PC1 How do YOU restore your faith in this game?

I´m sure we all hate the current situation the game is in. Pretty much everything you try, the game ruins it. Races with pitstops are a recipe for disaster. Rolling starts are a joke. Invisible walls await you. Corner cutting detection does not work...

But we´re still here after all. There must be something good under all this mess. In my case, after a frustrating session of gameplay, my cure is to drive the BAC Mono around in free practice mode. The FFB is supreme for this car, and it´s just SO fun to drive that puts a smile on my face again. I can´t recommend enough this car to everybody, and a video says more than anything I can write. I hope this helps people to get into this car, you never see online races with it:(

mod-edit: you can post your videos here http://www.racedepartment.com/media/
Thanks mod, didn´t know about no embedding on threads thing. Posted it in the correct place now, and with your link anyone interested can have a look.:thumbsup:

So, let´s go to the point: what is it for you that keep you comming? What do you do with this game after it screws you to get back into it again? What keeps you playing this game? What particular car-track combo restores your faith?

Last edited:
I'm not sure why, but I haven't really encountered any of these issues or bugs with the game (other than the AI being slightly aggressive at times, which was somewhat mended with the last patch). I've done mostly career races, they are very enjoyable and challenging and I haven't really encountered any of the bugs people are constantly complaining about. In fact, overall it's been very entertaining and fun, two things I've been missing from sims lately. (Getting the FFB dialed in was a bit maddening though :O_o:).

The only thing that makes me lose faith is visiting the forums and seeing all the ridiculous whinging from people. But luckily the solution to that problem is simple. ;) The game isn't perfect, certainly has some issues, but the issues haven't stopped me from enjoying it and they're working on ironing out things so I'm sure my experience will only improve as time goes on.

You shouldn't discredit other peoples' complaints just because you haven't had the same issues. All you have to do is look at the ridiculously long patch notes list to see how many issues this game has in every single aspect of gameplay.

I guess you mean racing AI. Problems:

1) They can´t start, you always gain like 5-7 places before turn 1. They lift in a straight line for no reason on the way into T1.
2) They are too slow even at max difficulty.
3) They can´t race. They always come steaming into corners and exit them like snails. Once you´re out of divebomb range they can´t touch you.
4) If you pit there´s a high chance of your pitcrew job having reset to nonsense pressure and compound values.
5) If you pit there´s a reasonable chance of getting flat tyres.
6) If any sort of dynamic weather comes in, you´ll be in a paralel reality with different grip levels to them. Race over.

Basically, a waste of time.

4,5 and 6 on your list are supposed to be addressed in the next patch. I believe that the patch notes also mention something about the AI improving. I really hope that the patch takes and fixes these issues because, even though I still like the game, I totally agree that it ruins the experience. I haven't even tried a career race because of the problems.

I do have to say that I race PCars daily in MP and the experience has "usually" been enjoyable. Matter of fact, I had a fantastic battle at Spa today for P2. It was twenty minutes of very close clean racing in GT3 class.

Races like that keep me playing. Now, if the patch does what they are hoping to do then things will be much, much better.

I have hope that it will. Not much consolation for people experiencing serious problems but I still have hope that after the patch people will be able to enjoy PCars.

You realize you´ve been playing semantic games and pointless exercises for like 4 posts by now? 0 content about the problems raised. ZERO. You´re moving the discussion to vague stuff with absolutely no meaning at all, trying to feud without knowing well why. "But I have fun" posts won´t change the state the game is in. Throwing crap on other games won´t do that either. Complaining about the complaints won´t do anything either. And the fact that that´s the best you can do to defend the game is quite telling.

It´s not too late to start discussing the topic if you really want to! Do you disagree with any of the problems raised? It seems that way given your attitude and the complains about the complainers. Well, counter them with actual points and facts about the game at hand... if you can. Explain why the AI isn´t as bad as I said, and what of the specific weak points mentioned is not actually there. Explain why the pit bugs aren´t that important and how they don´t ruin the experience in any race with pitstops. Explain how you can do smooth long races without the game ruining them. Explain how it´s not true EVERY SINGLE STYLE of race starts has serious issues making every race a joke.

