Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

one man show.. wonder where all the 'simulation value' preachers are. oh, probably graphics arent good enough

Mate, dont you know that the 'simulation value' experts are only truly experts in GT3 and F1 cars... Due to their vast real world experience being in the real car while being top drivers in major series? Oh, and you cannot discount all of their engineering work while simultaneously driving those cars!

They cannot possibly be simulation value experts on karts, those are for children! :rolleyes:

Mate, dont you know that the 'simulation value' experts are only truly experts in GT3 and F1 cars... Due to their vast real world experience being in the real car while being top drivers in major series? Oh, and you cannot discount all of their engineering work while simultaneously driving those cars!

They cannot possibly be simulation value experts on karts, those are for children! :rolleyes:
That's why even F1 drivers take out their karts off season. Because it's friggin awesome.

Just a question, not trying to start a fight.
What can it do that AMS can't do yet?
I'm perfectly satisfied with karts in AMS so I'm just wondering...
Karts in AMS are already quite realistic, to say the least...:confused:
I do know that there'll be rain too, right?:unsure:

From what I know (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) the physics/game engine AMS uses is still based around a suspension based model. Whereas of course a kart doesn't have suspension it's chassis flexes instead. That's what sims like this one and KartKraft are hoping to re-produce in their physics model.

Of course a lot of us are probably not too bothered as long as the driving experience is good (like you mention in AMS).

From a physics and accuracy point of view though Kart Racing Pro and KartKraft will be better.

....and yes this sim has dynamic weather in it.

I tested the beta several times throughout the years and it always feelt fantastic. AMS is great but Piboso's karting felt even better. Sounds were great as well. And i havent tested it in quite a while now so i imagine its even better now. I remember the speed feeling was awesome which made you grip the wheel hard. :) Leaning forward is not auto, you have a button for it. Most things are adjustable/activated through the driver. Bunch of settings on the engine as well (idle etc). Cant wait to check it out when it goes live.

• Deleted member 130869

A friend of mine worked at a karting center in England and the training school runs KRP.

Kart Racing PRO 3.jpg

The latest beta of Kart Racing PRO has been released, bringing the game up to version 16 and adding a large number of features and fixes to this underrated simulation.

I'm admittedly a little late to the table on this one as the beta build 16 released a few days ago, however it has been worth the wait as PiBoSo has produced an impressive list of fixes and feature additions to the title with this most recent build release.

New for beta 16 comes HTC Vive VR support for the first time, adding to the already very solid support for the Oculus Rift headset present in the game these last few months. Additional feature addition highlights include TrackIR improvements and new controller profiles, plus further LAN functionality.

As well as adding several new features to the simulation the latest build update also includes a raft of fixes to outstanding issues found within earlier releases. Now players can benefit from further refinements to the track cutting penalties, considerable online multiplayer improvements and further work towards reducing the number of tyre simulation bugs amongst other items list below.

Kart Racing PRO is in my opinion a massively under appreciated simulation, and with the latest build it looks as if the modding friendly title has taken yet another step forward in quality.

Beta Build 16 Release Notes
  • fix: tyre simulation bugs
  • fix: improved steer simulation
  • fix: multiplayer improvements
  • fix: server restart
  • fix: web servers browser clients list
  • fix: dedicated server replay save split by session
  • fix: track cutting penalty
  • fix: white and chequered flags
  • fix: race manager bug
  • fix: replay bugs
  • fix: replay rotation
  • fix: replay gear
  • fix: remote karts gear
  • fix: reflections bug
  • fix: reflections and shadows optimization
  • fix: specular + shadow rendering path
  • fix: blending + bump rendering path
  • fix: memory usage optimization
  • fix: dynamic track surface optimizations
  • fix: plugins rendering bug
  • fix: garage compare setup
  • fix: setup change bug
  • fix: testing mode crash with missing testing.ini
  • fix: trackside cameras bug
  • fix: number of centerline segments
  • fix: removed limits on the number of tracks, karts, helmets, intakes, dashes, paints
  • fix: bodywork selection saved for each kart
  • fix: helmet selection saved for each driver
  • fix: paint selection saved for each kart, intake, helmet and dash
  • fix: improved controller profiles support
  • fix: visor wipe delay
  • fix: VR user interface list boxes
  • new: remote karts visible in pits, too
  • new: remote karts visible in the pits when not on track
  • new: LAN direct connect
  • new: controls linearity over 100%
  • new: controls state
  • new: misc controllers profiles
  • new: IK links debug
  • new: TrackIR support
  • new: HTC Vive support
Designed, built and maintained by the incredibly talented PiBiSo, Kart Racing PRO is a realistic kart racing simulation game exclusively for PC. The game can be purchased directly from the Kart Racing PRO website.

Kart Racing PRO 2.jpg
Kart Racing PRO 4.jpg
Kart Racing PRO.jpg

Check out our many sub forums that cover a wide selection of sim racing games across all different gaming platforms. From Forza to Formula One, from rFactor to European Truck Simulator 2, we have you covered!

Have you tried Kart Racing PRO? What do you think of the game? Do you like the new updates? Does the handling feel comparable to real life racing karts in your opinion? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

So it's good? I'm not sure I even knew it existed until this article.

My friend who ran karts competitively and later became a instructor says that KRP is the software used in their kart training, as also in other dedicated facilities. It's the game with the most development too but if you're willing to dish out another twenty bucks, you get GP Bikes and World Racing Series which also offers loose surface support.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.