HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

OK, I've done some thinking over the rally manager game and come up with three solutions I think could work. All of these scrap the APRC, BRC and ERC from the calendar

Solution 1-

Have the WRC, WRC2 and WRC3 classes, but to simplify it, you pick one class you compete in. So if you don't feel you'll be competitive in WRC, you could mount a WRC2 or WRC3 title challenge. Thrown in there maybe a few "special events.

Solution 2-
Just have the WRC class, but you can have more special events you can enter and build cars for

Solution 3-
Just have the WRC class, and have no special events.

I also think that introducing tyre manufacturers would be a quite nice touch, with them having differing performances on different surfaces and in overall speed

Special Events will include things like the Dakar Rally or other bigger rallies that are not part of the WRC calendar

Wasn't one point some criticised that you'd have to simulate too many races/rallyes?
Couldn't we put all classes in one simulation, i mean, it's often done in rallyes. They drive together but are not ranked in the same class. I certainly would like diversity and it would make it stand out as a game. + Interesting development with different choices to make.

I therefore vote for solution 1, which only has 3 classes but he, still nice

Wasn't one point some criticised that you'd have to simulate too many races/rallyes?
Couldn't we put all classes in one simulation, i mean, it's often done in rallyes. They drive together but are not ranked in the same class. I certainly would like diversity and it would make it stand out as a game. + Interesting development with different choices to make.
I've actually asked the same question before and i've been told this is exactly what's going to be done :p

All classes will be simulated together, that has always been the plan :) (Otherwise we would be here forever :D)

It won't be like special events left right and centre. There may be 2-3 Dakar style events (The Dakar Rally which will be an end of season, The Silk Way Rally, which will probably slot into a mid season slot, and potentially the African Eco Race)

Then there will probably be the odd rally event which you could enter

It's a massive cut down on having four championships to run

I'll try it out to start. I had my own idea a few months ago to do an excel-based WRC game, but looks like you're ready to go with this one. Not sure how similar yours is to mine, though.

Hey,
Id just like to say that my race 07 game, that i mentioned in December, is now ~90% ready, just need to think of some sponsors and create/find a spreadsheet etc.
It is based around amateur classic mini cooper racing, many of the rules have come from this theme and from the limitations of the game.
I believe i got permission to open a thread in December, but i felt it was worth asking again to avoid confusion.

Thanks
Daniel

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back