FP remains the only trouble free activity in this game. And by trouble I mean massive sh1tstorms ruining everything, no matter how basic, from starts to pitstops to basic rules enforcement. You don´t agree? Fine, challenge it. But not with potshots at the competition and vague posts. With examples and facts instead.

I think I guessed by your attitude you disagreed about PCARS being a TT game only at the moment. Now, tell me what you think you can do besides TT, and I´ll tell you how EXACTLY the game will ruin it. Go ahead. Give me your plan for a nice little race, be it SP or MP, and I´ll tell you what you´ll have to pray not to ruin your day.

There are PLENTY of threads here to discuss those kinds of things, this is not one of them and I choose not to waste my time with them. All I did was say that I haven't had many issues with the game and I've been enjoying it (all of which are true, despite your rabid hatred for the game) and that my only issue with the game is the endless bitching by people on the forums, a point which you have illustrated nicely.

I'm not exactly sure why you are so bothered by other people's opinions, but you really shouldn't give a damn what other people think. I certainly don't. I'm perfectly fine with you hating the game, doesn't bother me one bit. I'm also perfectly fine with you loving AC even though I really dislike it, has no effect on my life whatsoever. I have better things to do with my life than be this guy......

2292664-rage.jpg

I'm done here, don't bother responding because you're on my ignore list now.

You shouldn't discredit other peoples' complaints just because you haven't had the same issues. All you have to do is look at the ridiculously long patch notes list to see how many issues this game has in every single aspect of gameplay.

I have no problem with his complaints, they're all valid I'm sure. My problem is with him telling me that my opinion is invalid just because he doesn't agree with it. I never said the game was free of issues, just that (for whatever reason) I haven't encountered many of them. Every sim I play has issues, but arguing with strangers on the internet hasn't seemed to fix any of them so I don't see any point in that kind of behavior.

Last edited:
I guess you mean racing AI. Problems:

1) They can´t start, you always gain like 5-7 places before turn 1. They lift in a straight line for no reason on the way into T1.
2) They are too slow even at max difficulty.
3) They can´t race. They always come steaming into corners and exit them like snails. Once you´re out of divebomb range they can´t touch you.
4) If you pit there´s a high chance of your pitcrew job having reset to nonsense pressure and compound values.
5) If you pit there´s a reasonable chance of getting flat tyres.
6) If any sort of dynamic weather comes in, you´ll be in a paralel reality with different grip levels to them. Race over.

Basically, a waste of time.

1. I do not always gain places at the start
2. I wouldn't know, i dont play anywhere near maximum difficulty and i dont always win
3. I dont think i have ever been shunted off, havent found them to be overly slow anywhere
4. no idea what you mean
5. don't know, does this cause the overheating tyres? I have only had overheating tyres once on the rear after a pitstop
6. I am competitive in the rain in some races but not others.

Not a waste of time for me, most fun i have had in any racing game. Until PC came out i shared my time between AC, RF2, R3E and GSCE and i prefer this over all of them. Havent touched the others since PC came out and there is more goodness to come from PC in the near future.

I have no problem with his complaints, they're all valid I'm sure. My problem is with him telling me that my opinion is invalid just because he doesn't agree with it. I never said the game was free of issues, just that (for whatever reason) I haven't encountered many of them. Every sim I play has issues, but arguing with strangers on the internet hasn't seemed to fix any of them so I don't see any point in that kind of behavior.

And my response had nothing to do with that, but rather the notion that people don't have legitimate reasons to complain about the game. Which the post I quoted by you insinuated heavily.

To suggest that the whining on the forums is ridiculous when they release patch notes that have a ridiculous amount of issue fixes...

And my response had nothing to do with that, but rather the notion that people don't have legitimate reasons to complain about the game. Which the post I quoted by you insinuated heavily.

