IMPORTANT: FSR Problems: Debate (1)

1- TOA/ISR Club (Team Owners Association (WC) - International SimRacing Club)
I can't really comment on this. Having been exposed to it this season, I can see some of the benefits it has, but those benefits are worth nothing if nobody uses it...

2- Lack of volunteers (includes related problems like lack of press area/highlights videos etc)
This is a major issue. I think something that might be causing the new volunteers to drop out is the fact that there seems to be very little cohesion within the organization. People think that they only have 1 job to do, and don't have to contribute elsewhere. At least it seems that way from where I sit. If people just exceeded their "programming", and contributed to more than just their job description, perhaps things would be running a little smoother. Mistakes would be picked up and dealt with better, and there would more than likely be a reduced amount of stress on people since they know they have other staff who will help them when they're really struggling.

From where I sit, it also seems like some people are unprepared for the job they've been assigned to, or they're overwhelmed by the job that they need to do since they get thrown into the deep end straight off the bat, so they just quit. One thing to say to that, THAT'S LIFE! You get thrown into the deep end and you're expected to swim. Suck it up and deal with it. You need to expect that when applying for one of these positions, it's not going to be an easy task filled with honey and roses. It's going to be like walking a mile over sharp hot rocks before you reach that point. Push through it, don't quit. If you quit, the stress and overwhelmed feelings will be put onto the poor person who has to pick up your slack! If he can handle your tasks, AND his own tasks, then you should be able to handle the task you're assigned to no problem.

I agree with what David has said previously, that you need the right people. You do need the right people in order to achieve the level of cohesion needed to run an organization like this effectively and to it's full potential. If you hire half-assed floaters, then you're going to end up with a pile of crap.

3- WC Sister Teams
I only see it as an advantage to those who can afford it. I'd like to suggest that if a team enters a sister team in WC, then that team should be limited as to the amount of teams they can enter in the lower divisions. If you look at twister for example, 2 teams across the board, that's 6 teams, and 12 drivers! They've worked hard to get to that point, don't get me wrong, but I feel as though other teams get robbed by the people who do this.

A team with that many members dedicated to one series has a HUGE advantage over teams who can't afford to compete with those numbers. That's 12 heads working on a setup, strategy, practicing race situations etc. etc. etc. They can do so much more in so much less time, as opposed to a team of 2 or 3 guys.

Perhaps the rule for sister teams should be that they can't hire drivers who have finished within the top 10 of any division at the end of a season. This would also encourage growth for the drivers who are not as knowledgeable or who are not as fast as the drivers in the parent team. More people could learn and grow, and the level of competition could increase even further.

4- Business aspect
I'll get back to this when I feel as though I can make an adequate contribution which would be worth peoples time to try and read.

One more thing regarding TOA. I think from last few weeks of discussion it's clear that not much concrete help or ideas will come from TOA, if any. I set up an internal Skype chat for TOA few weeks ago, but it died in less than a week. Two or three WC team owners are active, but that's it. So I think it's better to just use volunteers from this forum to rebuild FSR instead of forcing something that doesn't work. The point is to have people helping that are motivated and really care, regardless of what position they have. TOA still has big decision power of course according to structures, which is problematic, because there is no involvement and I don't see that improving next year.

On another amusing note, maybe it's time for F1 to consider sister teams too...

A bit more of an elaboration on point number two (volunteers). I've been reading methods throughout this thread such as forcing WC teams to have members involved, as well as notifying potential future volunteers that the job will be difficult but we need people committed nonetheless.

I think part of the key here is to manage, lead and motivate these areas appropriately.

If somebody volunteers in an attempt to help and support the league, there are several ways to keep them committed long-term:

- Free licenses (which has been attempted before by Saxén)
- Increased acknowledgement of what these volunteers have done and achieved/will achieve for the league
- Possibility of career support/experience (as Bram mentioned with an article writer who started at RaceDepartment and eventually earned a job at Autosport, also look at several commentators from FSR over the past years)
- Ensuring the FSR tasks don't take over personal life (Similar to work-life balance in a way), tasks that require a strenuous amount of work aren't done by a single person but distributed amongst a team

A lot more to it obviously but my point is, coinciding with the fact that yes we first need volunteers, then we should also be discussing how they would be managed in order for them to stay motivated and committed to tasks allocated throughout the year. If one thing doesn't motivate someone, there surely should be something else. If nothing motivates them then they shouldn't have even volunteered in the first place (which was an issue with some volunteers this year) and the job goes back to step 1.

It's a matter of as what most people are saying here, finding volunteers but then as I said also maintaining their motivation to complete the job/tasks.

