IMPORTANT: FSR Problems: Debate (1)

Few things I would like to pick up on here.

The price of drivers is reflected in prize money. The more the prize money, the more drivers get paid. Therefore that is not starter cause between iRacing and rF2 their is a gulf is cost difference unless you have paying sponsors.

Once again, people going to iRacing for the money. Market FSR right and the money will come to FSR. Not rF2 but to FSR itself.

@Kris Cobb - From a personal stance for yourself I see what you're saying on the iRacing front. "I would rather have decent quality tracks and have more to choose from than a handful that is perfect." - I couldn't more different. I would rather have fewer, quality tracks than race around something that is a bit good and likely to be a car breaker. iRacing laser scans tracks for a premium but you get the service with it.

@Frederic Schornstein very interesting point. I think that's partly cause of the marketing through Steam. Therefore you are going to find a very different type of driver from rF1, rF2 and then even the iRacing crop.

@David Dominguez - So you're saying that a poorly scanned AC track is absolutely fine over a well done GPS rF2 track? That's quite some logic.

Doesn't matter if it's open or closed community. The power of social media is not dictated by that. People can see Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the rest of them. That is the maximum way to expose a product in the modern world.

@David Dominguez - So you're saying that a poorly scanned AC track is absolutely fine over a well done GPS rF2 track? That's quite some logic.

No, I'm not saying that. I don't think AC tracks are poorly scanned, so the argument itself is invalid. They are more than good enough.

About the prize money, iRacing, and marketing, well, I've been president, I've had a team in iRacing WCS, I've spoke with some of the top teams and drivers from there, I've talked and signed sponsors.... but I guess I'm not smart enough to do achieve what you are proposing. Seems that no other president achieved that, so we are all probably dumb. Let's hope the next one is really the chosen one and drivers, sponsors and money will come massively :)

Listen you can self loathe and be self deprecating all you want man. I never said that though. But 10/10 for twisting words around I will give you that much.

Then that sponsor is heavily narrow minded and extremely driven by money and money only.

Last edited:
When I had the chance to drive in some real tracks I never, never, never had any feeling comparable to rFactor 2 real road. In rFactor 2 basically if you put one tire off the racing line you have 80% probabilities to go the the gravel or that you have to be a slowpoke entering box, because there is no grip with a high chance turning into Maldonado.

Basically its like driving under wet conditions. Just 1 racing line and thats it :)

Talking about wet, it's even more awesome that under wet conditions in rFactor 2 you still got to do dry racing lines to be faster.

You state that they have different cars, yes they have, but I believe Vettel was quite fast as he overtook Alonso some laps later :whistling:

What sponsor isn't? They are looking for a return on their investment.

As always they are. But allot of the time it's all about the exposure. Half the sponsors I've got in the past haven't got the return on their investment, but what they have got is that exposure, which exposes their brand to more people, a broader / different audience than they was exposed to before. Sometimes they are interested in the project that's being offered, to support something/someone that has a great determination to succeed, which sponsors like to be a part of , all the way.

FSR has RD here, as its partner, if used correctly sponsors are not hard to get. I'd get FSR new sponsors next year but that's too time consuming for me at the moment. Okay you may have to go through 50 companies, just to get 1 sponsor each time, but that's marketing sometimes. But allot of the deals that do happen, are through contacts, if you dig deep and get out there, sponsors often happen through who you know, not just what your offering.

It is only a select few who think they're worth 1000 euros for a season. I just laugh at them and say good luck. My team is a team, not a business, if you want to get paid that amount of money you better work to earn enough for your team to be able to fund you..

Talking from experience and inside knowledge, you would be surprised that money is a major factor in WC & DWC. Fun is there to but many driver's drive for who offers the most money/better conditions, there's actually allot of money involved in many of the top sim teams and it's drivers.

Talking from experience and inside knowledge, you would be surprised that money is a major factor in WC & DWC. Fun is there to but many driver's drive for who offers the most money/better conditions, there's actually allot of money involved in many of the top sim teams and it's drivers.
I was speaking with inside knowledge too. A team owner needs to know what his competitors are offering, in order to stay competitive.

During my time in FSR (2006-), there was never more prizemoney offered than in last couple of years. Of course one way to compete with iRacing is by money, implying that we advertise prize pot everywhere. Personally I wouldn't be comfortable going further with this, due to legal reasons.

I am not talking about a predefined line, I'm talking about entire surface with that amout of grip, and then, after this, human's lines. It can be done in the DevMode, there is a setting to put manually the amount of % realroad on track, enter the desired value and then save RR profile.
Ya. Use 80% over the whole surface with devmode and let the drivers rubber the last 20% as a racing line with a realroad time scale of x0.1 or whatever. Than you have only slightly better grip at racing line and because of the slow rubbering you will not get a shitload of marbles

A full rubbered sufrace looks like crap, but well I guess you could do that if you don't care what image you give in the broadcasts or in some screenshot.

yLA3won.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back