To suggest that the whining on the forums is ridiculous when they release patch notes that have a ridiculous amount of issue fixes...

That wasn't my insinuation at all, I never made one comment about whether the complaints about the game were legitimate or not. My comments were directed at his claim that I have not had any fun playing the game, which is an utterly ridiculous thing to say. Makes about as much sense as you saying you had a tasty pizza last night and me responding with "I don't like mushrooms, and that pizza had mushrooms on it so obviously you did NOT enjoy it. These lies of "enjoying" the pizza are baseless and subjective. Nobody on the planet could possibly like a pizza with mushrooms because I think they're f'ing disgusting! Go ahead and order another pizza with mushrooms and I'll tell you why they're disgusting and why you're wrong for liking them!!!" Pretty silly if you ask me.

That wasn't my insinuation at all, I never made one comment about whether the complaints about the game were legitimate or not. My comments were directed at his claim that I have not had any fun playing the game, which is an utterly ridiculous thing to say. Makes about as much sense as you saying you had a tasty pizza last night and me responding with "I don't like mushrooms, and that pizza had mushrooms on it so obviously you did NOT enjoy it. These lies of "enjoying" the pizza are baseless and subjective. Nobody on the planet could possibly like a pizza with mushrooms because I think they're f'ing disgusting! Go ahead and order another pizza with mushrooms and I'll tell you why they're disgusting and why you're wrong for liking them!!!" Pretty silly if you ask me.

Apologies then.

I´m sure we all hate the current situation the game is in.

So, let´s go to the point: what is it for you that keep you comming? What do you do with this game after it screws you to get back into it again? What keeps you playing this game? What particular car-track combo restores your faith?
Hating on a mere thing strikes me as extreme. I'm disappointed with certain aspects of the game for sure.

But with many things, I've found patience to be an excellent aggravation reducer. I'll play around with the things that work OK in the game for me and wait until the patches are delivered to try out the areas the currently are not working properly.

The Formula Rookie at any of the British tracks offer me up a lot of fun right now.

In the interim there are plenty of other pleasurable diversions to keep me occupied.

1. I do not always gain places at the start
2. I wouldn't know, i dont play anywhere near maximum difficulty and i dont always win
3. I dont think i have ever been shunted off, havent found them to be overly slow anywhere
4. no idea what you mean
5. don't know, does this cause the overheating tyres? I have only had overheating tyres once on the rear after a pitstop
6. I am competitive in the rain in some races but not others.

Not a waste of time for me, most fun i have had in any racing game. Until PC came out i shared my time between AC, RF2, R3E and GSCE and i prefer this over all of them. Havent touched the others since PC came out and there is more goodness to come from PC in the near future.

1- That doesn´t change they can´t start.
2- Trust me, they are.
3- Have you really even played this game mate?.
4- The pressures, compound, and fuel loads selected on the strategy screen reset constantly to random values. Then you arrive to the pits and the crew does random work.
5- What do you think happens when your pitcrew gives you tyres inflated to 0.80 bars for a GT3 car?
6- Sorry, but it´s a known issue AI keeps driving at dry pace in a wet track very often.

You had fun like this? Good for you. But it´s still broken, unfinished, and unplayable.

That´s exactly what happened but he was smart enough to backtrack into the subjectivity corner, because in the cold facts about the game discussion it didn´t fare too good.

Even if Pcars worked, Im faar from a top driver but I cant play below 100 percent and even then struggle to get a challenge out of them, accept dodging their INSANE driving, and I have to self limit my self on start as could win the race on the grid, thats if everyone gets around teh first corner aswell which is no guarantee,I hope they improve but I really cant see it, this game was clearly not made for me.

1- That doesn´t change they can´t start.
2- Trust me, they are.
3- Have you really even played this game mate?.
4- The pressures, compound, and fuel loads selected on the strategy screen reset constantly to random values. Then you arrive to the pits and the crew does random work.
5- What do you think happens when your pitcrew gives you tyres inflated to 0.80 bars for a GT3 car?
6- Sorry, but it´s a known issue AI keeps driving at dry pace in a wet track very often.

