Kart Racing

YES, I made the 17th Fastest lap on a indoor karting club at Hammarby in Stockholm. It was my second overall run on that track with the karts that they have and I managed a 35.71 while the recond is at 34.64. They have a 4 stroke engine and it was so hard to read compare to a 2 stroke like the racing gokart's.

Fredrik I bet you cant get near my lap time.
Next time I will be on top of that list because I discovered a new technic on using the kart in order to gain more times out of the corners.

don't know that theory. here's the track.:
ocala.jpg
very very easy track. not as easy as the last one.

Alright mate, if you want to be as quick as those Aliens in your Cup/Championship. You most learn the 40:60 theory.

Well this Theory is a basic theory that all pro's in the Rotax Max Challange know.
To begin with, you will need 4 EXACLY the same scales to calculate the weigth of your kart and you with in it. Those weigths will be places under each wheel.

Now once all your 4 wheels are the the center of each scale start to write how much the kart weigth is on each scale. Then take your racing stuff on you, the helmet and other things and seat on the cheer. So your dad writes how much weigth each scale has. (RIMEMBER to not have the extrla weigths on the cheer because you will place them after you make the calculations)

Now you most calculate how meny % of the weigth is on the front part of the car and how much is on the rear part of the car. Then you will have to add the extra weigth's to get 40% of the TOTAL weigth of the kart on the front part of the kart and 60% on the rear part of the kart.

You most also have 50% of the total weigth in the left and right side of the kart too so make sure you do that because once you are done, your grip will improve and your braking will be most better wich means you can carry more speed into the corners.
You should go on google and look about that but I am sure that both David and Fredrik knows about this (if they dont then they are bigger noobs then I thought).

Now to the lovely track.
What layout are you using because it's very hard to tell with thils meny layouts. Btw I realy recommend to make as less lap as possible at the first practice because the sand (if that is sand on the picture) will eat your tyres preaty badly but if you have practice tyres and race tyres then use the practice tyres and dont care about the tyre wear that much.

nope it actualy grass. there's so many layouts. the ones used the most is with the sweeper the first corner and it uses the chicane and hairpins and the other is going the same way but without the hairpins.

well i figured out how what my problem was with my motor. the carb. i was racing at a track with a super long straight (basicaly that's the entire track) and every time i go to the sweeping carasel right before it they leave me by i beleive a second. i ran different classes both days on the same kart and carb and both did terrible. i got beat by a newbie because he had 14000 rpms and i only got 13000. i didn't have breaks either through the races and i was still faster than several guys in the turns.
i figured out that on firday i went wide in a 90 degree corner that was banked so i went off the track and into a pile a dirt. i come back on the track and started dying but i was able to make it to the pits. we come in and there was dirt in the air filter. we cleaned it up and acidently my dad put mineral spirits on the break pads (you spray it on the berings and they can fly right on the break pads so you have no breaks) and we race the next 2 days and couldn't go. i realized that the only way that happened is dirt got into the carb.
i'll get into the carb soon but i'm sure that's why.

yep. i'm ready to beat a national champ at his game. btw giorgos, work on braking. make sure you hit it hard enough you don't lock the brakes but hit it hard enough you can get on gas quicker. also when you turn lock your arm and don't always turn really hard. just go with the flow of the track i should say. way i lock my arm (haven't try it yet but tried it on here :) ) i push on the wheel so i can lock it because i'm like 6 feet tall.

hm...When I brake I use diffirent braking style depenting on the corner I am going for. If it's a slow corner after a LONG straight I brake hard and the start but I quickly leave the presure that I have on the brake pedal and push it with half the presure that I was using, in that way I never block the tires plus I know that I can brake harder if I want to make a move. It's easier to control the kart when you are going to calculate and carry more speed into the corner.

Now that I was driving the 4 stroke engines I wonder if I should be pressing the gas pedal a little bit when I am ment ot brake hard and take a 180 degree corner just so I will have more RPM's when I exit wich means a better acceleration.

Btw now that I think about acceleration, do you know between how meny RPM's your engine is ment to have when you exit a slow corner in order to have the best Acceleration your engine can give you?
In Yamaha I think it was 5000-6000 RPM's, So if you have a divice on your wheel to watch the RPM's then look at it once you just exit a corner. But you should first google some info about your motor type.

giorgos wsk is a world karting series and uses kf classes (kf2, kf3, etc.). it has a euro series, north american series, masters series, nations cup, and a grand finals. how you get into the grand finals idk because you're going around the world and you can't take a kart around the world besides buying one every time because it has sorts of chassis. probably you give them a chassis and they have it at the race track. here's a link: http://www.wskarting.it/ and i got a vid.
don't have a kf3 so i won't run. btw turn it to 3:10 and see the craziest crash ever

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back