Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

Kart Racing Pro 2.jpg

Exceptionally talented developer PiBoSo has finally confirmed his professionally developed karting simulator Kart Racing Pro will be making the jump to the Steam platform on June 30th 2016.

Kart Racing Pro has been in development already for quite some and already shows many desirable features for a modern fully fleshed out racing simulator.

With dynamic track rubber and wet weather rain effects as well as a desire to realistically capture the many nuances of racing a variety of high performance racing karts, Kart Racing Pro has become for many the go to choice of racing game for those with an interest in motorsports entry level series.

Kart Racing Pro is fully moddable and already has a wealth of user created content available to download alongside the PiBoSo created content that comes with the launch version of the title.

With classes KF1 (125 cc, 16,000rm), KF3 (125cc, 14,000rpm), KZ1 (125cc geared), FS250 (250cc, 13,000rpm), F100 (100cc) and Mini 60 rental cars alongside 4 officially circuits (with literally hundreds of mod addon tracks) Kart Racing Pro is a well established and highly polished karting simulator for Windows PC.

Steam Greenlight Trailer

Dynamic Drying Track WIP
------------------------------------------------
Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported.

Kart Racing Pro also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.

Features:
  • automotive industry-standard tyre model
  • chassis flex simulation
  • dynamic track surface groove buildup
  • wet track simulation and dynamic drying
  • dynamic marbles generation
  • tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
  • user-selectable driver gestures
  • output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
  • a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
  • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
  • support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
  • full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, ... and integrate them with the provided tools

Keep an eye out on the upcoming Kart Racing Pro sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, features, downloads and racing events. Coming soon!

Kart Racing Pro 3.jpg Kart Racing Pro 4.jpg Kart Racing Pro.jpg

Have you played Kart Racing Pro already? How do you think the title compares to other racing sims? Could this game be a rival to the upcoming KartKraft? Will you be tempted to purchase the game now it's coming to Steam? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Bet it's gonna cost an arm and a leg. Small time developers are always pricey on steam. Except for BeamNG.Drive. That one is more than reasonably priced.
It's 33 euro on their website. I'm downloading it now. It seems to be the game is a demo, then you unlock more stuff through a key.

pretty stupid move from Piboso.
To come out this late with the Steam version.. because if Kartkraft is any good then KRP will never be played anymore..

I've got KRP for quite a while now and its pretty realistic but its still has those pumped up
Rfactor looks.

Kart Kraft it is

Having driven some gokarts in Automobilista recently, and the fact i couldnt let them for whole day, speaks volumes. Cannot wait for this one.

If you've already bought the game do you get a steam key for free? I think this was €15 when I bought it.

Spent a lot of time in this sim hot lapping, kept messing up the starts in online races though.

KR Pro Screenshot.jpg

Talented game designed PiBoSo has updated karting simulation Kart Racing Pro to version 15b, adding a host of fixes and improvements including improved support for Oculus Rift users.

Alongside the new Rift enhancements and usual game fixes, version 15b also brings to the simulation a new circuit in the form of the 2016 layout for Lonato. Kart Racing Pro currently has 26 different karts and four tracks as part of the standard content offering. However with the game engine able to support community modding, plenty of additional tracks and vehicles are available to download via the Kart Racing Pro forum.

PiBoSo has confirmed work on new and updated karts and on improved netcode is in progress ready for a full version 1 release soon.

Changelog:
  • fix: chassis simulation
  • fix: aerodynamic simulation
  • fix: tyres' physics data
  • fix: race gap calculation
  • fix: track animations timer
  • fix: kart selection page optimization
  • fix: allow for a separate track layout image
  • fix: screen resolution setting
  • fix: plugins sprites color
  • fix: plugins calls when loading a replay
  • fix: input plugins POV support
  • fix: updated to Oculus SDK 1.3.x
  • fix: user interface background
  • new: karts default setups support
  • new: garage wheels load and ride height readouts
  • new: compare setups option
  • new: fixed setup option
  • new: default controller profiles support
  • new: intake paint support
  • new: dash paint support
  • new: option to force the rolling start
  • new: wing support
  • new: moving wing support
  • new: shared skies support
  • new: random skies support
  • new: support for dash flashing led
  • new: driver and camera set selection from plugin
  • new: vsync setting
  • new: MyChron5 dash
  • new: Lonato 2016
Changelog 15b:
  • fix: joystick calibration bug

Steam Greenlight Trailer:

Kart Racing Pro is currently at Steam Greenlight status, and will be available on the Steam store in the coming weeks. Check out the Kart Racing Pro steam page here.

Those of you who want to get in on the action earlier can download the game demo directly from the Kart Racing Pro website. Upgrades to a full game licence can be purchased from the site.

Kart Racing Pro 2.jpg Kart Racing Pro 4.jpg Kart Racing Pro 5.jpg Kart Racing Pro 6.jpg Kart Racing Pro 7.jpg Kart Racing Pro 8.jpg Kart Racing Pro.jpg

Do you own Kart Racing Pro? What do you think of the game? Does the increased VR support make this title appeal more to those of you who don't already own it? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Yeah I'd give this shot if the price is about right.

I like the premise that this is based as much on simulation as possible, so allowing real kart racers to maybe learn tracks or play around with settings before they race at circuits for the first time.

I know it's never going to be 100% real life but it's an interesting approach as it broadens it's market from just those who want a simcade style sim.

Hopefully it will drive like a real kart throughout the entire envelope.
That's something no other game developer has done to date.
As someone who started in basic karts and progressed all the way to 250cc shifters, I've yet to drive a virtual model which feels anything like the real kart while cornering.
Most of the one already represented feel okay on the straights but the corner feel is severely lacking.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back