PC1 How do YOU restore your faith in this game?

I´m sure we all hate the current situation the game is in. Pretty much everything you try, the game ruins it. Races with pitstops are a recipe for disaster. Rolling starts are a joke. Invisible walls await you. Corner cutting detection does not work...

But we´re still here after all. There must be something good under all this mess. In my case, after a frustrating session of gameplay, my cure is to drive the BAC Mono around in free practice mode. The FFB is supreme for this car, and it´s just SO fun to drive that puts a smile on my face again. I can´t recommend enough this car to everybody, and a video says more than anything I can write. I hope this helps people to get into this car, you never see online races with it:(

mod-edit: you can post your videos here http://www.racedepartment.com/media/
Thanks mod, didn´t know about no embedding on threads thing. Posted it in the correct place now, and with your link anyone interested can have a look.:thumbsup:

So, let´s go to the point: what is it for you that keep you comming? What do you do with this game after it screws you to get back into it again? What keeps you playing this game? What particular car-track combo restores your faith?

Last edited:
The only thing I've done is turn down the accel. differential setting a bit. It tends to understeer on exit when on the throttle. I also freed up the rear a bit by turning down the aero on the rear wing to the "3" setting. Whatever that value means. At Spa, I close the brake ducts down to 60% (open) from the stock 75%. It was only an 8 lap race but I have done longer races and the tires have the tendency to overheat. I believe it's because I push the car too hard to compensate for the lack of top speed on that RUF. Did you notice that even with the tow from a draft I was hard pressed to overtake?

There's a lot left in the car but I'm only so talented. Lol

It's the hardest style to drive, that RUF. I love it but it takes work to achieve stuff. You really have to throw it in in the entry and then use the rear grip to push you out without oversteering. I could keep up with an Aston on Monza by driving on the limit and catching up on the straights with an extra low downforce.

The Ruf doesn't work for me. It doesn't suit my driving style. Translation, I can't drive the damned thing!:mad:
I am however, fond of the Mclaren 12C. :thumbsup: Not very ballsy on the straights, but she hugs a corner like no other with the right setup. I'm pretty quick with it. The Z4 is the next fav.

Swagg

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%