HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Absolutely! But only if you do it properly - eg. keep the calendar realistic (no additional road courses), model the chassis/engine development right and take the speedway type characteristics into account. Short oval racing and superspeedway racing are two completely different cups of tea ;)

Would there be any interest in a NASCAR based stockcar excel game?

I've been learning excel on and off when I've had the chance these last few months and i'm currently doing a lot of testing and wondered who would be interested in this type of game, cheers :thumbsup:

I think the biggest problem is the free-time availabilty of your life. Many started extremely promising Excel/Manager games and had to stop them halfway. As long as it continues, I would be OK with NASCAR or any other series.

It won't copy Omer's format. If i were to do that it'd be 2 laps a day which is 250 days for one race and i don't fancy that :laugh:
Exactly my point ;)
Curious, though, what your format would be. So much happens in a race with accidents and such that almost anyone can win or get knocked out because of someone else's decision. Excited to learn more.

Exactly my point ;)
Curious, though, what your format would be. So much happens in a race with accidents and such that almost anyone can win or get knocked out because of someone else's decision. Excited to learn more.

At the moment the plan is that players don't have control over their drivers during the race. Crew chiefs are a huge part of the decision making in nascar during the race so they will be in control. Their stats, traits and relationship with the driver and team will effect the decision making and outcomes etc.

A lot of this stuff isn't finalized yet so I don't want to get you excited and tell you about all the concepts i have in mind because some probably won't make it into the game :)

No, I'll see what I can do, but I'm not saying anything. The week that I had in which I could have had it started suddenly became very crowded, so I wasn't able to get it done then.

We still have the ribbon disappearing when we scroll down. It used to stay put so I could select alerts regardless of where we were on the page.

In light of @Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham 's rally game going under (RIP WRMM), I'd like to open up a discussion about the rally game I considered building last year. If there is still some interest, I'll keep developing it. It would not be a team manager like Andy's game was, but rather more car-centric. You'd be able to set up attributes to the car itself such as suspension, engine tuning, etc., to try to gain an advantage over differing rally courses. Of course, there will also be a reward system that will let you upgrade your car after each event.

Thoughts?

In light of @Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham 's rally game going under (RIP WRMM), I'd like to open up a discussion about the rally game I considered building last year. If there is still some interest, I'll keep developing it. It would not be a team manager like Andy's game was, but rather more car-centric. You'd be able to set up attributes to the car itself such as suspension, engine tuning, etc., to try to gain an advantage over differing rally courses. Of course, there will also be a reward system that will let you upgrade your car after each event.

Thoughts?

Go for it mate!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%