HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

I need your support

I am going mad but ok.
Currently i am sending lots of private messages around.
To speed things a bit up and to reach more people, i believe i can post it publicly into this thread aswell.
This is the message i send:

Hey!

You may have seen the thread for the Big RD Skinning Competition featured on the front page. (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-big-rd-skinning-competition.130724/)

The community is creating RD themed skins.

I had the idea to put lots of usernames onto the car, letting them form the Racedepartment logo. (Or something like that, it's all in my head at the moment and could be altered a bit). At this point i am not quite sure if i really am gonna do it because it is a lot of effort. Reason for that:

I asked if it would be ok to display the usernames on the car, but i was told i need to get the permission from everyone featuring on the car. I need to message each user individually, that'll be a TON of work and time investment. Maybe it works out, maybe i'll give up after some time.

Deadline is at the end of February, so to give me more time i thought that i better start collecting names.

---

This is your turn:

I need your support, your permission to let me put your username on the car.
You are one of the lucky ones to get asked, i certainly cannot ask everyone.:notworthy:

Thank you :)

-

I guess just in case i will write to some of the Forum Game people privately in addition. Not everyone follows this thread.

No offence to @Aidan Keranen but I don't see him starting S28 anytime soon especially as he hasn't given us any information about it. Lesley knows the game good enough to moderate surely, I'd suggest that he'll do S28. :thumbsup:

Messaged @Jimlaad43 and asked if he'd be running the next season of RPS, he said he was going to leave it open to anyone else who wanted to step up and give it a crack. I'm very interested in running it, but did anyone else have their eyes on it?

If Jimlaad has changed his mind though, and wants to run another season, that's fine by me :thumbsup:

Messaged @Jimlaad43 and asked if he'd be running the next season of RPS, he said he was going to leave it open to anyone else who wanted to step up and give it a crack. I'm very interested in running it, but did anyone else have their eyes on it?

If Jimlaad has changed his mind though, and wants to run another season, that's fine by me :thumbsup:
I'm not running another, go ahead with it mate

As part of my role as a Staff member now, I will be aiming to try and get people doing more than just Sim Racing on Race Department. I will be trying to do this through Forum Games. The first thing I will be doing is bringing back the Racing Game challenges. You may have noticed that the old thread has been locked and renamed.

I will be creating a new thread, which will be featured more prominently on the website to get more people involved. What I do not want to see is people commenting in the thread things like "Uhh, this didn't work before why have you brought it back?" as that just defeats the point. Try to get involved with it and encourage people to join in the fun.

You'll see the thread soon.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea