IMPORTANT: FSR Problems: Debate (1)

Looks like some fat kid took his crayon to the track.

I think Kris is onto something, perhaps find a way to decrease the heavy visual impact it has. Of course, I have no idea how to accomplish this, but it's something worth looking into.

As David said, if we reduce the realroad texture contrast and add 80% to start with, there will never be any racing line visible. Only good solution is for me to bugger ISI dev who made realroad and ask for reduction in grip loss. I would estimate 20% chance of that happening even if I have pretty good contacts, they seem to be pretty confident in their realroad implementation as is.

I think the racing line is way too visible in rF2 atm anyway, there's no such a clear line irl, maybe on some heavy braking zones and very fast corners but in rF2 you have that on straights as well and it looks a bit stupid imo.. so just better if the "racing line" is less visible

It's an option. And yes, rF2 implementation is a bit stupid. In my opinion they should paint the track according to high longitudinal forces (braking-traction).

Is there a way to change the grip of the tire compared to the value of the rr?
Say increase grip 80% on a 0% realroad, then have the rr slow building so you see the line and has the same effect as the above posts but doesn't have the nasty looking road?

Is there a way to change the grip of the tire compared to the value of the rr?
Say increase grip 80% on a 0% realroad, then have the rr slow building so you see the line and has the same effect as the above posts but doesn't have the nasty looking road?
One thing I leanred so far with rF2 never mess around with tires. I am not aware of the details, but as far as my knowledge goes there is no value for that. You have values for dry and wet tracks etc. Tires in rF2 are really difficult. I once drove in a leauge, which never happened in the end and they wanted to offer 3 instead of 1 compound on GT cars. The cars were already faster in real life therefore they tried to make the tires slower 3 times and in the end all cars were around 2 seconds faster compared to the original, which was also fast enough and they also had some support and sheets from ISI. In the end there was only 1 tire that would work in the race anyway, so they wasted hundreds of hours to make the races more open to strategy to have the same thing like with the original tires with the diffrence, that 30 people wasted hundreds of hours :D

Sorry for the long reply. It should only be a warning. Once you open the box of pandora (tires) you will never be happy again or you have endless amounts of free time.

More grip out of the rubbered line.

He has a good point though. If the realroad can infinitely improve, then there will always be much more grip come race time on the racing line than off the racing line.

So actually the best solution would be to start with a high realroad percentage, say 80% or whatever is decided, and make the realroad multiplier as low as possible, in order to have more uniform realroad for as long as possible.

EDIT: This feels totally off topic at the moment... #justsaying

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years