Introducing the First 2018 F1 Car - In Virtual Form!

What surprised me the most is the lack of sponsors, even after 3 years of them doing quite well.
I believe the entire expense is already budgeted as sales and marketing for Haas CNC, so they might be able to use most of this as a tax write-off. The team exists for Haas CNC sales and marketing teams to use for B2B networking, schmoozing potential customers in the hospitality area at races, and other promotional purposes. But you're right, why not get more sponsors to help ease the burden or increase the budget?

Gene said he could have spent this much money in other promotional areas but starting an F1 team actually looked to present a good return (hah!). I like Haas, but the reason from the top for entering F1 is not primarily passion, and the livery seems to reflect that.

My idea of beauty (chassis above all). Sorry for OT. :p
You just can not be as huge JV fan as I am but this can't be the prettiest F1 car, c'mon.
Yeah, love livery too but still...
:O_o:
12e94a9250da822ce2b7d0067c786f79.jpg

Mercedes-AMG-W08-F1-Auto-2017-articleDetail-4d09f71c-1008699.jpg
Difference between this comparison between Merc and Haas is that Merc didn't actually move away from this design ever, just the opposite with Hass, 2015 that white livery, 2016 the black one and now... again almost the same white one. I mean... why ? It's not like it was a car that won championship, isn't it ? How can they be that connected to it ? :O_o:

Btw... :rolleyes:
Where's this topic:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-launch-2018-car-FW41-images-1005367/

Last edited:
You just can not be as huge JV fan as I am but this can't be the prettiest F1 car, c'mon.
Yeah, love livery too but still...

Difference between this comparison between Merc and Haas is that Merc didn't actually move away from this design ever, just the opposite with Hass, 2015 that white livery, 2016 the black one and now... again almost the same white one. I mean... why ? It's not like it was a car that won championship, isn't it ? How can they be that connected to it ? :O_o:

Btw... :rolleyes:
Where's this topic:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-launch-2018-car-FW41-images-1005367/

2015? Black? Haas has entered F1 in 2016, the only colour variation they had during their (now) 3 years is 2017 with grey as the main colour, that´s it. I still don´t get how this is even a topic...
Also, people tend to forget that these "liveries" are pure marketing and PR gags, where sponsors and investors generally have a substantial saying in the cars design and its message. Force India is the best example, and we don´t know what´s behind Haas´s curtains.

How can they be that connected to it ? :O_o:
Its the same basic color scheme Haas CNC uses on their products, website,etc. I can't blame them for being consistent with the brand image. But it would nice to see more variation and a bit more boldness in how they use these colors on the car
cq5dam.thumbnail.800.600.png

I'm a fan of pre-1980 F1 cars. To me everything after that looks the same.

I do think that this particular GP car would look much better with scantily clad grid girls standing around it.

A LOT of grid girls.

Its the same basic color scheme Haas CNC uses on their products, website,etc. I can't blame them for being consistent with the brand image. But it would nice to see more variation and a bit more boldness in how they use these colors on the car
cq5dam.thumbnail.800.600.png
I know they're staying true to their brans, and as someone else said earlier, he's not really in this because of passion for the sport. But let's face it, designers like Sean Bull and others would make more interesting and better liveries, even with the sponsors and investors pulling the strings.

Not a fan of the helo, and nose cone isn't great.
Other than that it looks like an F1 car, no surprises.
Low and mean stance, and a lack of tv aerials is a good.

2015? Black? Haas has entered F1 in 2016, the only colour variation they had during their (now) 3 years is 2017 with grey as the main colour, that´s it. I still don´t get how this is even a topic...
Ok, I mixed up years, you can stop your Academy Award worth performance.
Obviously - the white one was on 2016, black on 2017 and now, in 2018, AGAIN white one.
Comprende ? =P

Ok, I mixed up years, you can stop your Academy Award worth performance.
Obviously - the white one was on 2016, black on 2017 and now, in 2018, AGAIN white one.
Comprende ? =P
"Black"

Haas-F1-640x309.png

I still don´t get whats the fuss about the colour, but hey after our last discussion I see a pattern here at least.

"Black"

Haas-F1-640x309.png

I still don´t get whats the fuss about the colour, but hey after our last discussion I see a pattern here at least.
For exactly how long do you follow F1 ? From first winter tests this year ? :geek:
That was a very early version of 2017 HASS car.
This
arton120928-6b6da.jpg

was the livery for most of the season, introduced as early as Monaco GP :
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/5/haas-unveil-new-livery-ahead-of-monaco.html
And yes... IT-IS-A-BLACK.
My God, it's full of stars
type of black. :)
Have a nice day.

At the end of the day it matters not what the color scheme looks like, if it wins then that's all that matters.
:thumbsup:
Nice election speech which already brings you a three (and counting) agrees:rolleyes: but really mate... "if it WINS" !?? Looking that way... this car will never ever matter. :D

Never thought I had to use the ignore list feature.

Anyway, halo looks pretty standard compared to last years prototypes, afaik they´ve been given a very small window for aero related stuff additions, so will be interesting what the top teams come up with.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%