Honda S800 RSC

Cars Honda S800 RSC 2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the update! Forgot to say it before, sorry, sometimes my manners leave much to be desired. Apologies and, again, thank you :)

Could you please try with:
[EXTRA_FX]
SKIP_GBUFFER = material:EXT_diffuser

Ty

Edit: An update to this post, I got recommendation to use instead:
Code:
[EXTRA_FX]
MASK_GBUFFER = material:EXT_diffuser
, so to not cause issues with SSLR

Last edited:
As with everything on csp, I'm not even sure that's the proper way to sort it for an exterior object visible from cockpit, so... sorry in advance if it causes some unwanted or missing effects on external views, as I never use/test TAA when it's possible to avoid. :unsure:

IIRC the above can also be used when there's a similar problem with the dials glass on cockpit, making the needles suffer the same sort of exaggerated blur and lag (on top of the crap TAA already does for rapid moving objects vs static ones with high contrast). Fortunately, it didn't seem like this car was suffering from it like on the hood deflector.

Btw, thanks for keeping this update race-oriented, with minimum csp-related object changes that could compromise maintaining lods, while still adding animated wipers (and of course, new physics improvements). Keeping lods is very welcome, now that it has 2 proper rivals on its class for a racing grid. It only took 3.5 years :coffee: -- the sub-1000cc grids are awesome on Okayama Piper and Modena.

Nice to see the visual damage sorted, as after T1 the AI would look badly damaged after slight taps. Noticed the 33 stradale as new default sound too, I'd been running it since the recommendation long ago in this thread.

PS: Completely forgot to mention on the other thread, the regular S800 had the license plate lights pointing to License instead of Object071on the config, so it doesn't light up. And one f1 camera (bumper maybe?) on it needs a slight offset so it doesn't clip into a partially visible object.

Cheers

Edit: Just to add two small notes:
-2.0 was released with an unpacked data folder, I'm mentioning if not intended
-The second is a small request (that goes way back): you ever go back to this model, I'd kindly ask that you consider adding the black underbody object to lod C, even if you don't find it worth to have emissive objects for rear lights/brakes.
On tracks with long straights or in their wide starting line it's noticeable for the cars ahead to suddenly gain/lose a lot of ground clearance in between wheels when everything bellow the raised body rear is missing. Just by leaving it, could help to disguise this transition a bit. Thank you.
Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_fuji68_5-7-120-19-10-24.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't bother to pack the data, yes, I completely forgot.
LOD C would need a complete make over, I have no idea why I made such a mess with it back then. I know this time didn't spend more time on it since I'd rather spend what I had available in the most important things that needed updating along with the physics.
Will take care of it if another update comes up :thumbsup:

Good to hear, thank you in advance :), for it's a pita to take care of these time consuming details on a old release.

When I made the last post I didn't notice that lod C had infact objects for rear lights glass and brakes (with same name for brakes as on prev. lods), but for some reason the texture isn't displayed on them making them invisible (prob. un-mapped), so the brakes emissive won't show under use. OTH, the floating object for headlights does its job.

Last edited:
I guess I've missed this documentation link. Should give you some hint where
DELAYED_RENDER , SKIP_GBUFFER, MASK_GBUFFER or BLEND_GBUFFER should be used in these scenarios where glass parts cause issues under taa.

Cheers

Edit: I got recommendation to use instead:
Code:
[EXTRA_FX]
MASK_GBUFFER = material:EXT_diffuser
, so to not cause issues with SSLR

Last edited:
Fantastic work @A3DR , thank you very much !
I have one small question. Since I set up my FOV correctly, I have discovered a small inconvenience : is it possible to move the center rear view mirror up/down the chrome shaft ?

I actually can't see left corners because of it :roflmao:

You can use BLM car for that. Search here on RD for that mod.

Fantastic !
Upon a quick read it seems it can only adjust the reflective part of the mirror (just like in real cars), right ?

Or can it also move the housing ?

Fantastic !
Upon a quick read it seems it can only adjust the reflective part of the mirror (just like in real cars), right ?

Or can it also move the housing ?
Maybe you can adjust your seating position a bit higher to get past it. But I'll consider removing it if there's any update in the future. Because race car :D

Excellent !
To go a bit further, do you know if it could be possible to adjust it in the tuning menu in pre-race ? lol

Just process it like suspension height for example :D
No because I would have to animate it, like the roof. BUT the CSP thing works, if you bother enough you can do it yourself, by borrowing the code from a car that uses it. Like Stereo's Vette for example, that's using the kn5 replacement to switch between different wheels:

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Forum trophies