Ideas & suggestions

By knowing that Sector 3 Studios (Simbin) is reading the RD forum, i was thinking of making a thread to collect little ideas and suggestions to improve things in R3E. This thread is not intended to be a discussion-thread, neither a wishlist.

So just post your ideas (preferred with concrete suggestions and examples). Big discussions aren't necessary. Give a rating to the posted idea, and this should be enough to tell your opinion about it.

Last edited:
I think it has been up here before, but due to the thread about rage quitters in multiplayer I thought I post a suggestion here too.

How about rewarding participation in multiplayer races?
Give everyone 1 VRP for participating and finish a multiplayer race.
The winner could get 5 VRP, 2 nd: 3 VRP and the 3 rd 2 VRP.
Disqualified or DNF don't get any VRPs.

I think this would be beneficial for both us consumers and S3 in several ways.
It would attract more players to both the game and the servers, making more customers and greater online grids!
Participants in multiplayer would be less likely to rage quit!
And a big bonus would also be to get the whiners to shut it about the whole free to play part!
Win, win! :thumbsup:

Dont take this the wrong way Heppsan but, I dont see that happening. Its a business. they would lose out on potential revenue.

People who regularly drop out of races are typically just trying out a game. Other people are more willing to endure some hardships, like a bad race here and there, to indulge thier sim racing sickness. That's the category I'm in. Lol

Besides, like I said before.. its a 10 minute race. If they can't hang for that do we really want them sticking around for a potential "benefit".

I hope I dont sound elitist here but, I say, good riddance. I want to be on track with likeminded racers with a passion for sim racing. Not part timers.

Dont take this the wrong way Heppsan but, I dont see that happening. Its a business. they would lose out on potential revenue.

People who regularly drop out of races are typically just trying out a game. Other people are more willing to endure some hardships, like a bad race here and there, to indulge thier sim racing sickness. That's the category I'm in. Lol

Besides, like I said before.. its a 10 minute race. If they can't hang for that do we really want them sticking around for a potential "benefit".

I hope I dont sound elitist here but, I say, good riddance. I want to be on track with likeminded racers with a passion for sim racing. Not part timers.
No problem, and I see your point.
But many quitters might just be new to the genre, if they stick around they get sucked in and hopefully they learn. :)
I'm quite new to sim racing my self, and I'm not one of the fast guys.. .
So with many quitters it tends to get lonely in the mid pack!. :(
And far from every one that rage quits are bad drivers!
I had a good and even race at Sachsenring the other night with three other players, two of them rage quitted before the race was over because they spun out.. .
A carrot might have held them on track till the end.

About the business, I'm totally for it!
I actually think their model is god, and I think the multiplayer is one of the better.
Have actually had more clean and tight races in R3E than on iRacing! :thumbsup:
Might have something to do with the business model?.

But for most of us we would have to do and finish 200-350 multiplayer races before we could buy only one car from what we've earned..
Don't think that would really jeopardize anything for them. ;)

Let's say that you only get in the short servers with 10 minute races.
You would also have to be a little bit in the qualifying, so make it 15 minutes a race.

That would take you 50 hours of effective racing time, just to afford the cheapest car in the store!
Not a bad way to keep people in the game if you ask me.

Last edited:
No problem, and I see your point.
But many quitters might just be new to the genre, if they stick around they get sucked in and hopefully they learn. :)
I'm quite new to sim racing my self, and I'm not one of the fast guys.. .
So with many quitters it tends to get lonely in the mid pack!. :(
And far from every one that rage quits are bad drivers!
I had a good and even race at Sachsenring the other night with three other players, two of them rage quitted before the race was over because they spun out.. .
A carrot might have held them on track till the end.

About the business, I'm totally for it!
I actually think their model is god, and I think the multiplayer is one of the better.
Have actually had more clean and tight races in R3E than on iRacing! :thumbsup:
Might have something to do with the business model?.

But for most of us we would have to do and finish 200-350 multiplayer races before we could buy only one car from what we've earned..
Don't think that would really jeopardize anything for them. ;)

Let's say that you only get in the short servers with 10 minute races.
You would also have to be a little bit in the qualifying, so make it 15 minutes a race.

That would take you 50 hours of effective racing time, just to afford the cheapest car in the store!
Not a bad way to keep people in the game if you ask me.

Yeah, those are good points too so I can't say I totally disagree. When you map it out like that I guess it wouldn't be such a revenue hit for S3.

