kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

@Zyklon: The lap times in game was way too fast due to very low air pressure and lack of Aerodynamical Grip the Cm needs to fix this there is nothing kristianntn can do about it
If you checked singapore the lap times will drop by 8 to 10 sec mate

Oh wow, I didn't know that about Singapore. That sucks. I actually spoke with a Community Manager from CM in regarding the issues of the game.

"I was wondering if you have people on your team who look for feedback from RaceDepartment? They probably have the best and most knowledgeable sim racers. I highly recommend you look into their forums - specifically the A.I. mods. I can present you some good feedback if needs be. I hope you guys will fix the games issues/bugs and make 2012 the game we hope it to be. Thanks."

Reply:

Yes, the community team and developers regularly read the race dept forums and pass on the feedback posted there. I'm also in regular email contact with the race dept admins Robin and Bram.

Regards,
Helios
Community Manager

The lap times are like this because of the too much grip and too low drag.

If I release a version without the BHP's the order will get... Bad... I mean.. You'll see McLarens at the back and Renaults at the front for example and such things. I think it's good now. You just need to become better at the corner exit. If you exit the corner good - you won't have any problems at all. I don't know how you drive but many people make the mistake of breaking way too late and having a terrible corner exit which is bad. Just balance it and that's it.. :D

I tested a 3 lap race in Valencia with Hamilton
I was second about 3-4sec behind Alonso. His fastest lap was 35,0(35,8 me) with standard setup, the AI was too fast in race, in qualifiying they were perfect. Maybe I have to do qualy without setup and then a little setup modification for the race...or Fernando is faster than mee dont know haha..
This AI level should work in a started career?

Yes. I've added 50 BHP to the top teams. But I don't really see that big difference. I'm still faster than them in default setup + slipstream... :D

Yes, I agree, you've done a great job, but adding 50 BHP to top teams is making the battle unrealistic. As I said, it's better 1 second slower on Legend (I'm talking only for Legend) in every track than forcing the AI to cheat even more apart from out of sight bug. It's really really quick now, most of the guys can't handle it. The biggest problem for me with CM's original AI post patch 1.2 is that it was very inconsistent. For example the pace in Melbourne is good with original files but in India its too low. If you could only give them some pace and make them consistent throughout the calendar that would have been enough. No need for 50 bhp to make them eat you on the straights. Could you please release a version that will consume 5 minutes for your time and set the engine power as it was. I will really appreciate this, if I could do it myself, I would. If you give me some instructions about how it could be done I will also appreciate it.
Cheers.

The lap times are like this because of the too much grip and too low drag.

If I release a version without the BHP's the order will get... Bad... I mean.. You'll see McLarens at the back and Renaults at the front for example and such things. I think it's good now. You just need to become better at the corner exit. If you exit the corner good - you won't have any problems at all. I don't know how you drive but many people make the mistake of breaking way too late and having a terrible corner exit which is bad. Just balance it and that's it.. :D

Why is this going to happen then? Isn't it the cars that should be different along with driver skills?

Why is this going to happen then? Isn't it the cars that should be different along with driver skills?

Yes but it seems the BHP is what mostly matters. Anyways, it's 4 AM so I just can't do it now. If you find an original DATABASE folder or download the one from V1.0 of my mod and copy everything from ai_engine_power_per_tier to the database you use now. If you can't do it - write you can't and I'll upload it as soon as I'm able to open my eyes more than 1%... :D

man, 50 BHP makes alot of difference, especially after the first chicane at MONZA, the AI Have ridiculous speed coming out of that chicane..

Kristiann your mod is good i raced at india and ai is fastly and if you develop first lap performance its will be perfect other thing is don't do a lot of gap in tiers make more rival for fight for the their place for example 2011 Hungary 5 cars fought for 9th places good woork

Hahah :)
No problem kristiannn I'll try this asap and see if it is really messed up. You could be right and also it doesn't affect cornering speed but affects the exit/acceleration/top speed of AI cars, of this I'm pretty much sure.
One idea for separating the teams - could you, for example, leave the current pace for to 3 teams, and as you go down, start slowing them up until you reach tier 5. When you reach it see whats the gap between the last 3 teams and the midfield and make them 3-5 seconds slower. I know the pace will not be so quick overall but will be consistent for all tracks and there will be no added BHP to boost them. Everything should be in the cornering speed/braking points. I know you are almost on the limit of what AI can do. I know, you will lose 1-1.5 seconds of their pace but they will still be that consistent on all tracks and everybody will be able to find their sweet spot either with default setups or any other way. Thank you. Cheers!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.