Junior teams, no other solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's worth exploring the idea of having an "extra" competition for junior teams. But not to exclude junior team from the over-all standings.

And I think will be bad for B teams to be segregated from the "main" race, I suppoose this guys want to race toguether with their teammates and with top drivers, and not in a second divission.

And I think will be bad for B teams to be segregated from the "main" race, I suppoose this guys want to race toguether with their teammates and with top drivers, and not in a second divission.

I would not segregate them but create an extra "price/championship" for the Junior team. This way they can fight for overall and for best junior team.

There are also some restrictions to consider in the rules and regulations book about the B Teams, as this one:

"If there are "B" teams racing the series, they will have no right to chose a Home GP in the case the main team ends the season in the Top 6 aswell."

My personal opinion is that it is fair, because the other 6 teams on grid have no chance to have a Junior team on track, and they will not because the slots are limited to 13 teams.
What do you think about it?

At the moment Team GG (P7 on standings) took the right of having a home GP from Flat Out Junior (P6 on Standings), because Flat Out Club is in P4 aswell. I think it is fair this way.

There are also some restrictions to consider in the rules and regulations book about the B Teams, as this one:

"If there are "B" teams racing the series, they will have no right to chose a Home GP in the case the main team ends the season in the Top 6 aswell."

My personal opinion is that it is fair, because the other 6 teams on grid have no chance to have a Junior team on track, and they will not because the slots are limited to 13 teams.
What do you think about it?

At the moment Team GG (P7 on standings) took the right of having a home GP from Flat Out Junior (P6 on Standings), because Flat Out Club is in P4 aswell. I think it is fair this way.

I don't think its fair. Those guys did fight for the points like any other team. They where there each time and should be rewarded if they finish inside top 6.
Actually we didn't know and the junior saw it as an honour to fight for 6th place so they could choose a track. Now they loose that incentive.
What is the point then ? They don't fight for top 3 and thus they arn't mentioned altough they raced like anyone else. Don't take this away from them.

Infact the junior team is a team on its own. The main team can guide them but they have to do the driving. If they have earned the points to be able to pick a track i think they should be able to do it.

No i did understand you perfectly, but i think Xosé misunderstood, so repeated it in other words :)

I was just giving my impression about the idea of divide the series, I know John doesn't meant that :)

About the junior teams, it's true they race and it's true they are kind of independent, but they can also share setups and experience with main team, something that other small independent teams can't do.

Will be difficult to find a good solution... maybe that the first 5 teams in overall choose track and then the first of the juniors?. That could be part of the "prize" for the Junior challenge.

I was just giving my impression about the idea of divide the series, I know John doesn't meant that :)

About the junior teams, it's true they race and it's true they are kind of independent, but they can also share setups and experience with main team, something that other small independent teams can't do.

Will be difficult to find a good solution... maybe that the first 5 teams in overall choose track and then the first of the juniors?. That could be part of the "prize" for the Junior challenge.

Hey not bad. 2 strikes in 1 go. Do like this, good thinking :) . :clap:

As im new to this, i dont really understand the rules that were put in place at the start of last series but i believe that Top 6 were rewarded with picking a home track....is this fair to take the privelage away from the drivers that made it possible to finish in this position ...i think not. Rules are Rules and in my opinion they cannot be changed just like that.

Ok then, I was not in pro or aginst any of the ideas. But I see the point claer now.

Rule will be "TOP 6 Teams have right to choose a Home GP", being the same if it is Senior, Junior A or B or even my grandma´s team. :highfive:

That sounds fair to me.

They are their own team, they will be choosing their own cars (and possibly track if its agreed) the main team wont be able to vote for any junior choices, its all up to them. We may find that they follow the main team on car choice(maybe not) but obviously they can't do that with a home track.

The roster will be slightly changed this season, some of the Juniors guys will move up to the main team, and some new faces will hopefully take their place in the Juniors. (which means a few of the guys that fought hard to get the choice of a home track for the juniors, now wont get to pick it lol, but they get to vote on the main team stuff instead anyway) lol confusing

I don't think it's fair really, one team having TWO home GP's.... it could play to their advantage.. :th_sur: Yes it is one team as our Junior teams are really our own team unless they have their own name, forums, set-ups and everything else...

It don't make sense....The main teams home GP is also the Junior's team home GP...having another home GP just for Junior team means one team gets TWO home GP's and another main team loses out on a home GP.....

I would not be happy about it if it happens....

I agree with Damian and the origianl rule. The Junior teams are "just there to fill the grid up". At least that was the main reason they were created and of course we are extremely happy to have them!

Personally I am not keen on the Junior Cup or "all below 6th" is in a less importan cup, that is what it will look like to me. All teams races in the same league, one league, that is my view. Don't see the point of having two championships in one. There will always be differences between teams.

We pretty much have this now anyway, with the slower teams fighting to get the last place in the top 6. :).

There isn't necessarily a need to change the format or any of the rules though.

I agree, the junior teams where their to fill up the grid, but the rule does say the top 6 teams get to choose a home track for next season. It would be a shame if this was took away and i dont think Damian would have made such a strong comment if GMT's junior team had finished 6th or higher!

Well i don't like to hear that they where just to fill up the grid. Those guys did a great job. (i mean both junior teams) . And this is why i asked it in the first place.

I didn't start this to get an advantage or anything. As they will pick their track on their own. As far as i can see none of the home Races brought advantage to the respective teams. Fast guys where at the front as usual.

For me its just about paying respect to the teams and what they have achieved. If it was GMT-Fanatec i would have thought exactly the same. Who know they won't be finishing in the top 6 next time.

Anyway i don't want to make big deal out of it. In the end it doesn't make a big difference. It is just about giving some credit to those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back