I am a mid pack guy myself and the only time I have quit out myself was when I blew out the transmission on the DTM 92 Mustang. I even tried to pit to see if it would get repaired before I quit out. No repair. LOL

Anywho, maybe I'll see you out on track and we can mix it up. Cleanly.;)

I have to say. This is a nice little community forming around this sim. Take note S3. Your sim is making things happen.;) Well done. Keep it up.

Quitted sometimes too...i try to finish each race but sometimes game is ruined by phone ringing or door knocking :) ...other time maybe simply I had an accident (due to rammers or noobs) or I'm driving bad...as I said i try to finish each race...it 's beautiful to have battles with others not to finish last at times but sometimes it just have no sense to run alone on the track cause remaining players are (for example) 10 seconds faster than you... :)

bit confused as to why people are always trying to find new and inventive ways to gain credits...
imho ; eventually the stats system will be up and running fully and that will hopefully show stuff

but i think a lot of the issues will disappear once dedi servers come and league events take place

Andi

I think it has been up here before, but due to the thread about rage quitters in multiplayer I thought I post a suggestion here too.

How about rewarding participation in multiplayer races?
Give everyone 1 VRP for participating and finish a multiplayer race.
The winner could get 5 VRP, 2 nd: 3 VRP and the 3 rd 2 VRP.
Disqualified or DNF don't get any VRPs.

I think this would be beneficial for both us consumers and S3 in several ways.
It would attract more players to both the game and the servers, making more customers and greater online grids!
Participants in multiplayer would be less likely to rage quit!
And a big bonus would also be to get the whiners to shut it about the whole free to play part!
Win, win! :thumbsup:
Just qouting for devs to see this, great, really great idea!

bit confused as to why people are always trying to find new and inventive ways to gain credits...
imho ; eventually the stats system will be up and running fully and that will hopefully show stuff

but i think a lot of the issues will disappear once dedi servers come and league events take place

Andi
Me personally couldn't care less about earning VRPs, I already own all the content except for some car liveries that only has a different number.
And I still have VRPs on my account to last me for at least a couple of Packs/Experiences forwards.

I'm trying to think bigger for the greater good! ;)

Why would you get rewarded for finishing a race?

To get people to finish the race.. :thumbsup:

Me personally couldn't care less about earning VRPs, I already own all the content except for some car liveries that only has a different number.
And I still have VRPs on my account to last me for at least a couple of Packs/Experiences forwards.

I'm trying to think bigger for the greater good! ;)

To get people to finish the race.. :thumbsup:
First you're all begging 2 years for MP and now you want paying to finish a race??

First you're all begging 2 years for MP and now you want paying to finish a race??
I think you're missing the point Peter.
I never quit a game just cause I get rammed, spin out or don't have a shot at winning.
I always battle all the way over the finish line.
But many doesn't do that, and that affects my experience of the race as well!

I love this sim, and S3 have really taken it in the right direction over the last 6 months!
But there are still things that needs to be implemented, and areas that can be improved.
Thats what I thought we did here, coming up with and sharing ideas to make this awesome game even better!
And participation is Key in multiplayer.

iRacing have something similar too to get participation up, even if I don't really like their system..

Yes, that's me.
Added :)

And why not?
First, let's understand what "paying to finish a race" means and how can be useful (temporary at least) to boost this game out for people to know about it and more people playing and supporting.

The word "paying" here means no more than: "Paying the players a 0,1% of the cost to buy a medium decent car pack as is DTM1992 for example". You don't pay them literally, they're not recieving money, they're recieving sort of publicity to buy and buy and buy and buy more content of your store.
(So say iTunes wants to give me 15 <<iTunes points>> for me to waste on their store. I'm not (I can't) wasting it on another store like spotify, it's iTunes' only).
As I said, for it's first steps, R3E should give only 1 freaking vRP for finishing a race (and not everyone finishes his/her race in this game), which is 0,0something% of the amount they are going to waste on this game.

Tip: Simraceway is aids, yeah. But this payment works for them, at least is the unique thing SRW has to let people know about it.

Simraceway is aids, yeah. But this payment works for them, at least is the unique thing SRW has to let people know about it.

Simraceway is a useless example unfortunately since the system is not working at all...game started out with a powerful base but managed way too bad...(they give you 5 credits per lap on road courses , 3 credits per lap on ovals, 10 credits for winning and vouchers to buy cars for winning competitions or championships)... as a result now lobbies are a desert wasteland and game is full of bugs since they can't afford anymore to pay developers to solve bugs...only developers left just publish some new content from time to time that make the game more heavier...oh and races are always the same from years...(Mitsubishihi evo x at watkins Glenn or f3 at mid ohio) so this Is not properly a winning strategy... ;):)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.