Hoernle's Belt Tensioner - Detailed Build Instructions

@Andy J I just installed the Mcsetupctrl extension. For me it works perfectly. Just unzip the folder into the "extension" folder in the Simfeedback main directory. Then activate the plugin (see screenshot). Make a restart of Simfeedback and then you should see it in the "Extension" tab (see below).
1707402557926.png

1707402404194.png

@Hoernle I took your advice and ran the remove blocking several times and then restarted and it has worked !!!! I need to spend some time figuring out how to use it but it has now installed. Thank you for your help - hopefully I can figure this out from here !!!

@Andy J fantastic :). The plugin is super simple. Just click "add" to generate another controller. Each arduino needs one controller. Afterwards, just assign the correct COM port. In the device manager you will see which COM port belongs to your second arduino. Obviously, don't forget to click the green check mark to save. Probably you have to do a restart to see the second controller in the effect menu.

So I have got the second controller connect, and the servo motor I am using starts up just like the main ones on the SFX100, but I cannot get any movement out if during a simulation. I am NOT using the same servo and controller as the SFX100, but a NEMA 32 and servo controller (open loop) - perhaps this is the issue ? but I would have thought that the simfeed back software is pushing out PWM signal so either should work as there appears to be no feedback loop to simfeedback judging by the wiring (only pulse/step , direction and enable).

The fact that the NEMA servo goes to the mid position using controller 2 when starting up had me hopeful - but now I am not sure .....

I have never heard that someone uses NEMAs with simfeedback. I guess there is a high chance that those motors are not supported.

Maybe someone else knows more?

It looks like they are not - so I am off programming my own code now - strange that it calibrates like the others do but then nothing. Still getting to do it with my son - so that is a good time together although his coding skills are better than mine !!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.