Last edited:
Could points 3 and 4 be aided with a presence off some other high profile teams such as Radicals and Team Redline? Both have a decent following on youtube hence more and more exposure for potential sponsors. Try enticing them in with discounts or free licences with sister teams making the way

Could points 3 and 4 be aided with a presence off some other high profile teams such as Radicals and Team Redline? Both have a decent following on youtube hence more and more exposure for potential sponsors. Try enticing them in with discounts or free licences with sister teams making the way
1 of those 2 (if not both) are involved in iracing to make money. You aren't going to lure teams by just simply giving a discount.

One thing I simply can't understand is why there is a license limit on WC. If people says more people would compete on the WC we could consider the option of adding more licenses and if its needed put a max number of cars per race (lets say 30 for example). If there are more than 30 cars you do a Pre-Q session and thats it.

For those who say that having a sister team is a huge advantadge, last year was proven that if no commitment there is nothing you can do with two teams (Jasco PSR failing to score any point).

What is also proven is that without a previous solid base, jumping to the WC is totally useless, unless you get a Ace driver on a loan from other teams.

I doubt a Kuba Brzezinski will be useless in WC ^^
What I mean for a solid base is that racing one previous year at Ace its always good.

OSR was lucky to find such a driver as Kuba and if they are able to jump to Ace or WC with him isn't a bad option as he would be fighting for points. Thats what I meant for a solid base, surely without Kuba, moving to WC would be a crazy move. I'm obviously refering to teams as PSR who moved to WC directly without any base and then you see what happened, rage quitting after 2 years.

Last edited:
One thing I simply can't understand is why there is a license limit on WC. If people says more people would compete on the WC we could consider the option of adding more licenses and if its needed put a max number of cars per race (lets say 30 for example). If there are more than 30 cars you do a Pre-Q session and thats it.

For those who say that having a sister team is a huge advantadge, last year was proven that if no commitment there is nothing you can do with two teams (Jasco PSR failing to score any point).

What is also proven is that without a previous solid base, jumping to the WC is totally useless, unless you get a Ace driver on a loan from other teams.
When USA PRO race checks will be completed?

The tracks are not true laser scans, their are not as many tracks on AC, multiplayer (admittedly I have only read this) is very suspect with a poor netcode.

Also, mod? I haven't really seen much of a viable mod. I stand to be corrected though but quite honestly in it's current guise, AC is weaker than rF2. The pendulum is likely to swing as I see AC developing faster than ISI but currently I believe rF2 is stronger.

This video:
I also believe this is a good and fair representation of the two. Again, this may simply be mod based from URD but it is a pretty good reflection and the current state of both games. I personally agree with it.

The tracks are not true laser scans, their are not as many tracks on AC, multiplayer (admittedly I have only read this) is very suspect with a poor netcode.

Also, mod? I haven't really seen much of a viable mod. I stand to be corrected though but quite honestly in it's current guise, AC is weaker than rF2. The pendulum is likely to swing as I see AC developing faster than ISI but currently I believe rF2 is stronger.

This video:
I also believe this is a good and fair representation of the two. Again, this may simply be mod based from URD but it is a pretty good reflection and the current state of both games. I personally agree with it.

Kunos tracks are laserscanned (no idea why do you say the opposite), from official content it has more suitable F1 tracks than rF2 (Spa, Silverstone, Nurburgring, Monza, Imola, Mugello ) and there already an important amount of F1 converted tracks with at very least the same level of quality of rF2 ones.

About cars, lol, there are tons of cars in the making process for AC, from Kunos and from modders. Many many more than for rF2. About modding, besides the URD mods in rF2, you can count with the fingers of one hand how many good quality mods are in rF2.

And your video is comparing a mod that has over a year of life vs an unfinished mod that has few weeks/months in a not finished platform.

I agree that rF2 is a bit superior on the physics side, but is it worth when the activity index of AC is like 5:1 compared to rF2? I mean, just click on "Downloads" here in RD and compare the number of rF2 downloads vs AC downloads. More activity means more users interested, more users means more exposure, more exposure means ... what I said yesterday.

From my understanding they are not laser scanned in the same way that iRacing are laser scanned. AC's are much less accurate, much less efficient and GPS would be just as good. For example curbs and bumps are extremely flat than what they should be.

The mod community simply find AC easier to mod, not necessarily better to mod. Big difference. ISI could make things a lot easier and we could see just as many on rF2 so I tend not to stand by that argument as it is not really proven.

This is what I am saying, the Kunos development I think will be quicker than ISI. Much quicker. So it will come on strong but currently I do not think it is better than rF2 and therefore rF2 is a better currently. Also it is a workable platform, especially with one year of experience on for the incoming president to work with.

Exposure. This is often misconstrued because in reality it is not the game exposure it is the league and the racing. For example, we all know how poor the F1 car is on iRacing yet they get more viewers than what a better car on rF2 does simply because of mass media and propaganda.

Market and social media the content correctly and it won't matter what platform you are on.

People buy Coca Cola knowing it rots your teeth and has about 12 tea spoons of sugar in. Still buy it though... All marketing.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%