Resource icon

DiRT Rally IMPACT Force Feedback 7.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I do not. the file in this mod has no relation at all to the graphics.

Did you install this as part of my Realism Pack?

I only installed the file at top of page, the speedo/rev counter that sits bottom left of screen, mine has gone, like it used to do with the bug, even though I got it selected in options.

@TemplarGFX
Using V5 which for me is much better than 4, however when landing on the big jumps I'm not feeling very much FFB through the wheel as previously mentioned in the wheel mask settings. I.E not feeling a jolt through the wheel
should I change something in my settings.
G27 Wheel
Profiler settings:-
overall 100%
Spring 0%
Damper 100%
Enable Spring ticked 0%
Use special wheel settings ticked 900 degrees
Use special game ticked
Allow game to adjust.

In Game Settings:-
All 100% except wheel friction is at 92%
In Advanced wheel options
All deadzones 0% everything else 100%

Thanks

Hey Templar, so not sure I mentioned this - after bumping up the values in V5, things felt pretty good, at least on tarmac - but when trying a gravel stage everything was much stronger and heavier and ultimately very unrealistic unfortunately. (T300 user). It was similar before i tweaked things too. I dramatically changed in-game FFB for gravel and was alittle better but still "weird and heavy - "more grippy" than the tarmac, at least the FFB feel, even tho car is sliding around. (FFB didnt match physics on the gravel)

So, back to using V3, and it really is very good all around - I did bump up the values in the xml some too. So maybe this version is just best for T300 users? what other feedback have you got from Thrustmaster users.

Thanks again for the great hard work!

Hey Templar, so not sure I mentioned this - after bumping up the values in V5, things felt pretty good, at least on tarmac - but when trying a gravel stage everything was much stronger and heavier and ultimately very unrealistic unfortunately. (T300 user). It was similar before i tweaked things too. I dramatically changed in-game FFB for gravel and was alittle better but still "weird and heavy - "more grippy" than the tarmac, at least the FFB feel, even tho car is sliding around. (FFB didnt match physics on the gravel)

So, back to using V3, and it really is very good all around - I did bump up the values in the xml some too. So maybe this version is just best for T300 users? what other feedback have you got from Thrustmaster users.

Thanks again for the great hard work!
If you wish. Open V5 and find the FFBLateral function. Lower its Scale, and increase the Grip Scale to compensate. The Surface Scale is how the different surfaces change the effect. I wouldn't change that one too much!

As is usual with all my versions, the Lateral and Self Aligning torque have the biggest changes. and Im still realising exactly how they work :p

I just picked up a T300Rs and have set the wheel friction and tyre friction to 50%, everything else at 100% with Impact V5. I think the tarmac is superb and the gravel isn't too bad. The main issue if anything is that the vibration of the road is a little too strong and yes the grip a little too much. That said the Accuforce wheels running FFB off the games telemetry alone have apparently very strong bumps so it's probably just the way its meant to be.

If you wish. Open V5 and find the FFBLateral function. Lower its Scale, and increase the Grip Scale to compensate. The Surface Scale is how the different surfaces change the effect. I wouldn't change that one too much!

As is usual with all my versions, the Lateral and Self Aligning torque have the biggest changes. and Im still realising exactly how they work :p
Hi Templar, So I tried your suggestion, turned down the Lateral Scale to.05 and uped the Gripscaler to 1.6. It didnt help much or at all. I then turned down the SAT from 4.6 to 2.6 and still didnt feel much change. SO got any more suggestions as to how to lessen the Gravel FFB "in general" while not lessening the Tarmac FFB "Forces in general". Tarmac feels perfect!!

First impression feedback for version 5:

Drove on Pant Mawr with my classic Mini, and it was pretty bad. After every crest, and there are many, there was a mule kicking my wheel (Logitech DFGT). It was like riding a buckling bronco instead of a controlled experience.

Thankfully, I found the lines that cause this effect on landing in the comments here and tuned it waaay down.

Can some one explain what everything does in the forcefeedback files?

Basically I want to achieve a big forcefeedback on bigger jumps

And to feel a little more vibration while just going over some bumps

So like I said if someone can explain which settings to tinker with I will have a play around

Hello Templar,
again great work, this mod is awesome !! Only what makes me angry (G27 user} is that clipping by oversteering so i lower tyre slip suspension and wheel friction on 80 all other on 100 and overal streght in logitech profiler on 80 damper spring 0 damper 100. But rly great mod Codemasters needs you bro :D

P.S. sorry for my bad english im stiil studying

@TemplarGFX - Hi just tested Impact5 with the new update seems to work fine, but I'm not sure if the new sliders that CM have added have any affect things or not. It wasn't a full-on test though, just a quick run to see if things still worked as I had to do a complete reset of everything in the game to get it back to the way I like it. Updates can be such a pain sometimes!

i think this last update brings a bit better FFB specialy rallycross feels nice for me. But its still a lot work o it but codies do it right :p

i think this last update brings a bit better FFB specialy rallycross feels nice for me. But its still a lot work o it but codies do it right :p

Yeah CM do seem to have improved things, but the steering still felt a little vague to me compared to Impact. I'm sticking with this, at least until the next update.

Hey @TemplarGFX, do you have plans for a new Version of your great FFB-Mod?
After the 0.6 update of DR there is a new function in controls-menu called "Wheel Center" and the following code was added to file effectsetup_v2.xml:
<FFBCenterWheel device="wheel" zeroForcePosition="0.1" maxForcePosition="0.2" timeFull="1.0" timeOff="2.0" />
Without this Code the function doesn't work.

Greetings from Germany
MO86

Dang, my G27 rattles so much, despite lowering Wheel Friction, Self Aligning Torque, and Tyre Friction. Anyone know how to remove this, but keep the wheel strength? I have all at 100% (except tried lowering these 3 settings), and using v5.

Hey @TemplarGFX, do you have plans for a new Version of your great FFB-Mod?
After the 0.6 update of DR there is a new function in controls-menu called "Wheel Center" and the following code was added to file effectsetup_v2.xml:
<FFBCenterWheel device="wheel" zeroForcePosition="0.1" maxForcePosition="0.2" timeFull="1.0" timeOff="2.0" />
Without this Code the function doesn't work.

Greetings from Germany
MO86
hey man, did you add that line to the impact v5 code? is it worse with it?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.