It's rubbish compared to Netkar Pro

ok heres the deal. after spending 1hr on this game I got the settings right. and have decided its rubbish. I really cant see why the grids are full on the club racing. can we all just pick up our things and move to the netkar pro forum because that game is far far better in every respect. bring on Asetto corsa.

Finally us sim racers are in a wonderful time with all these great sim games out or soon to be released. For the most part I enjoy them all for what they are, and will play most. There will always be negative opinions for all great sims. It is what it is. All that matters is if you enjoy them. Thanks Reiza for a wonderful sim. Looking forward to many more projects.

The Camaro is the best car I've ever driven in any sim ever. Maybe this isn't the best criteria ever, but I started off trying to drive it around the course like I would do a showroom stock Camaro. By the fourth lap, all I cared about was how sideways I could get the car, because it behaved like a car should. For all the time I've spent racing sims, I've never been able to nail down the feeling of grip enough to have a go at trying to drift. With the Camaro it was, my lack of talent notwithstanding, simple. Mostly, because I could tangibly find the point where the grip was there and where it wasn't.

For me, GSC has accurate FFB, where nKP has nearly as accurate FFB, but way more intense FFB. And I'm sure that there is more potential for intensity hidden away in files which would be impossible to get to the bottom of with a normal wheel and and hour of playing time.

I'll have both Assetto Corse and all the Reiza offerings this year and live in sim racing bliss. And I'm a broke(literally, at the moment) college student, so don't tell me it isn't possible. Now if someone could make a sim with late 80's-early 90's F3000's, Indy Lights, FNippons, F-Atlantics and IndyCars. and an 80's IMSA GT mod. And a ton of other stuff. But hey, for now, I'll take what I can get.

Trackwise I predict they go like Reiza with their national backround primarily. Italian Club Circuits will be key, awesome little tracks like Vallelunga, Franciacorta, Verano, Pergusa and Misano and a few bigger ones.
I hope not. The Italian sub-international tracks don't serve the same purpose as the Brazilian ones. They won't have the same feel, except for Misano, and maybe Vallelunga.

ok heres the deal. after spending 1hr on this game I got the settings right. and have decided its rubbish..

LOL, what controller are you using?
If you have a G25/7, use 400-540 deg of rotation, and with the Camaro, use 22+ steering lock, also make sure all aids are off{I only use autoclutch}, if you can't appreciate how well that car drives, then there's something wrong somewhere, but not with the game.

GSC 2012 and rf2 are the top sims IMO, and regardless of the charm of netkar, the GFX and sound aren't at GSC standard.

b85 of rf2 stopped me playing netkar, but GSC 2012 would do it as well.

I have to admit that the Formula Classic is awesome. Maybe I didn't use the best words earlier. I never really meant this game was rubbish. Just In my opinion netkar was better.
after doing some more running (I gave it a chance) the formula classic is really good. sorry for the negative post reiza. good job on this. and im sure as i learn to set up the other cars it will get better. I look forward to partaking in some classic races though.

Stock Cars: 540deg, 17-22 lock : before i use this settings

now i'm with 310deg and 14 lock. For me It's more like this video :

netkar pro has no v8 , both are very nice sims. I love this gsc v8 and 2012 cockpit :) ... and netkar pro openwheel cars.

For me GSC is hands down the best sim that is not beta and out now as a finished product. The graphics when maxed out with SSAA on in triple screens is astoundingly good. You almost can't believe they managed to squeeze this much detail out of the GM2 engine. Most impressive on the graphics side, though, is the masterful modelling, texturing and lighting. These guys at Reiza are seriously talented. To really see how high fidelity GSC is compared to even the very best Rfactor mod/track combo, you need to have it in triple screens with a low FOV of 28 or lower (i use 24). In this scenario, all rfactor mods, especially the tracks, simply look inferior and by a really wide margin.

Oh yes, and the v8 handling is another similar story. Great progressive feeling from grip to sliding, the FFB is about as good as you can get (especially on a highish setting).

I just love this sim. It is scary to think what these guys will do if they licence the rF2 engine, because it is clear the talent at Reiza in both modeling/visuals and physics is possibly superior to any other company out there today, and they can only get better.

I did the following test this past week:

I reinstalled my complete Simbin collection and did a few offline races, bought rFactor 2 and tried all the cars and all the tracks available (using medium graphics settings because my pc is not an ultra fast machine), and before that I had been focusing on running only iRacing the last few months.

Between every other race i did an offline race in GSC2012, mainly with the F3 and the Stock Cars, so basically i did a bunch of back to back laps with all those sims i mentioned ( i had also done a bunch of laps in netkar pro a couple months ago but decided to uninstall it - the ffb is great but there is no racing at all so thats no fun for me)...

