iRacing's Upcoming Releases

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Let's keep a little thread going about what iRacing has in store for us in the (near) future. Some things have been announced, some targets have been rumoured and who knows what you have picked up in the darkest recesses of the net...

Below I will put up some things I find or found. Please post any news, rumours or hints below so one of the moderators can update this thread.

Cars
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • Lotus 49 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • RUF Rt12R - October 2012
  • Honda Civic BTCC - May/July 2013
  • Honda HSV-010 - May/July 2013
  • NASCAR Sprint Cup 2013 models - TBA
Tracks
  • Auto Club Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Hongaroring - Plans
  • Kansas Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Lukas Oil Raceway - In production
  • Rockingham Speedway - October 2012
  • Interlagos - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Miller Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • New Jersey Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • Long Beach - 2013
  • Oran Park Raceway - October 2012
  • Tsukuba Circuit - In production
  • Willow Springs - Scanned but on hold
Features
  • Crew chief & spotter functionality - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Driver swaps - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • DirectX 11 and x64 support - Long term project
  • Dirt and oil build up on windscreen - Side project
  • Enhanced sounds (DirectSound > XAudio2) - Groundwork in next build; the rest later
  • Exhaust fire - Side project
  • Teams - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Time transition - Long term and after DirectX 11
Your turn!

Motegi will be next out as far as road tracks go. I expect it to be in the coming build. Or sooner.

What i look forward to is that this will be the first road track with night lighting that don´t have most areas lit up.
Sebring it pretty dark but it has lights in a few corners and bridges across the track.

can´t wait for SPA to be full on night :) Day/night transitions i think will be beautiful, the Daytona afternoon lighting is just mindbogglingly good imo.

and don't forget my favourite: the planes coming in to Daytona airport, just love it when you are in the infield and out of the corner of your eye you see 'em. brilliantly authentic.

I was distracted in testing there watching the planes landing and I missed the breaking zone and crashed :). During the race I had to tell myself "don't watch the planes, don't watch the planes!"

I agree, we need more GTs to race with... and Nordschleife, I can't believe they havent scanned it yet. I'd be willing to pay 25 bucks just to be able to drive such an amazing circuit. I am European so I don't really understand their focus on oval racing (but I haven't tried it yet so I won't bi*ch about it). Players are quite right. We need to focus on getting closer and closer to reality - real flagmen, pit crew, better sound engine, driver swaps along with endurance racing, weather, changeable track conditions (dirty track, proper racing line), real start lights, various parts of cars on track after crashes... and there's the immersion factor too - real tow truck (not really possible), motion blur (very subtle), grass would be nice. And a possibility to test new cars before buying them. Improvements to NTM, smoke and so on. There's a lot to improve, but I'm quite sure they're gonna stick to oval racing, and road racers won't get as much as oval drivers.

I'd say they've not biased oval vs. road racing as much as they have biased American vs. non-American content. I think all sides will be served. Anyhow, let's focus on what is being released or what appears to be in the pipe line.

1157872.page

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back