iRacing's Upcoming Releases

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Let's keep a little thread going about what iRacing has in store for us in the (near) future. Some things have been announced, some targets have been rumoured and who knows what you have picked up in the darkest recesses of the net...

Below I will put up some things I find or found. Please post any news, rumours or hints below so one of the moderators can update this thread.

Cars
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • Lotus 49 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • RUF Rt12R - October 2012
  • Honda Civic BTCC - May/July 2013
  • Honda HSV-010 - May/July 2013
  • NASCAR Sprint Cup 2013 models - TBA
Tracks
  • Auto Club Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Hongaroring - Plans
  • Kansas Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Lukas Oil Raceway - In production
  • Rockingham Speedway - October 2012
  • Interlagos - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Miller Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • New Jersey Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • Long Beach - 2013
  • Oran Park Raceway - October 2012
  • Tsukuba Circuit - In production
  • Willow Springs - Scanned but on hold
Features
  • Crew chief & spotter functionality - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Driver swaps - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • DirectX 11 and x64 support - Long term project
  • Dirt and oil build up on windscreen - Side project
  • Enhanced sounds (DirectSound > XAudio2) - Groundwork in next build; the rest later
  • Exhaust fire - Side project
  • Teams - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Time transition - Long term and after DirectX 11
Your turn!

And the two cars are Honda Civic BTCC and Honda HSV-010.
https://twitter.com/#!/iracingmyers/status/199643947193208833

Honda-Civic-NGTC-Racer-full-photo.jpg

This one should be a lot of fun :)
honda_hsv_010.jpg

Ummmm
i'm one of them and the sentence just tasted great, like Dutch sushi. But honestly, there are great Asian tracks, pity only one is represented in iRacing. If you ask me, road tracks is the one smallish weakness in the iRacing lineup.

Ummm... Okayama, Suzuka, Motegi? Also Tsukuba on the way. That will be 4. Would of course like to see Sepang and more Australian circuits after Oran Park.

I think Iracing has some fantastic road courses, but I can see where the europeans and australians can feel a little left out. Hopefully the announcement of the btcc car will bring us some good touring car tracks like knockhill, snetterton, croft, and thruxton. Oooh, gets me too excited, time to settle down :) I wouldnt mind more tracks that are true to the indy cars as well but I know it's hard to do the street courses. I think long beach is coming though?

Greg sorry i thought i had responded on that, i´ll make it short, i simply don´t know if the Lotus will be post poned again.

It was post poned because of the RUF, the difference between those are one is a partnership the other a license.
It should be in the build after RUF like it is now but we´ll see.

amazing how they have so many Japanes cars and so few Japanese / Asian tracks, doesn't fit.
Even more amazing how little the asian userbase is. a thousand people or so.

Compare that to the European racers which are 10.000 active drivers, yet we are the ones that have to wait the longest.
Where´s Nurburgring, Monza, Imola, Hockenheimring, Red Bull Ring, Mugello, etc etc etc i can´t even remember all of the amazing tracks we have in europe.

Oooooh Mugello, one of my alltime favorites. I'm not european so I probably dont understand, but I dont get the love affair with Monza. I find it boring and often avoid rfactor races when it is held there. Lots of speed up and hard braking and real lack of character. I will cower in the corner as I await the stones, but thats just my opinion :)

Greg sorry i thought i had responded on that, i´ll make it short, i simply don´t know if the Lotus will be post poned again.

It was post poned because of the RUF, the difference between those are one is a partnership the other a license.
It should be in the build after RUF like it is now but we´ll see.

I was just curious because there hasn't been much talk about it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.6%