iRacing's Upcoming Releases

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Let's keep a little thread going about what iRacing has in store for us in the (near) future. Some things have been announced, some targets have been rumoured and who knows what you have picked up in the darkest recesses of the net...

Below I will put up some things I find or found. Please post any news, rumours or hints below so one of the moderators can update this thread.

Cars
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • Lotus 49 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • RUF Rt12R - October 2012
  • Honda Civic BTCC - May/July 2013
  • Honda HSV-010 - May/July 2013
  • NASCAR Sprint Cup 2013 models - TBA
Tracks
  • Auto Club Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Hongaroring - Plans
  • Kansas Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Lukas Oil Raceway - In production
  • Rockingham Speedway - October 2012
  • Interlagos - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Miller Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • New Jersey Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • Long Beach - 2013
  • Oran Park Raceway - October 2012
  • Tsukuba Circuit - In production
  • Willow Springs - Scanned but on hold
Features
  • Crew chief & spotter functionality - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Driver swaps - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • DirectX 11 and x64 support - Long term project
  • Dirt and oil build up on windscreen - Side project
  • Enhanced sounds (DirectSound > XAudio2) - Groundwork in next build; the rest later
  • Exhaust fire - Side project
  • Teams - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Time transition - Long term and after DirectX 11
Your turn!

A4dcQImCUAM-5Aa.jpg:large

They already mentioned that they would add more brands for the NASCAR side of iRacing.
Yes, I know. I'm just adding a link to confirmation posted by iRacing about what they have been up to, seeing as this forum is for upcoming releases.

Or would you rather I not bother, seeing as iRacing had already mentioned this in the past?

That's like telling Hampus we already know about the Lotus 49 when he posted an image of the car (in sim) a few posts above this one.

:whistling:

If by source you mean first page of iracing.com then ok :)

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/Home.do

By now we had hoped that all of you would have destroyed many virtual Lotus 49s trying to go flat-out through Eau-Rouge but, unfortunately, that has not been the case. Although we have made terrific progress on the car we hold this particular vehicle to a higher standard due to its legacy in our development history. So we have decided to take our time with the car and continue to develop it so that it meets our expectations and -- hopefully -- yours.

With that being said, we have taken the car down from pre-sale. Anyone who has pre-ordered the Lotus at this point will be given full credit for the car in iRacing credits ($11.95) that can be used any way they like. These credits will automatically be placed in your account. And when the Lotus 49 is ready to be released, those who previously pre-ordered the car will get it for free.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and know that we are looking forward to racing the Lotus 49 as much as you are!

I´ve got some rumors for the Mclaren :)
The guy who told this to me is very reliable, pretty well known guy in the sim-world.

Btw, I think we are in for a treat, I have pretty solid inside information that the car is awesome. Think nothing like the Ford GT.
Yeah, it should be legit. I was told by someone with a NDA that they couldnt really say anything, apart from it being pretty awesome.
3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif
No details on handling at all, just one word: Awesome fun. By that I reckon its a pointy, grippy car, unlike the Ford "understeer" GT.

indeed it does, bought the current a-class the other day and will get this for free in four weeks, yummie yummie. will do some carburetor cup events in the meantime to get used to the speed and touchiness, old a-class and new a-class shouldn't be too far apart I heard.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.