Kart Racing

Dude, I have seen starts but this is INSANE. What caind of Amatures are this drivers. The standing starts saves lots of lifes comepare to the roling.

Anyhow the KF classes are slow compare to the Rotax Max senior.

If you look at 8.30 and on, I had exacly the same crash on my first race on a cup called MKR on the finals and I was the one that had the kart jumping on to me. I was so mad that day because I was in 6th place and close to 5th so I could move from the 1st Final to the 2nd Final.

yeah i was practicing in april of 2008 at this test track and i was practicing with a kid i know and a mini max kid comes up and passes me (i was in a slower class around the speed of a yamaha sportsman) and gets to the inside of the kid and stays there and we get into a hard corner after a straight and my friend turned into him and started flipping in the air. i went to the outside that corner to avoid the wreck then i come out of the corner and here's him flying in the air upside down and lands on my back. knocks the wind out of me and my friend got hurt and he was 8 and hardly races anymore because of it. sad

Anyhow the KF classes are slow compare to the Rotax Max senior.

Nope they are actually faster due to their unrestricted engines (Rotax is sealed while KF classes can do whatever they want with their engines).
Comparing Rotax Max Senior and Junior with KF3 in Uddevalla this weekend the KF3 were 1-2 seconds quicker than the others.
The qualification times:
KF3: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1629032
Senior Max: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1629058
Junior Max: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1629061

And KF2 is even faster and so is Super KF.
Sadly KF3 sees many serious accidents due to 13 year olds that are way too young to be driving them makes immature decisions, the big crashes in the video is the KF3 class (they drive without front brakes in KF3)

sure it is lighter. senior is faster but brakes earlier. senior guys are like fabio orsolom, pierre luc-quellet, and dan wheldon. jamie macmurray (nascar) races aswell. juniors you got nick neri, pietro fittipaldi (grandson of emerson), matt perry, and more.

Guys, you are messing things a bit, it use to be like this: KZ>KF>=X30=RMS=DD2>JUNIOR.

The diference between X30, Rotax Max Senior and DD2 depends on the circuits, as inslow circuits it is the X30 taking adventage, when in fast tracks the DD2 is clearly faster and the Rotax Max Senior is more or less like the X30. The RMJunior is slower.

The KFs use to be faster than the Rotax, depending the track, but as Fred said always aroun 1 or 2 sec faster.

By the way, senior and junior are diferent minimum weight in regulations, at my place 165 kgs Rotax Max and 155 Junior.

LOL @ minute 7:30 on that video.... this is INSANE as Giorgos said. Half the grid is camping at that runoff. :D

This video is realy showing the bad side of WSK.
If T1 was a hairpin we would probably see drivers letterly flying of the track and some losing breaking there necks or backs or any other part that would not be able to heal.

The official CIK Championships perhaps but not WSK because it isn't big enough.
CIK used cameras in the world championship last year on every kart and handed out penelty's which was very hard but good for the sport if the reality looks like that in the 'big' races.
(video has been removed from youtube)

I would not even Care for qualifing in last place because I know that 5-10 (maybe 15 if I ma lucky) will crash and go ofroad so I will gain LOTS of possisions and maybe the slower drivers will be left :D

Other wise Pole and second place would be importent if you want to finish the race.

oh yeah. one race i was starting 7 and after 2 corners i was in 4th and right behind 3rd and almost was able to make a move but the guys behind me kept messing me up so i fell back and almost finished 5th but ran into a kart with 3 corners to go.

well i just came back from a little local series race at ocala (i showed the track on this page somewhere) in a rotax junior and proved myself something. only 5 karts but one was a mini max national champ and the other came 4th in the grand nationals this year in junior.
first practice i was very loose and couldn't control it. next practice was the same way. it was very hot and on a track that finished being repaved in october. qualifing we changed sprokets (rear driver) and was a lot faster but still loose. leader made a 31:6 and i ran a 32:5.

before the pre-final the leader's dad (kid a good friend of mine) and helped us out a bunch. he told us a couple things. he told me to put the tire pressure up and if it's loose in the exit move the tires back. pre-final we only changd tire pressure and had a good beginning. hanged on for the first 2 laps when the started to leave me down the straight and through the exit of the corner. we moved the tires out after and changed the jet to a higher jet. knew if we did this i would have a good race.

came down to the final and had a decent start. came out 4th right behind the leaders. kart ran great and was hanging with them a little better in the straight. the 2nd place kart was very loose (4th in grand nationals for rotax) and lost a spot and gave me a chance. she got it figured out and i was right with her. sadly mistakes at the end cost me the race.

if i learned anything it is that i'm as good as the guys ahead but their equipment is way better and we need to work on it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.