F1 2012 Helmet models for Photoshop

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Firstly I must apologise for not getting this exactly how I wanted it to be.

But in theory, you shouldn''t be able to get hold of the helmet model in this years game at all....although I have tried.

In the download we have both helmets with and without rear fin.

Both include wireframes aswell.

I have left my little logo on the template....so if you use the model at all I would be appreciated if you leave it there (many thanks).

I only wish I could have done it a little better, but I will keep trying, and if I can improve the model at all.....I will update the download file.

So this is the best I can offer for now.....

.......my head hurts!!

:sneaky:

ENJOY!!!

helmets.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE

How do you do the lovely renders of the helmets in 3D? And what settings do you use to make them look nice and shiny and reflective?

Mainly with 3DS Max. There are ways it can be done in Photoshop, but I don't use them.

On your other question regarding saving.....

Firstly save the file as a DDS somewhere on your PC. Desktop would be good.

Open up the file you want it to go into with Ryders PSSG Editor.

For example C:\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\characters\bespokehelmets\gen_01_tex_high.pssg

Then import your DDS into this file, and save back to the original location.

You will need to do the same as the above for the low texture too.

Ahh ok, im guessing you modelled your own helmet and just applied the texture for display purposes.

And thanks for those steps! The helmets in-game and I am loving it!! Can't thank you enough dude for providing the template and the help you've given me and others!

Ahh ok, im guessing you modelled your own helmet and just applied the texture for display purposes.

And thanks for those steps! The helmets in-game and I am loving it!! Can't thank you enough dude for providing the template and the help you've given me and others!

No the helmet is actually from game.

Just made it available for painting purposes.

But thank you anyway.

:thumbsup:

hi , can someone post the orignal bespoke helmet folder , and menu for the helmets , i installed a helmet pack and the helmets in the menu arn't changing to the ones i add to it , what do i need to do ? i did install this mod HelmetReplacementMod-2012-V5.0 but i need to change a few to add new ones

So I'm pretty new with Photoshop, and as helpful as your guide is I'm still getting a few problems. Like after the merge in the 3D layer the image/lines will be in other layers other than the dedicated layer meant for the new images. Another problem I'm getting is any merge in the 3D layer after the 1st merge wont appear in the 2D layer. Any Idea how i can fix this?

Also how do you get wire-frame in the 3D image?

And i'm using CS6 and i can't seem to find the Position drop tab you use in the vid. Any idea where is it in this version?

Mainly with 3DS Max. There are ways it can be done in Photoshop, but I don't use them.

On your other question regarding saving.....

Firstly save the file as a DDS somewhere on your PC. Desktop would be good.

Open up the file you want it to go into with Ryders PSSG Editor.

For example C:\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\characters\bespokehelmets\gen_01_tex_high.pssg

Then import your DDS into this file, and save back to the original location.

You will need to do the same as the above for the low texture too.
ML2166 Can u please Tell me more about render on photoshop, u dont use it but maybe know how to make the render i like photoshop i was looking fr 3ds render tutorial and looks very complicated thanks

hi, i need help...i wanna work with the file : Helmet without fin.psd and wen i open and try to paint i paint in the helmet...but that isn't what i want...i want to paint like iff i have a fin....i am using Adobe Photoshop CS4, and the with fin open a texture (something) and i can edit stuff

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back