Have Your Say: What Would You Like to See as the New ISI Racing Game IP?

I think I'd love whatever they would do, modern or classic, tarmac or gravel/snow, open wheelers or not, or anything....

Loose surfaces are a bit forgotten in simracing, Dirt Rally was close, but just touched it, RBR was great - but it is old and not much content, and dead :( gRally is coming, but they are going to be really small at start, and it is hard to say if they will really take off.

What I'd really like to see would be a totally new approach to simracing. Maybe some entertaining ideas for doing career, earning licenses, maybe having it in online mode, climbing up.

MMO with some RPG elements simracing game lol SOme enhanced feeling of climbing up, doing career, not only doing faster laptimes and finishing in better positions.

My guess, if it is still racing related, would be an Indycar/Mazda Road to Indy game. USF2000, was started by Michael Peters (IRL mod creator in the rF1 days), then, I believe, was given to ISI where they got the license and did some work to it, then sold rF2 to S397 where they finished up and released.

I forget the exact quote, but Aless had on the URD Facebook page that they could not release their AC Formula Lites (Indy Lites) and Formula Challenge (Indycar with the body kits) mods for rF2. I believe it was some sort of licensing thing. But don't quote me on that.

They have also been sitting on this since 2013. The Watson Roadster was released as a 3PA mod

http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-indy-500-licensed

But my leaning is on something not racing related at all. I think they would be putting more assets into the Rogue System game, or a follow up to that.

As long as it's not a DX9.0d aperture custom "hard-to-work-with" engine, I'll be interested.
Seriously, pick a good starting point, test-bed, etc.

I have faith in their attention to detail and personal quality work. I don't have as much faith in their choice of engine design and graphics aperture. Then again, this was only really in regards to rF2, so maybe I'm just a bit morbid about it.

Real-world-based, racing related, that would not compete with rF2 and still leverage ISI's physics forte:
  • Motorcycles
  • Offroad racing
  • Rally
  • Rallycross
  • Dirt track
  • Drag racing
  • Heavy vehicles (tanks? earthmovers?)
  • Hydroplanes
  • Offshore racing
Per the original announcement of Studio 397, ISI did not sell rF2, but are a partner in the enterprise known as Studio 397. The earlier words from ISI, before the creation of Studio 397, was that "not rF2" has technology which could find its way into rF2. My hunch is rF2's DX11 lighting & VR development are some of that technology, which would indicate "not rF2" will be a DX11 product.

The world of drag racing is under-explored in games and sims, so that seems like a possibility, though likely too narrow for a single product unless it also tackled the history of drag racing. Motorcycles were explored in the games marketplace, but the lack of affordable & reasonable-size FFB controllers is a marketing hurdle which would need to be tackled. I recall hearing that ISI were involved with military contracts initially, so maybe they have experience with tank simulation?

Offroad/Dirt track/Rally/Rallycross, however, is a larger niche which has a proven market-share, so an all-encompassing title with superior physics could do very well... yes, I can easily see ISI taking on this project (just hope someone else takes care of the UI).

I would like to see ISI produce a finished racing simulator.

You mean as opposed to Sports Car GT, the F1 games, rFactor 1? It's just rF2 that have been 'bad' in terms of ISI games.

With that being said, a proper IndyCar game would be fun. It's been 14 years since the last good IndyCar game, it's time for another proper game.

well, it's not rF3 'cause they wont compete against their own product, unless they're planning to release it by the end of 2018, or 2019... then it's a very long term racing sim project...

but since they have a small project called Rogue Systems, it could be some sort of flight sim...

What I don't want to see is an rfactor with better graphics.

I would love to see loads of Dev produced tracks. Modders do a great job with cars. Just give us places to race. High quality tracks, maybe 1 or 2 official series blancpain sounds good + a single seater.

Ooh and a more advanced damage model.

That is all.

Just give us a really detailed NASCAR sim. All the tracks, with Trucks, Xfinity, and Cup cars. Push the car and track physics, also make a damage model that truly affects the way a car will handle based on what aero and/or mechanical damage it has sustained.
Only problem is now you only get 5 mins to repair or you're out. :) Sim racing has to find a way to put the fear in the driver to not make a mistake. It'll never reach the fear you get with the threat of bodily harm or death, but it's a great place to start!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back