 1.25
Amateur - 1.26 high

Instead of putting all the effort in making the AI so quick that only you can actually outpace it, it is better to have a consistent AI throughout all the circuits with 4 different difficulties instead of one hiper-super-fast-AI that only you can catch.

The BHP added isn't for AI pace. I've made it because of a lot different purpose.

1) big gap between top teams and mid teams
2) more overtakes in the corners and less on the straights = better battles

I tried to close the gaps between difficulties but I couldn't find where to do that. And the little "secrets" wouldn't be secrets if every1 could know them. They're not even related to the database. Anyways, I'm doing my best. If I find a way - be sure that I'll instantly lower the difference between the difficulties.

I was talking about the 2nd chicane at monza sorry kristian. just wondering, have you changed anything which would increase the speed of the AI down the straights, they seem to be alot faster than me although it might just be me using the default setup

I was talking about the 2nd chicane at monza sorry kristian. just wondering, have you changed anything which would increase the speed of the AI down the straights, they seem to be alot faster than me although it might just be me using the default setup

Yes. I've added 50 BHP to the top teams. But I don't really see that big difference. I'm still faster than them in default setup + slipstream... :D

Kristiannn - do you look at the lap times in Qualifying and the Race on F1's official website?

Out of curiosity, I checked the times from Melbourne since (from what I recall) 1:22. high seemed too quick. Vettel's pole lap was 1:23.529 and Hamilton (2nd) 1:24.307 and so on. So realistically the 1:23.5 area should be near the maximum lap time that can be achieved in the game on Melbourne. I haven't checked the other circuits yet.

Personally, it's not a big deal to me. I really enjoy your mod but just wanted to bring it to the table in case it gets addressed in the future. Thanks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.