Introducing the Toyota Celica ST185 for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica ST185 4.jpg

Reveal number four from the upcoming Ready to Race DLC for Assetto Corsa - presenting something slightly different in the form of the Toyota Celica ST185 WRC contender.

We fans are by now well aware that the next car pack from Kunos Simulazioni will be the 10 car strong 'Ready to Race' DLC, designed specifically for fans of racing vehicles and containing a nice mix of modern and historic machinery.

One of the more surprising inclusions into the pack comes in the form of the hugely successful WRC specification Toyota Celica ST185 featured in this article. With Assetto Corsa not particularly known for its loose surface simulation prowess, it is perhaps a little surprising to some to see such an iconic World Rally Championship car finding its way into the game as official paid content. Of course we had the venerable Audi Quattro as free content a few weeks ago, and many at the time thought that would be the beginning of the end for studio released rally spec cars.... not so according to Kunos.

With killer good looks and one of the best paint jobs in motorsport, the Celica could well be a real treat to behold once the 'Ready to Race' DLC pack goes live on Thursday.

Alongside the images revealed by Kunos today, the Italians are keeping up the tradition of writing a few short words about the car, which can be read below:

The Toyota Celica ST185 is Toyota's most successful rally car, winning the WRC Driver's Championship in 1992, and the WRC Manufacturer's and Driver's Championships in both 1993 and 1994.

In order to meet the Group A competition's homologation requirements, 5,000 GT-Four RC production versions of the Celica were manufactured, starting from September 1989.

The Toyota Celica ST185 made its debut at the Monte Carlo Rally, the opening round of the 1992 World Rally Championship series, but it wasn't until mid-season did it then become successful

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. The 'Ready to Race' DLC is scheduled to launch on Thursday 18th May.

Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica ST185 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica ST185  2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica ST185 .jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

We hold regular league and club racing events across a variety of content found within the game, however to celebrate this mega new inclusion to Assetto Corsa we are holding a very special on off GT1 specification race on Sunday 21st May. Sign up here and get yourself in on the action.

Looking forward to some sideways action? How do you feel about prominent rally cars being added to Assetto Corsa? Would you like to see an official Kunos created rally stage to test the car on? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It "looks" the nuts, but this just so reminds me of the RB4 in LFS days, it didn't have it's own place and was used by few against cars that didn't match. Out of all the pack, I think this will be one that gets dumped by drivers the quickest.

I mean there is no "official" rally track to back a monumental WRC?

Apart from old DTM and GT3 in what other category can you have a decent grid?
Well they have all 3 brands of LMP1-hybrid with this dlc so. there's that. There are a dozen single-class cars where the category is by definition complete - Formula Abarth, Porsche Cup, etc. have never run irl against any other kind of car.

There really aren't that many series where more than one car is competitive anyway. I mean you look at F1 2015, the Mercedes W06 won 16 of 19 races (1+2 12 times). That car simply is not in the same class as the Ferrari SF15t that AC has. So like, filling up the grid with other cars is not going to improve the racing in any manner. It'll just mean you hear about stuff happening somewhere else on the track to the people running in the other speed of car that's technically classified along with you.

D

Deleted member 130869

• Deleted member 130869

Any loose-surface support actually making its way to the game so it's not asphalt-only for WRC cars?

There really aren't that many series where more than one car is competitive anyway.
You serious?
DTM, GT500, Brazilian Stock Cars, V8 Supercars, WTCC, TCR, BTCC, STCC, GTE, WRX, CTSCC, GT4, ELMS, GRC...
And those are just the contemporary...if we include historic, there would be Group 5, Group A, DTM in 5 different eras, GTO, GT1 in different eras, LMP in different eras, Group 2 just to name the most popular. In AC we get a clusterf*ck out of all of them.
Seriously, i have barely heard a worse excuse for the clusterfield we have in AC.
Especially since R3E demonstrates it perfectly how it's done to release complete series

the cars on the list are lovely but i think AC needs something more complete, like a full grid DLC, no problem if it is expensive.. Like a 2017 GT3 cars dlc, DTM dlc (new or classic) and not only 2 skins per car. Or maybe a 24h le mans dlc, i would give my wallet for something like that without complain.. i mean they have the money boyz in the game now, why keep releasing content like that?

You serious?
DTM, GT500, Brazilian Stock Cars, V8 Supercars, WTCC, TCR, BTCC, STCC, GTE, WRX, CTSCC, GT4, ELMS, GRC...
And those are just the contemporary...if we include historic, there would be Group 5, Group A, DTM in 5 different eras, GTO, GT1 in different eras, LMP in different eras, Group 2 just to name the most popular. In AC we get a clusterf*ck out of all of them.
Seriously, i have barely heard a worse excuse for the clusterfield we have in AC.
Especially since R3E demonstrates it perfectly how it's done to release complete series
I think the DTM series is owned by Raceroom (probably wrong) and if I'm not wrong, there is not much difference between BTCC, TCR, WTCC and so on.
GT4 we have already the Maserati and Porsche and the Ginetta-mod.
I don't know the difference between GT3 and GTE but we have already big parts of GT3 ingame, so why bother getting the license for the same car with slight adjustments again.
I don't know the rest of the modern series.
For the old series, in my opinion the LMP1 cars of today look better than ever.
Group 5 we are getting by the DRM mod.
GT1 is in progress

What i dont like about most of the newest racing games. They have a huge amount of cars, which is good, but almost never a whole Series. With the MC12 it remindes me how much i enjoyed GTR2. With all of these GT3 Cars in AC i would love to see the Blancpain Series as a offical series. I dont know if it is to hard to get a licens for one series or the developers dont want to try it at any game

the cars on the list are lovely but i think AC needs something more complete, like a full grid DLC, no problem if it is expensive.. Like a 2017 GT3 cars dlc, DTM dlc (new or classic) and not only 2 skins per car. Or maybe a 24h le mans dlc, i would give my wallet for something like that without complain.. i mean they have the money boyz in the game now, why keep releasing content like that?

To kunos's defense, it would be hard to do a full grid for most classes due to the amount of manufacturer licenses needed. I never asked for full grid, even just 2-3 cars would be better than 1 car from each racing class.

However, this does not excuse them, for getting exactly one group 5, one GT1 from each era, one group 6, a really messy historic touring class, one can am, and so on. Evidently, they pick whatever they can get without thinking how would it fit into the game.

Those are some of the best cars to drive in AC, it's just unfortunate that they are a solo class from a real life series with different competitors.

This car is WRONG, mostly the rear, but headlight size is wrong too, and overall front proportions are off.
Don't get me started on that rear window, I can't believe they missed the black frame.

View attachment 191309

Looks like this was done by the same guy who did the AE86.

That's not the first time. Still can't forget how off is the Miura's shape.. I guess most people won't recognise the differences.

Still, can't believe they released the car years from announcement and still missed out some crucial details.

To kunos's defense, it would be hard to do a full grid for most classes due to the amount of manufacturer licenses needed. I never asked for full grid, even just 2-3 cars would be better than 1 car from each racing class.

However, this does not excuse them, for getting exactly one group 5, one GT1 from each era, one group 6, a really messy historic touring class, one can am, and so on. Evidently, they pick whatever they can get without thinking how would it fit into the game.

That's not the first time. Still can't forget how off is the Miura's shape.. I guess most people won't recognise the differences.

Still, can't believe they released the car years from announcement and still missed out some crucial details.
What about the C9 :D same category as the mazda 787b and porsche 962 short tail and still failing to make it able to compete with them :D

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000