Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

My friend who ran karts competitively and later became a instructor says that KRP is the software used in their kart training, as also in other dedicated facilities. It's the game with the most development too but if you're willing to dish out another twenty bucks, you get GP Bikes and World Racing Series which also offers loose surface support.

That seems like a great testimonial if it's being used for real training. I'm quite surprised I've never come across this sim before, seems like it's right up my alley. Did your friend comment on how it compared to racing real karts? I must look into this title, thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Of all the simulators Piboso is currently (forever?) working on, KRP is hardly the most underappreciated. The ones getting the least love are MX Bikes and World Racing Series. But even GP Bikes, that started it all, only recently is getting the amount of updates closer to what it deserves.

• Deleted member 205301

i've been running this title since many years (2012 I think...)
It's a cool game, but , (cause there is a "but"), online racing is ....dead :(
I use to run x30 master, and had many years on other go-kart categories (national 125, kfs, etc..), and, no, this title isn't as real as it seems...but without other stuff to compare (got the closed beta kart kraft, but it's not better, and ams or rfactor2 karting are just for "fun") it's still the reference.
I hope one day RD will make some club racing with KRP, without it, i still have to run alone, without anybody to fight (no ai).
Great to see that Piboso is still working on it.
@++

I tried this "sim", but its hard to call it a sim, since I can hardly drive it. When approaching the turn, the kart doesn`t wanna turn, but then suddenly I spin (it turns too much). And no grip in turns, kart goes just straight. I tried all kinds of different wheel settings, but no luck so far. I have an old Momo force (red one) from Logitech st. whee.
Is this how it is, or there can be done something?

is it when you brake? i've found that the brake pressure or gamma on the brake pedal axis you have to dial in some setting so it doens't spin because it locks the rear tires. if it's while turning, with the old momo which has like 240 degrees, it shouldn't happen with ease. but it has to be something about the linearity of the settings, try playing within the axis setup, try advanced settings

Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 5.jpg

Highly detailed karting simulation Kart Racing Pro has been released by PiBoSo today on Steam, adding the little known title to the largest PC games platform on the market.

Designed by a highly talented one man team, Kart Racing Pro "aim(s) to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options". What's more, the title is highly moddable and benefits from plenty of community built add-on tracks, plus full Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Open VR support!

Steam Release Changelog:
  • fix: memory optimizations
  • fix: controllers calibration bug
  • fix: challenge
  • fix: radiator cover in replays
  • fix: helmet acceleration
  • fix: plugins acceleration
  • new: support for an external mod folder
  • new: engine limiter sound support
  • new: "very high" network connection setting
  • new: Launcher
  • new: MS Kart
  • new: Karting Genk

About the game
  • integrated matchmaking server to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.
  • automotive industry-standard tyre model
  • chassis flex simulation
  • dynamic track surface groove buildup
  • wet track simulation and dynamic drying
  • dynamic marbles generation
  • tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
  • user-selectable driver gestures
  • output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
  • a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
  • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
  • support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
  • full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, ... and integrate them with the provided tools
  • Oculus Rift and HTC Vive ( SteamVR ) support.
  • FreeTrack support
  • TrackIR support
  • EDTracker support

Kart Racing Pro is available now on Steam for £29.99.

Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 1.jpg
Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 2.jpg
Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 3.jpg
Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 4.jpg
Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 6.jpg

Check out the soon to be added Kart Racing Pro sub forum for news, discussions and mods for this excellent karting simulation.

Does the move to Steam make Kart Racing Pro an attractive purchasing proposition for you? Have you tried the game yet? Current owner of the title, if so what are your experiences? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I don't think there are enough kart racing fans to warrant the cost. If the developers really wanted the game to make an impact, it needs to be priced 30-50% cheaper. I wish the developers the best, but don't see this being a profitable game with a big enough community to keep it going.

I don't think there are enough kart racing fans to warrant the cost. If the developers really wanted the game to make an impact, it needs to be priced 30-50% cheaper. I wish the developers the best, but don't see this being a profitable game with a big enough community to keep it going.
Are they more than 1 developer now? Was always one guy making everything. And the driving in this is awesome. Far from arcade.

I agree about the price, but maybe the game is just a showcase for the developer. It's a way to give their tech some traction and explore the market while recovering a bit of the investment.

Are they more than 1 developer now? Was always one guy making everything. And the driving in this is awesome. Far from arcade.
I'm not sure. I was saying "developers" as an all encompassing term.

I agree about the price, but maybe the game is just a showcase for the developer. It's a way to give their tech some traction and explore the market while recovering a bit of the investment.
If its a tech demo, then the price is certainly too steep. Testing your tech is better served via Early Access where you charge less money, but with more frequent updates (like NextCarGame: Wreckfest).

After further investigation, I'm convinced this game is way too expensive. There is no way to race in single player mode...its a hot lapping game unless you want / can play online. I realize AC is view this way by many, but at least you have the option to race the AI (as bad as it seems sometimes).

I tried to use my KRP activation code in steam and it wont let me..it says its invalid.
Any body else been able to do this.. as i'm not buying the game again i already own all the Piboso stuff.
For me its the best kart game out there even with its limited offline functions, ie no AI
just hope they have sorted the online code as that also let it down more times than i can remember..
But i have not been online with this game for a good couple of years so fingers crossed

Every body seems to like karts but when ever we do them at RD we have, within a couple of weeks nobody signs up for the events. Even though they probably produce some of the best close racing you can have..
maybe we need a actual karting club to run along side the normal racing club :)

May be good but pricey as hell. Many options available even if they are not as "pro" as this with karts.

Don't see it selling big costing more than 15€, but I hope it goes as great as it can for the developer.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.