You had fun like this? Good for you. But it´s still broken, unfinished, and unplayable.

That´s exactly what happened but he was smart enough to backtrack into the subjectivity corner, because in the cold facts about the game discussion it didn´t fare too good.
Obviously my experience is different to yours, believe what you want, doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game, you can try pushing your views into me but arc the end of the day I am happy with what I have and it will only get better.

I'm glad you like the game. I really wish I could say I've never been punted. Career mode is a wash for me. I raced online. I've had great fun with the game, but also great frustration. The cars drive great one race, and utterly like ass the next. Even without touching the setup. It's hard enough trying to get a good flying lap in during qualifying, because idiots don't understand that you just can't blow out of the pits with reckless abandon. But you now also have to find a good balance for your car with a 5 minute qualifying session. If the setup never changes (until "I" change it) then I could care less about Q time. As everyone would be in the same boat. Hopefully the next patch will address some of this. Unfortunately, it doesn't read like it. Game reinstalled just in case. Now the wait.:thumbsup:

Swagg

Battles like this keep me interested in pCars. MP race at Spa in a public lobby with a small field. There were probably 10 or 12 people racing. It went smoothly. I usually see problems any time there is a field larger than 24 or so. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.;)

http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/gt3-battle-at-spa.10097/
Great race Snappy! Good save on the last lap. I was waiting for the snap. Well done, man. That was a stacked field. Pretty much everyone was quick, and clean. Looked like real life.

Great race Snappy! Good save on the last lap. I was waiting for the snap. Well done, man. That was a stacked field. Pretty much everyone was quick, and clean. Looked like real life.
Thanks for watching Swag! It's sort of a long video so I really appreciate you watching.:)

Like I mentioned in other threads. When the fields get too big (24+ drivers) funky things start to happen and people start to lag all over the joint. That race had no issues and I finished din P2.

Thanks for watching Swag! It's sort of a long video so I really appreciate you watching.:)

Like I mentioned in other threads. When the fields get too big (24+ drivers) funky things start to happen and people start to lag all over the joint. That race had no issues and I finished din P2.
Yeah, I enjoyed watching you fight with that Audi. Good close racing. Man, I'm itching to get back into this game. I was just so frustrated. :mad: I do miss the good races. Had quite a few of them.
You're pretty consistent with that Ruf. How do you manage to keep it dialed in? My car would always loose it's balance across races.

Swagg

Yeah, I enjoyed watching you fight with that Audi. Good close racing. Man, I'm itching to get back into this game. I was just so frustrated. :mad: I do miss the good races. Had quite a few of them.
You're pretty consistent with that Ruf. How do you manage to keep it dialed in? My car would always loose it's balance across races.

Swagg
The only thing I've done is turn down the accel. differential setting a bit. It tends to understeer on exit when on the throttle. I also freed up the rear a bit by turning down the aero on the rear wing to the "3" setting. Whatever that value means. At Spa, I close the brake ducts down to 60% (open) from the stock 75%. It was only an 8 lap race but I have done longer races and the tires have the tendency to overheat. I believe it's because I push the car too hard to compensate for the lack of top speed on that RUF. Did you notice that even with the tow from a draft I was hard pressed to overtake?

There's a lot left in the car but I'm only so talented. Lol

The only thing I've done is turn down the accel. differential setting a bit. It tends to understeer on exit when on the throttle. I also freed up the rear a bit by turning down the aero on the rear wing to the "3" setting. Whatever that value means. At Spa, I close the brake ducts down to 60% (open) from the stock 75%. It was only an 8 lap race but I have done longer races and the tires have the tendency to overheat. I believe it's because I push the car too hard to compensate for the lack of top speed on that RUF. Did you notice that even with the tow from a draft I was hard pressed to overtake?
There's a lot left in the car but I'm only so talented. Lol
I did notice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back