F1 2017 How did a F2002 mod from AC end up in F1 2017???

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh...
Codemasters have no case against the OP because they are not the IP. You keep confusing IP with any random developer. In this instance, Codemasters is a dev studio that happens to hold rights to a specific racing series, which is otherwise tasked to create a game, while supposed to assume fair practices in doing so, not being Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry but saying "modding industry" alone takes away any seriousness from your comments.

Sigh...
Codemasters have no case against the OP because they are not the IP. You keep confusing IP with any random developer. In this instance, Codemasters is a dev studio that happens to hold rights to a specific racing series, which is otherwise tasked to create a game, while supposed to assume fair practices in doing so, not being Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry but saying "modding industry" alone takes away any seriousness from your comments.

Sigh...

Codemasters have permission to use Ferrari ip via FOM because Ferrari signed its ip over to FOM. The OP had no such permission. This is the crux of the matter from a legal petspective.

• Deleted member 408599

Perhaps is not it also in major or minor measure a business? Do not they benefit web sim somehow from the Mod?

@Some_Guy_Here I think you need to do some better reseach, because the creation of the model is perfectly legal. Let's break the rest of it down:
What SalamanderSoldier owns: The 3d model in question.
What Ferrari Own: The IP of the Ferrari F2002
What Codemasters own: Permission to use the Ferrari IP

Salamander is perfectly entitled to sell the his 3d model for uses that do not violate the Ferrari IP or are fair uses of the Ferrari IP. Selling on Turbosquid's Editorial use only licence is perfectly legal, and it then becomes the purchaser's responsibility to use that model correctly.

The CM artist admitted he did not get permission to use the model prior, and has basicly admitted he stole Salamander's IP.

However, IF Codemasters (Not the CM artist, but codemasters as a company) had purchased the model, then Salamander would be bang out of luck. As it stands, I *Think* that if Codemasters purchase the model now, they may be legally in the clear.

If anyone here watch's Leonard French's live steam in a few hours, you should get him to look at this thread. Break though the spam and see if you can get people to notice

Sigh...

Codemasters have permission to use Ferrari ip via FOM because Ferrari signed its ip over to FOM. The OP had no such permission. This is the crux of the matter from a legal petspective.

But they cant use someone's model just because that someone made a model without permission.

The fact that we are comparing the ethica of a random guy with a multimillion company is just hilarious.

@Some_Guy_Here I think you need to do some better reseach, because the creation of the model is perfectly legal. Let's break the rest of it down:
What SalamanderSoldier owns: The 3d model in question.
What Ferrari Own: The IP of the Ferrari F2002
What Codemasters own: Permission to use the Ferrari IP

Salamander is perfectly entitled to sell the his 3d model for uses that do not violate the Ferrari IP or are fair uses of the Ferrari IP. Selling on Turbosquid's Editorial use only licence is perfectly legal, and it then becomes the purchaser's responsibility to use that model correctly.

The CM artist admitted he did not get permission to use the model prior, and has basicly admitted he stole Salamander's IP.

However, IF Codemasters (Not the CM artist, but codemasters as a company) had purchased the model, then Salamander would be bang out of luck. As it stands, I *Think* that if Codemasters purchase the model now, they may be legally in the clear.

If anyone here watch's Leonard French's live steam in a few hours, you should get him to look at this thread. Break though the spam and see if you can get people to notice

I can't believe I have to say this again. Selling Ferrari ip in the form of a model is not perfectly legal. Codemasters, Ferrari, and FOM all have a right to decide what can and cannot be done with ip that belongs to them, and if they wanted to they could order the OP to take the model down and to compensate them for loss of income.

It's the same with you. Nobody is allowed to take your ip and give it away or sell it because your ip is your work and could well be your sole source of income. It wouldn't be fair. That's why there are such strict laws around this stuff.

I can't believe I have to say this again. Selling Ferrari ip in the form of a model is not perfectly legal. Codemasters, Ferrari, and FOM all have a right to decide what can and cannot be done with ip that belongs to them, and if they wanted to they could order the OP to take the model down and to compensate them for loss of income.

Only Ferrari can.

But they cant use someone's model just because that someone made a model without permission.

They can and they did. Whether it's ethical is for you to decide.

I will also point out, hopefully one last time, that a significant portion of the value of that model comes from the fact that it is based on a Ferrari design, the ip to which belongs to Codemasters and FOM.

That's why I asked the OP to place a value on his model and that's why he wasn't able to do it.

• Deleted member 408599

The fact that we are comparing the ethica of a random guy with a multimillion company is just hilarious.
The companion already I clarify this point: " In fact, to take the model of someone is a bad practice, as to sell IP Ferrari without his permission to be a bad practice, in addition to be illegal . Neither Codemasters, nor the OP stand on particularly high moral ground here, although from a legal point of view codemasters have a stronger case against the OP than the OP does against Codemasters, for the reasons I've already pointed out". More attention needs to be directed to this. From the beginning, it was fair, but only understood what you want me to

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong. Ferrari signed over its ip to FOM, and Codemasters purchased it from FOM. Codemasters are the affected party here and therefore they can.

Suddenly you are an expert on licensing too now huh, and know better than actual game developers who actually deal with this sort of stuff on a daily basis... fascinating.

:poop:

Your attempts at trolling arent even good or entertaining bruv, please try harder in the future.

• Deleted member 408599

Suddenly you are an expert on licensing too now huh, and know better than actual game developers who actually deal with this sort of stuff on a daily basis... fascinating.

:poop:

Your attempts at trolling arent even good or entertaining bruv, please try harder in the future.
If alone you wanted to clarify his total lack of arguments, CONGRATULATION! Fulfilled mission ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back