Anyway, the result of my test is that i am not renewing my iRacing subscription when it expires next week, i requested a refund for rf2, and uninstalled everything by simbin.

GSC is simply the best racing sim/game for my particular taste. The combination of all the elements is hard to beat: Graphics, sounds, handling, tracks, AI etc. In my opinion after trying a bunch of sims i can say that GSC 2012 is the best option available at the moment.

Not trying to bash the other games and i know there are more on the way, but for now GSC is all i need. Cheers!

I never understand why people want to bring their selection down to just "the ultimate sim" and only play this game.

I have all games mentioned above installed as well and I enjoy them all. Every sim has something unique and as long as not all dev teams combine the best of their work into one super game I will keep playing and enjoying all of them :)

GSC is very good, but to request a refund on rF2 is just a bit silly imo as that game will eventually offer a lot that GSC can't offer at the moment (rain, wind, huge selection of vehicles and tracks etc)

Just curious. Asking for a refund is that purely an economical decision?

I agree that GSC is the best option for a person like Adrian and most of the people.
About rf2 Bram,definatly yes if u live in Greece :(
I refunded too cause first i needed the money for AC(when it will be released) and second cause after 3 years w8ing rf2 i found flaws in physics(which are not easy to see for most of the people) and disapointed for the ffb in slow corners.(of course updates will come,but already time passed and i dont see "future" in these things..)

So for me,i have to decide very carefully where i will spend my money.
I wanted to keep rf2 but if ur nerd like me and money are important reason then yes.(i have to say that im thankfull for ISI that gave me the oportunity to test it and take my money back,very fair).
I also wanted to buy GSC but i didnt for the reason i said in a previous post(or in an other thread?dont remember).

But then again even if ur not living in Greece(which is known its economical situation),its not silly to ask for refund or dont buy something,this is good cause means that u think,u judge,u decide where ur money will go.U buy cause u like something for ur reasons,not cause others liked it or bought it.

I never understand why people want to bring their selection down to just "the ultimate sim" and only play this game.

I have all games mentioned above installed as well and I enjoy them all. Every sim has something unique and as long as not all dev teams combine the best of their work into one super game I will keep playing and enjoying all of them :)

GSC is very good, but to request a refund on rF2 is just a bit silly imo as that game will eventually offer a lot that GSC can't offer at the moment (rain, wind, huge selection of vehicles and tracks etc)

Just curious. Asking for a refund is that purely an economical decision?

I understand your perspective as well, let me try to expand on my points and reasoning, and try to answer your questions:

Why "the ultimate sim"?

The best analogy i can think of is learning to play an instrument. I can either learn how to play and get good at playing the drums, the guitar or singing. But not all at the same time. If you are not a gifted person you should probably focus on one at a time. To me it's similar to racing sims. I only have so much time i can devote to my hobby so i want to pick one game and try to get good at it. All of them can be fun, thats for sure, but if you are like me and would like to focus on one at a time, then why not pick the "best" of them for your particular taste? It is *my opinion* that GSC is the best *for me*.

The "best sim for me" at different moments has been: rfactor, iracing, gtr evo, nkpro, ferrari virtual academy, iracing.... Depending on what I am into at the particular moment.

I gave NASCAR & Indycar a try in iRacing.. super fun! but i suck at it... I did 1000 laps at Monaco with nKpro, there was a time i tried day and night to get close to Fernando Alonso's time on FVA, etc etc. But for now GSC is the one. I am a little burned out of online racing, I am tired of the same tracks for the past year... there are a bunch of reasons why I picked this one, and I am sure things will change later on when i upgrade my pc and new games and updates come along.

Regarding the refund for rf2; my PC (core2duo e7500 @ 3.4GHz and an nvidia gtx465) struggled to go above 45FPS on medium settings so things looked crappy to be honest. Poor reflections & shadows, stuttering at parts, force feedback felt horrible over the kerbs, cars looked "cartoony" etc. I fully understand the fault is my pc and not the game, I need a faster pc. So in the meantime why spend hundreds of dollars on gear to get the rf2 beta to run well, when I could just play that other sim that looks better, feels better and gives me more entertainment.. and I already own it and just got a massive update for free? That's why i decided to wait.

I look at it this way: Simbin is the glorious past of the ISI engine, GSC is the present and rF2 is the future, and the future looks great.. but I am not there yet. See what i mean? ;)

Also, my niece was having her 15 birthday this past weekend so i gave the $45 to her for her night out with her friends... seemed money better spent there instead of more video games.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.